chris357

New zombie skin

Thanks and congrats for this awesome mod guys !

I had some time today and I did a little test that might interest you...

Here only the "face" has been remade. If you're interested, I can do other, including clothes.

Good luck.

dayz_z2r1_custom_thumb.jpg

dayz_z2r2_custom_thumb.jpg

Your original skin :

dayz_z2r1_origin_thumb.jpg

dayz_z2r2_origin_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is awesome! Great work I'd love to see some of your work incorporated into the mod!

The only thing I can see them not liking is that from what I've read from earlier posts apparently the zombies in DayZ are not supposed to be dead. But that skin you did is awesome!

Awesome work. I don't see why they wouldn't want to include it into the mod. Original Poster, just try to join the Developer Team and you can re-do the skins for them.

That's marvellous you should talk to devs about helping with character skins.

yep. agreed. nice work man, devs should pick you up to help out....im not saying they dont have the skills to do so, but your help would make life easier for the devs.

Thanks you so much for your comments ;)

goldengears, I searched through the forum and I've read this in the -Newbie Survivor Guide- "In their natural state the zed are most often found shuffling slowly around the area they died or were infected". I don't know if it's an official guide, but anyway if devteam likes my work, I'd like to do different steps of infection through their skins...

KevinsLunchbox, I agree with you, I mentioned it in my post that only the "body tissues" have been worked. But if they accept, I'll do all the body parts.

I'd also love to see included a model of survivor in the bestiary, that would appear some times, for improve consistency with what's happening in the area.

And sorry, I don't speak english very well...

That's amazing but I have a small problem with the clothes. They're too clean for my taste.

Pffft!! what's wrong with zombies that care about their appeal? :3 A cop MUST show respect to the uniform, dead or alive.

How can the dev team not like this new skin? It looks really epic. I would love to see this in game.

The old skin looked like Kevin from Home Alone going down on his girlfriend at the worst time of month.

Defiantly looks better. Although I do agree, the clothes should be dirty/bloody as well.

Also, what program do you use to modify the skins?

That's a tough one... When you use an SDK (UDK, CRYengine...) you have all the tools in the hands. But with Arma 2 you need to regroup a large number of tool by your self...

But for the "skinning" side, I use Photoshop.