chris357

New zombie skin

That's a tough one... When you use an SDK (UDK' date=' CRYengine...) you have all the tools in the hands. But with Arma 2 you need to regroup a large number of tool by your self...

But for the "skinning" side, I use Photoshop.

[/quote']

Ah I see. Well I'm no professional Photoshop user, but I have done some graphic design with photoshop/illustrator. And would be more than happy to lend a hand if yall need any help.

Just shoot me a message if you need help or want some extra hands working.

Edit: So I've downloaded the programs needed. I'm currently attempting to learn what each program does and how to use them. Hopefully in the near future I'll be putting some skins out!

Thank you for the proposal. But the real waste of time is in the implementation of the skins. The 2D side is a cakewalk, but include 30 minutes of work in the engine of the game takes at least three times longer.

That's amazing but I have a small problem with the clothes. They're too clean for my taste.

Yeh it looks like he must get naked every time he eats..... eww.

Thank you for the proposal. But the real waste of time is in the implementation of the skins. The 2D side is a cakewalk' date=' but include 30 minutes of work in the engine of the game takes at least three times longer.

[/quote']

I am finding out how true that is haha. I spent most of yesterday installing the correct programs and then trying to understand them. The main part I'm hung up on is writing the config. I've done a few tutorials just to get the hang of some of the programs, and they've had me copy/paste their config into notepad. So I'm trying to study those to see what makes these things tick.

Edit: Am I correct in thinking if I'm just changing the skin, I can use the current config file, and just edit it and change a few spots to point it to the new .paa file?

Some new stuff just to say "hey guys, we are still working on it", but the skins are shown here in "work in progress":

teacherq.jpg

doctorcj.jpg

We plan to make unique look for each zombie. We have some problems with the hands and the faces are glossy for some reasons as you can see. But we are working on it. (By the way, if someone known a solution about these problems we're entirely open for some advices.)

- The Hands problem is fixed !

- Now a shader is applied on face (to make the blood aspect more sticky).

- New wounds material and texture for more realistic effect (for zombies).

Meet the Villager

zvillager2_comp_conv.jpg

zvillager2_head_conv.jpg

zvillager2_scene_conv.jpg

It was just a test ... Went wrong ... Carpenter, get out of here !

wtf_thething_conv.jpg

Anyone know how to replace the rvmat of body (Camo) into the Config.bin ?

awesome' date=' i would keep the rey eyes tho

[/quote']

Agreed, as stated before the Zeds are infected and not dead, so wouldn't it make sense for them to retain their red bloodshot eyes over the new dead grey ones? Especially since they can see.

I think this new face is pretty well for the priest. He seem to have a great hunger for God's children...

face_05_thumb.jpg

The villager's body slightly modified and a new face with a bite to the throat, but pretty clean (do not seem to have eaten yet).

face_07_thumb.jpg

And the worker very dirty...

worker_v2_r1_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I don't have access to the unwraps or models (otherwise I would be much faster). They are binarized and it's not possible to unbinarize them. I work from the original textures, edit the config.bin manually and I restart the game whenever I want to see the result...