aggathor

I Conduct Social Experiements on DayZ Players.

When naked I'd say most people are friendly, Kit up (have a gun) and they'll shoot at you 95% of the time. 

I'm currently collecting clips of me interacting with people in close to full military armor. You'll be surprised with the results :)

The first guy you asked about in the second video wasn't necessarily unfriendly. He was being cautious. If someone came up on me like that i would have probably shot as well just based on being that startled. However, he did seem alright after you talked to him. A true unfriendly in that scenario, in my opinion, would have said 'ok yeah', then shot you when you checked the second time.

Exactly, and that is why I cannot decide this alone.

If someone cautions you to not get close, and you comply, that qualifies as friendly.

If you tarry, you can expect to be shot. Even fists are deadly. Best to go away.

You're doing this much better that another who tried to prove that most people are unfriendly.

Devildoggamer. He got in peoples faces, and was generally obnoxious.

It's a good experiment, but unfortunately the results will vary depending upon "luck."

Looking forward to more.

Yes, luck plays a large roll here. However, with more data, luck will become a smaller factor(Probably :p).

You: 'You need help with anything?'

player shoots you

what you shoulda said next: 'maybe some accuracy training?'

anyways nice vid, i think that if you have a fire axe then more people would have killed ya... and an M4 even more unfriendlies? but you said you would upload a vid with low level gear

• Like 1

You: 'You need help with anything?'

player shoots you

what you shoulda said next: 'maybe some accuracy training?'

anyways nice vid, i think that if you have a fire axe then more people would have killed ya... and an M4 even more unfriendlies? but you said you would upload a vid with low level gear

I just wish I was that quick on my feet to come up with that line :D

Yes, I'm uploading 15 low gear(basic bag, basic clothes, melee weapon) interactions next (part 3). Then 15 high gear(large bag, ranged weapon) interactions(part 4).

I just picked up the double-barrel shotgun, so I'm looking forward to seeing how people react!

• Like 1

Part 3 released. I interact with people while wearing low value gear. I also reveal if the guy in the previous video was friendly or unfriendly.

Edited by Aggathor
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed these - subscribed!

Despite the fact that you are coming out in the green, its still a pretty good point that there is little in between.  Its almost a 40%/60% chance to be killed without a word, or have a decent chat.

Edited by jprime84
  • Like 1

Part 3 released. I interact with people while wearing low value gear. I also reveal if the guy in the previous video was friendly or unfriendly.

I really liked these videos. It makes me want to second guess how I react to people just sneaking up on me and assuming everyone is a bad guy. Maybe I'll be a bit nicer :)

I think it's mostly normal reactions while under extreme tension. As in, totally unpredictable.

And NOW you know why aliens have never visited Earth.

Edited by zaphodity

Really enjoyed these - subscribed!

Despite the fact that you are coming out in the green, its still a pretty good point that there is little in between.  Its almost a 40%/60% chance to be killed without a word, or have a decent chat.

Thank you jprime! Yes, the data I'm getting is pointing to those numbers. When I'm not recording I interact with who I can to trade goods, the chat is just a bonus... but at high risk.

I really liked these videos. It makes me want to second guess how I react to people just sneaking up on me and assuming everyone is a bad guy. Maybe I'll be a bit nicer :)

Showing others that not everyone kills on sight is my initial intention with this series. Don't blame me if you get killed though! :D

Edited by Aggathor

Really in vid 2 the guy with the mosin sucked ass....such horrible placed shots...should have punched him out for beign that bad.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Try to use different accent, you'll see the difference (some people kill other players just because they dont like their accents, it happened to me 4 times) , and dont give 2 points to people that just showed u the way the equipment was, 2 points should be rewarded when someone saved you from something.

but anyway keep up the good work, want to see more of them vids coming ! keep me updated (Send me pm when new ep comes out)

Peace!

I disagree regarding the points. It makes sense to me to reward +1 friendly points for people who doesn't KoS and leave it at that, and +2 for people who actually gives gear or shows the way to gear (same thing really) or anything else. +2 means an active positive participation of friendliness, regardless of the nature of those actions, while +1 is just passive friendliness (refraining from doing anything hostile).

Still very interesting stuff. I don't have a Youtube account so I am following your videos through this forum.

It would be interesting to make a statistic regarding the number of military gear (weapons as well as clothing) players in groups and their tendency towards hostility. From my judgement it seems that these kind of players make out by far the highest portion of the hostile segment (and almost completely absent in the friendly segment).

Which is kinda strange when you think about it, since groups of players in military gear should be the type of player most capable of maintaining their own security, and thus least likely to see threats in (especially) unarmed players. Yet it seems they time and time again KOS unarmed players.

How is someone shooting you on sight not very unfriendly? 8o

In my latest video (Being posted tonight(part 4)), I open up the floor to an alternative point distribution system. I'll bump this post when it's ready for viewers.

Still very interesting stuff. I don't have a Youtube account so I am following your videos through this forum.

It would be interesting to make a statistic regarding the number of military gear (weapons as well as clothing) players in groups and their tendency towards hostility. From my judgement it seems that these kind of players make out by far the highest portion of the hostile segment (and almost completely absent in the friendly segment).

Which is kinda strange when you think about it, since groups of players in military gear should be the type of player most capable of maintaining their own security, and thus least likely to see threats in (especially) unarmed players. Yet it seems they time and time again KOS unarmed players.

It will probably be sometime before I go into detailed statistics of 1, 2, 3, etc, people in a group and how they're likely to behave. I'm pretty sure we'll see those details unfold as I produce more interactions anyway. From the interactions we have so far, groups of 3+ are likely to be hostile.

It only takes one player of the group to KoS before the others join in, sadly. (I am guilty of this)

Edited by Aggathor

Would you consider a neutral, or +0 value? I would apply this to a case where you were ignored completely, or only barely acknowledged.

Granted, in DayZ not being killed is generally positive.

Part 4 is released. I'd like to thank all of you for your support with this series!

Would you consider a neutral, or +0 value? I would apply this to a case where you were ignored completely, or only barely acknowledged.

Granted, in DayZ not being killed is generally positive.

I understand where your coming from. However, an interaction wouldn't be an interaction if no interaction takes place... if that makes sense. Not only that, it's boring for viewers :p

• Like 1

You've a "trustworthy" voice. Probably helps.

In part 5 I'm going to act like an obnoxious twat. This should tell us how much being friendly actually contributes to how I'm treated.

• Like 1

Part 5 released! I act like an obnoxious twat.

• Like 1

I`m at 1:45 and pause. Funny as hell... :P

Can you get out of my town, you can go this or that way... lol no gear vs high end... watch now what happens... :P

Edited by NoCheats

Part 6 released - Are hardcore servers friendlier than regular servers.