w1lg5r

HUD for masks

simple idea, put a hud on gas masks and bike helmets, anything like that really. It would restrict view slightly as it would irl and maybe have some effects on it, e.g. rain on visors show.

might deter people from using them non stop and instead carry them, putting them on when they need to.

obviously not this simple, but something akin to this? I'm not sure anything more restrictive is anything close to realistic and am not sure that really blocks out all that much... I kind of like the idea for immersion, but don't see it affecting too much.

jj4NgwO.jpg

Been suggested somewhere together with sth. like effects on breathing while wearing a gasmask  - but still: Yeah! Pretty needed.

I like the idea, so it would be similar to wearing NVGs in the ACE mod for Arma 2?

yeah wolf mind got the idea, maybe if water gathered you could wipe it off metro last light style

The screens show how the quality of the gas mask could affect the fov.

I'm in favor if it's 1st person only. It doesn't have to be all complicated, you can start with simple or light overlays and see how people perceive it.

It would add a great deal of immersion and also a realistic "drawback" if certain masks and glasses get some benefits eventually. Sunglasses would block the bright rays but make everything darker, for example. A gas mask might be handy for environmental hazards, as slight face protection and slight camo but would reduce FOV somewhat.

Bonus points if you add gas mask breathing sounds. No, doesn't have to be all darth vader like, but would be very nice to have in the future.

Given the ballistics helmet is now visible in 1PP, I imagine masks/bike helmets/glasses will also some sort of affect on the way you see the world. At least I'm hoping that's the case anyway.

Ohh really did they add that in the last patch cant remember the last time I wore a Ballistics Helmet.

Immersive idea yeah, and what about the 3rd person view ?

Remove it, its unbalanced anyways.

I can assure you all masks will have some kind of drawback in the future. It will be implemented.

The Rocket discussed how the motor bike helmet will have a hearing draw back.. thus concluding more vision impaired ideas for other masks i dare say.

Having said that it makes perfect sence so people dont wear them for no reason i guess