Sign in to follow this  
F1ackM0nk3y

Huzzahh, Zombies walk through doors now

Vice going through the wall....for the last two zombies that attacked me while I was in a building.

I was in Lopatino looking for some food in one of the farm houses there when I heard the typical Zombie mating sound (you know the one where they are telling you they are about to try and jump on you and hump your leg.) Anyway, I pulled out my Fire Axe, got ready and low and behold, the MF'er came through the door (vice the wall.) Dispatched him and went outside and aggroed another zombie and  made a run for a building. This one too went through the door instead of the wall (made her run alone the outside of the building.) Next I'll have to see if they can surmount that most devious of obstacles... STAIRS =)

Welcome to dayZ ;)

Jokes aside, zombies have a ton of issues atm, which are all on the bug tracker, so just be patient and wait for a fix.
It could be long though. Nobody but the dev team knows :)

Just head up a ladder. *cough* I hear those can be quite challenging.

• Like 3

Hi.

I think it's pretty random atm. I bought SA about a week after initial release and the first day I had 2 zeds come up the stairs in a schoolhouse, of course when I mentioned this before I ended up with some guys jumping down my throat here as if I was lying lol.

I've also seen them not able to get upstairs, walking on floors as well as in floors. Hence why I say its random.

Regards.

Their movement pattern has been somewhat random for a while now. Sometimes they go through doors, and even up the stairs. Sometimes they pass through walls or stairs.

Welcome to dayZ ;)

Jokes aside, zombies have a ton of issues atm, which are all on the bug tracker, so just be patient and wait for a fix.

It could be long though. Nobody but the dev team knows :)

Psst. Read the thread title and OP again. He's saying the zombies now come through the doors rather than the walls.

I'm curious as to how they cope with closed doors.

• Like 2

Psst. Read the thread title and OP again. He's saying the zombies now come through the doors rather than the walls.

I'm curious as to how they cope with closed doors.

DING DING DING, This. I was not complaining about what zombies have done in the past but, praising what they seem to be doing at the moment. Time will tell if the Zombie no clip problem has been fixed.  And to Disgraced, I don't even go near that killer of men know as the ....ladder =)

Edited by F1ackM0nk3y

I think the zombies operate on a crude waypoint system based upon the last location they saw you or some whatsahoozit like that. Because they seem to either go to where I was after they spotted me and then turn, or just come in a beeline through a building at me.

Nothing a fireaxe cant handle

I think the zombies operate on a crude waypoint system based upon the last location they saw you or some whatsahoozit like that. Because they seem to either go to where I was after they spotted me and then turn, or just come in a beeline through a building at me.

Nothing a fireaxe cant handle

Look at some of the videos on the devblog and you will see this is not true, they changed from a system, exactly like you describe, to a much more dynamic system, where they actually change path, based on your current location, in releations to the Z's :)

Theres a long video about it in the archives, right here:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/archive

• Like 1

Look at some of the videos on the devblog and you will see this is not true, they changed from a system, exactly like you describe, to a much more dynamic system, where they actually change path, based on your current location, in releations to the Z's :)

Theres a long video about it in the archives, right here:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/archive

Was that just changed in the recent patch? Because while I am in no way disagreeing with you, I'm just saying, this happens all the time when im in urban areas. I will watch zombies waddle to my previous location from where they spotted me then turn on a dime and come straight at me

xD maybe im just that lucky

No no, it was done before the alpha even came out mate.
Thoose videos are from last year, from the devblog :)

But still keep in mind, zombies are broken and full of flaws hehe, so it might not work 100% as it should yet ;)

Was that just changed in the recent patch? Because while I am in no way disagreeing with you, I'm just saying, this happens all the time when im in urban areas. I will watch zombies waddle to my previous location from where they spotted me then turn on a dime and come straight at me

xD maybe im just that lucky

No it wasn't and the new zombies on that video were never implemented at the initial release (Rocket said this himself). They are at the bare minimum right now, hence the odd waypointing and going through walls.

There is little worse then agroing a Z while in a building.. you never know where the hell the bastard will appear from.. the worst is when his head is just through the floor and they are gnawing on you ankles!

• Like 1

I think they are working on the zombie AI via parallellization. Eventually you will see MUCH better zombie AI.

You have been warned.

I think they are working on the zombie AI via parallellization. Eventually you will see MUCH better zombie AI.

You have been warned.

SPN__SQUEEEEE_by_HYUMAN.jpg

• Like 1

I've noticed they come through doors too, except one instance inside of one of those small military barracks with the double bunks, I was watching the door waiting for a zombie to come through but he clipped through the wall/window and came at me. And no zombies still can't go up stairs. On a side note, didn't they supposedly fix the random zombie noises in a patch before or are they still working on it? All I could hear yesterday while in the countryside was random zombie sounds with nothing around but woods for miles.

Edited by Foxhunt

I've noticed they come through doors too, except one instance inside of one of those small military barracks with the double bunks, I was watching the door waiting for a zombie to come through but he clipped through the wall/window and came at me. On a side note, didn't they supposedly fix the random zombie noises in a patch before or are they still working on it? All I could hear yesterday while in the countryside was random zombie sounds with nothing around but woods for miles.

What you're hearing is tunneling mole zombies

OK so zombies can't go up stairs?

I was at the NEAF, jail block near the tower and opened the door to the top floor room and found 2 inside, the chicks in the pink skirts. I thought someone had lured them, so it was just bugged was it?

OK so zombies can't go up stairs?

I was at the NEAF, jail block near the tower and opened the door to the top floor room and found 2 inside, the chicks in the pink skirts. I thought someone had lured them, so it was just bugged was it?

I believe so. I have come upon a building with a zombie just standing halfway up the steps not moving so I thought they may have been able to go up stairs now. But then I aggrod some while looting a building, and watched as they were still clipping through the floor/just walking straight through the stairs. I really have no idea, and I can't say for sure actually because I have only seen each of these instances once (once with zombies clipping through ground/stairs and once with a zombie standing perfectly fine halfway up the stairs). Could it be that zombies can only traverse certain buildings at the moment? Your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by Foxhunt
  • Like 1

Cheers, will test this out if I get time today after work.