DeadTooRights

This night time stuff is very annoying...

So let me see if I follow this...I live on the US east coast and I can't play the game until the evening. So I can't play the game with daylight? The idea that this is a game and not real life should not be forgotten.

gameservers.com are doing maintenance arnt they?

I like that I can't play in the day because the game represents real time yet an hour after I'm full I am close to death. Makes sense.

I'm UK but working shifts, as it stands i'll have to play Dayz in the dark this week. 

Yes i could try the gamma trick, the game looks crap like that. i could play with standard settings and run around with a torch at night but that would make me stand out wouldn't it?

I'd like to see a quicker day night cycle ;)  

Edited by Von_Carnage

So let me see if I follow this...I live on the US east coast and I can't play the game until the evening. So I can't play the game with daylight? The idea that this is a game and not real life should not be forgotten.

Uhm, theres a couple thousand servers already, dont tell me, theres not one with day time on it mate :)

Search and you shall find it.

This is only a problem, if you stick to a "local" server, which follows your daily cycle tbh. Try a server somewhere else in the world :)

Edited by Byrgesen

I like that I can't play in the day because the game represents real time yet an hour after I'm full I am close to death. Makes sense.

Sounds like another person is only eating/drinking until the messages go away.  If your energy is truly full (20,000 instead of the 600 when you stop getting messages) you can be constantly running for 22 hours in-game time and not die of hunger or not moving for 83 hours.  Yes it's not the exact starvation times IRL, but it's definitely not 1 hour.

More on topic, there are daytime servers, you just have to find them.  I wouldn't count out the nighttime though, it does have its advantages.

Sounds like another person is only eating/drinking until the messages go away.  If your energy is truly full (20,000 instead of the 600 when you stop getting messages) you can be constantly running for 22 hours in-game time and not die of hunger or not moving for 83 hours.  Yes it's not the exact starvation times IRL, but it's definitely not 1 hour.

More on topic, there are daytime servers, you just have to find them.  I wouldn't count out the nighttime though, it does have its advantages.

Lol no. Just no. I actually mean full. Healthy notification. Hunger in 1 hour. Thirst in 2. No running just camping. Running actually prolongs it to about 3 hours but definitely not 22.

I somehow tike the feeling of all servers being set at the same time, gives a feeling of unity.

In future, with a campfire, in a more or less safe camp, barbed wire, bear traps,  night time will also be much fun.

Edited by taxi driver

Lol no. Just no. I actually mean full. Healthy notification. Hunger in 1 hour. Thirst in 2. No running just camping. Running actually prolongs it to about 3 hours but definitely not 22.

You sure about this? When I'm healthy, I play for a LONG time without the need for food. Unless they dramatically changed this in the new patch, that is.

I kinda like this new feature, tho I hope they'll make nights brighter, as atm it's pitch black in middle of night, and that's under clear sky with moon and lots of stars.

You sure about this? When I'm healthy, I play for a LONG time without the need for food. Unless they dramatically changed this in the new patch, that is.

Yea but it might just be my bad luck. I run hardcore around the map. The longest I've gone without eating was 5 hours but it went from no messages to red to unconscious by the time I got the beans open. Sucked. I haven't seen much consistency with the food/water with my clan it's varies among us.

Uhm, theres a couple thousand servers already, dont tell me, theres not one with day time on it mate :)

Search and you shall find it.

This is only a problem, if you stick to a "local" server, which follows your daily cycle tbh. Try a server somewhere else in the world :)

Except players want to play on the servers with the best ping, and those servers are going to be local. They need to change the timescale of the game so that the day/night cycle is faster. That way I can play on a local server and it still be possible to play at daylight without having to play on a 24/7 daylight server. I still want to play at night time and would love to see a full sunset to sunrise during a single play session.

Full DayZ day cycle should be represented in 4 real hours. This way you can choose whenever you want to play and also experience all times of the day in one long sitting.

• Like 2

I like Awruk's idea... although some kind of moonlight would be great. Very rarely do i see a working street lamp (though that's kinda expected in a post-apocalyptic world).

Edited by w0lf3x

Except players want to play on the servers with the best ping, and those servers are going to be local. They need to change the timescale of the game so that the day/night cycle is faster. That way I can play on a local server and it still be possible to play at daylight without having to play on a 24/7 daylight server. I still want to play at night time and would love to see a full sunset to sunrise during a single play session.

Look, ive got a crappy ass connection here ( 2/2 mb/s ) and i can still play on servers, with a different timezone, without getting lag or desync. You dont need the best ping to play this game, just need to keep it below 150 really.
I guess im just to much in love with the idea of realtime ingame, to ever want it actually changed.

Full DayZ day cycle should be represented in 4 real hours. This way you can choose whenever you want to play and also experience all times of the day in one long sitting.

​I do see both you're points though, i just dont agree .)

Healthy means full of life, not full of energy. If you're full of energy you could run hours, as it's said above.

Full of energy would e.g. need you to eat about 45 cans of beans, which takes a bit of time, because your "stomach place" is limited and it takes about 5 minutes to digest it. So roughly 45 minutes of eating canned beans.

Edited by generelleasy

Healthy means full of life, not full of energy. If you're full of energy you could run hours, as it's said above.

Full of energy would e.g. need you to eat about 45 cans of beans, which takes a bit of time, because your "stomach place" is limited and it takes about 5 minutes to digest it. So roughly 45 minutes of eating canned beans.

That sounds about right. I went binge eating when I killed a guy who had nothing but beans, and some cereal. I was told what you said by mates when we went camping on our 8 hour overwatch runs. I wouldn't have said what I said if it didn't work for me. I will try it again but I always eat my stores I rarely save and all I know is I've never had any sort of realistic period of not having to eat. It has to vary based on character too. The one I got a few hours ago after my week old one dying in balota this morning hasn't had to eat or drink yet. I've made it from three valleys to nw then to ne without any messages so far which is pretty impressive. I'm going to see how long I can go maybe it got fixed for me.

Okay maybe it varies, i have never had this problem before, so i thought it yould generally be the case that i have mentioned above ;)

Okay maybe it varies, i have never had this problem before, so i thought it yould generally be the case that i have mentioned above ;)

It isn't really a problem lol just thought it was funny that they can have realism with time but not with food. But yes I'll definitely give it another go this time round to see what I can replicate what you were saying. I'd love to find the sweet spot like you were saying. I'm screwed though if I ever want to make that happen since the new patch. The server I was on was so bare it was unbelievable. I found one can of spaghetti my whole trek today. I mean it literally. I didn't know a patch could cause so many people to take literally everything.