Deathlove

Since You Guys Cry About American Weapons In Russia....

What about the Sig Sauer 556? I forgot all about that weapon. Its a really nice one too. Would you guys eventually like to see it make its way in? Maybe a not so common drop but still.

Heres some specs on the Sig Sauer 556 Russian http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=6090

Also Russian combat trench shovel http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mBHkNpALaXs6Tu8pPIXoItQ.jpg

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Bumped to see if anyone wants the 556 in game.

I wish they would include the Sig P226 - it's a fairly common full-size duty pistol used by police forces and military around the world.

Picked up a MK25 over the holidays, damn fine pistol.  Also used to own a P226 in .40 for several years.  Sigs cost a lot but have a solid rep for reliability and longevity.

If they did include the Sig 556 rifle, it would have to be modeled to be a cut above the M4, in terms of overall reliabilty/accuracy.

Edited by DoxHoliday
  • Like 1

I wish they would include the Sig P226 - it's a fairly common full-size duty pistol used by police forces and military around the world.

Picked up a MK25 over the holidays, damn fine pistol.  Also used to own a P226 in .40 for several years.  Sigs cost a lot but have a solid rep for reliability and longevity.

If they did include the Sig 556 rifle, it would have to be modeled to be a cut above the M4, in terms of overall reliabilty/accuracy.

How about that Russian trench shovel? I could see it being a better melee weapon than the shovel. Drops in military areas and can be fairly rare.

I don't think it's a good idea.  People have offered explanations for why there are American weapons in the game already.  For one, we supplied the Georgians with thousands of M4 Carbines, which the Russians captured and destroyed during the South Ossetia Conflict, so we have been trading them with East Europe for quite some time.  The Russians even captured some American Humvees and used them.  

Second, it could be from relief efforts that fell through.  NATO forces could have been in the area to quarantine things or for similar reasons and just were overtaken and left.  Green Mountain was a military checkpoint with body pits and abandoned outposts. It could just be that NATO got involved.

Besides that, the SIG rifle isn't that great of an idea.  It's just a SIG 550 in 7.62x39 and it just doesn't belong in the area.  It's like having an AR-15 in 7.62x39 there, it doesn't make sense.  Seeing how it's modeled on some Czech area, there should be Vz.58s, Cz,52s, Vz.52s, Cz.83s, etc.  Of course in addition to the regular combloc stuff like the SKS and AKM.  

I don't think it's a good idea.  People have offered explanations for why there are American weapons in the game already.  For one, we supplied the Georgians with thousands of M4 Carbines, which the Russians captured and destroyed during the South Ossetia Conflict, so we have been trading them with East Europe for quite some time.  The Russians even captured some American Humvees and used them.  

Second, it could be from relief efforts that fell through.  NATO forces could have been in the area to quarantine things or for similar reasons and just were overtaken and left.  Green Mountain was a military checkpoint with body pits and abandoned outposts. It could just be that NATO got involved.

Besides that, the SIG rifle isn't that great of an idea.  It's just a SIG 550 in 7.62x39 and it just doesn't belong in the area.  It's like having an AR-15 in 7.62x39 there, it doesn't make sense.  Seeing how it's modeled on some Czech area, there should be Vz.58s, Cz,52s, Vz.52s, Cz.83s, etc.  Of course in addition to the regular combloc stuff like the SKS and AKM.  

The sig makes a great sound when fired though its pretty damn cool.

Also i agree with the American guns. To be honest i dont really care since im American but ppl raise allot of hell about the game having american weapons in a Russian area. Ak is coming though we all know this but a sig could be a rare high end weapon found ever so often even some of the pistol models.

Edited by Deathlove

Ive been trolling the forms for weeks. I have yet to see anyone 'cry' about American weapons....... Your basically like faux news up in here, creating a crysis and fanning the flames so you can feel important.

That aside i have a sig, and I love the hell out of it.

VZ 58 as well. Ex-Soviet and very popular with civilians because its a tighter, more accurate version of the AK and is available in places you can't get AKs (like here in Canada.)

As a sig 556 swat owner I approve of this message! Nothing like a piston driven AR platformer. It's one of the best guns I own and I own way to many guns!

Ive been trolling the forms for weeks. I have yet to see anyone 'cry' about American weapons....... Your basically like faux news up in here, creating a crysis and fanning the flames so you can feel important.

That aside i have a sig, and I love the hell out of it.

Iv seen quite a few ppl complain about them in weapons topics. So you really just have to look lol.

But yes a 556 would be a nice rare find.

Edited by Deathlove

I had wished for 99% Eastern Block firearms for the sake of geographical accuracy, but at the end of the day as long as it shoots straight and makes rather large holes I'll be happy.

Red

• Like 1

VZ 58 as well. Ex-Soviet and very popular with civilians because its a tighter, more accurate version of the AK and is available in places you can't get AKs (like here in Canada.)

I just took a look at the weapon. Its pretty damn nice and seems to come in quite an array of different skin colors.

I had wished for 99% Eastern Block firearms for the sake of geographical accuracy, but at the end of the day as long as it shoots straight and makes rather large holes I'll be happy.

Red

Russian combat trench shovels should be something you find in military spots though wouldnt you agree? There quite lethal melee from what iv seen on videos. You can throw them like axes to.

This is a hybrid of the shovel but you get the picture. 

Edited by Deathlove

Meh, vanity gun. Granted, it's a very useful vanity gun, quite a few S.W.A.T's like them.

Russian combat trench shovels should be something you find in military spots though wouldnt you agree? There quite lethal melee from what iv seen on videos. You can throw them like axes to.

This is a hybrid of the shovel but you get the picture. 

"Special Forces Throwing Shove" Who the fuck thinks that if you throw "Special Forces" on it someone will care? there are no "Throwing Shovels" being used in RL nor does SF care to use one.

"Special Forces Throwing Shove" Who the fuck thinks that if you throw "Special Forces" on it someone will care? there are no "Throwing Shovels" being used in RL nor does SF care to use one.

Its sharp enough to cleave through wood than its sharp enough to cleave through a skull. They were just showing what it could do. But the actual shovel has been known to cut flesh. But im sure if it were a zombie apocalypse youd be using whatever the hell you could to survive. Shovel to tiny crap like a fork or a knife.

Also that video demonstration was a hybrid created from the same mold as the original combat shovel. It wasnt the exact same shovel.

Edited by Deathlove

Yes, yes, you speak the truth dear Sir! Give me my Vz.58 and I'd be happy. Plus ofcourse AK's , SKS, AN-94 and all the usual Russian goodies that needs to be put in DayZ SA.

skip to 0:50 to see how this chick handles her vz58, it's easy and it's sexy :-D. That alone is reason enough to have it in game hehe.

Edited by Hombre

Realistically, I'd love to see some backstory on the land of Chernarus. Maybe not something historical, but something interesting. Something where Czechs and Americans are at each other's throat, one side uses some chemical warfare and it backfires, thus the apocolypse. At least then we'll have a reason for American weapons being on the island. It might make for some amazing expansion on story, world design (american carriers, maybe a crashed plane or two) and would ultimately give the game a 'purpose'. 

Although I do enjoy the totally lost feeling of waking up on the coast of Chernarus. Which would be better? 

I'll think about it while I join random servers hoping to spawn in as Chubaca in Elektro.

Edited by Tsynful

Just give me my damn AK's!

I only want my old AKM back  :(

Seems like there is a lot of 15 year old high schoolers in this thread.

how about makarov pistol? :)

Edited by -GSPA-Fiwer