Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyGat (DayZ)

What's with the forced server time?

I hate to complain as I honestly love this game, but if the new server change is going to force the time of day, can the time at least be set to the location of the server instead of GMT 0?

It's alienating all the westcoast players.

I'm sure it's only a temporary thing. If they were allowing 24/7 daylight I can't see them forcing a global timezone.

• Like 2

It was like that when it was launched as well. Do you remember the launch?

It was nighttime for everyone everywhere. That's just how it sometimes is, especially in Alpha.

I don't even think it was supposed to be like that, but now it is. It is bound to be changed eventually.

I'm sure it's only a temporary thing. If they were allowing 24/7 daylight I can't see them forcing a global timezone.

Why was it changed in the first place? Every server is completely dark right now, WestCoast cant play.

Why was it changed in the first place? Every server is completely dark right now, WestCoast cant play.

No idea, but I remember it was the same at launch.

So are server owners allowed to fix the issue right now?

I don't know and I don't know if they can. I'm just a moderator, no idea of the inner workings...

No idea, but I remember it was the same at launch.

Yeah, because I just said that! Filthy one you are - stealing my knowledge! :o

<3

Edited by kichilron

I don't know and I don't know if they can. I'm just a moderator, no idea of the inner workings...

Alright well thanks for posting so quickly. Hopefully some light gets shed on this issue in an announcement or something.