gamer222

Rocket answers to everyone who complains about 3D view

Nope

Short term solution would be to remove it outright until they can develop a way to fix looking over cover or walls.

Rockets just being a pansy and doesn't want to piss anyone off.

You're so cute sometimes.

everything is hardcore? I can sprint for miles, I can heal a bullet wound with nothing but a bandage, so hardcore.

A) You aren't sprinting very fast for very long (and won't be able to shoot for shit afterwards)

B) You're stopping blood loss, not healing

try again please

Edited by Dsi1

I think the division between hardcore and normal servers is just awesome. Selfish people will just keep complaining about everything, but the truth is, now people can play the way they want to without having to disagree with the way others do. This is huge!

Nope

Short term solution would be to remove it outright until they can develop a way to fix looking over cover or walls.

I don't understand why there is no much hate against 3PP.  People have the ability to go unseen when peeking, and you shouldn't have to reveal large portions of your body just to see what's going on.  Ever watch any war movies?  How many guys have you seen stand up in the middle of an open window to try and spot a potential sniper?  Or lean half of his body around a corner to check if a machine gun is watching the street?  I'll give you a hint, zero.  It's not like you can shoot while still around a corner or under a window, you need to be exposed to shoot.  Plus, it's not an exploit if EVERYONE can do it.  This isn't a snap reaction quick trigger shooter, it's slow and tactical... the idea is to stay alive.

A) You aren't sprinting very fast for very long (and won't be able to shoot for shit afterwards)

B) You're stopping blood loss, not healing

try again please

Go get shot in the chest, then put a bandage on see if that stops the internal bleeding.

try again please.

People who wants to change or remove 3pp are just hard headed... and if it's changed then what's the point of the first person then if you can do it same as in 3d person? I'm glad this case is closed so we can all enjoy this game not just one sided...

• Like 2

Hardcore, HERE WE COME!!!
I know for a fact i will never play on anything but that again, always hated 3rd person view in ALL of the Arma games, so this is a brilliant move tbh.

Enjoy the corner peeking, you filthy 3rd person view peasants !!!

• Like 2

Hardcore, HERE WE COME!!!

I know for a fact i will never play on anything but that again, always hated 3rd person view in ALL of the Arma games, so this is a brilliant move tbh.

Enjoy the corner peeking, you filthy 3rd person view peasants !!!

Not a good choice all it does is fragment the community but more importantly it encourages those who exploit this crutch and kills any sort of immersion.

FPV only across the board would have been a fantastic change one has to wonder wtf they are thinking by keeping tpv in its current state.

I have bad feelings about this. That kind of dev sponsored division of the community is never good. It was basically what killed off Red Orchestra 2.

Not a good choice all it does is fragment the community but more importantly it encourages those who exploit this crutch and kills any sort of immersion.

FPV only across the board would have been a fantastic change one has to wonder wtf they are thinking by keeping tpv in its current state.

Its either this or a constant influx of complaints about it.

Good move from the Dev team tbh.

It isnt as easy as simply removing 3rd person view, even though i really really hate that crap, but its been there for to long to simply remove it, something else has to be done.

This is a good start, and it will "calm the masses" for some time, perhaps so they cam come up with a better solution? Dunno.

And finally it gives us (the people who cant stand 3rd) a chance to get away from the corner peeking peasants :)

Im loving it tbh.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

When in first person I get nauseous, and stuck on doors/scenery. 3PP...no issues.

This is also a very valid reason, as to why it simply cant be removed like that.

We need both, but we need to divide it aswell, so people can do what ever they want, and be sure that others on the server, have the same "options" as them tbh.

Nope

There is really no way to fix over looking walls and covers from 3rd because due to the fact the camera/view has to be above the character or else you might as well not use 3rd person. I really don't see why 3PV is even an issue. Having the option opens the game up to more people and different styles of playing. Besides 1PV isn't even really accurate in any game. You are stuck with a 90 degree view. 

Edited by Deity

This is also a very valid reason, as to why it simply cant be removed like that.

We need both, but we need to divide it aswell, so people can do what ever they want, and be sure that others on the server, have the same "options" as them tbh.

The "nauseous" excuse is just that, an excuse. Most fps don't have 3rd person and you don't hear anyone complaining about such an issue.

The "been here too long to just remove" explanation is also puzzling. SA is a new game. It is not the mod, and as far as I am aware there are no clauses that the SA should just be a port of the mod. Anyway, with the current rate of sales, it won't take long before the number of new players who have never played the mod will exceed the number of mod-players, and make that argument even more spurious.

Besides 1PV isn't even really accurate in any game. You are stuck with a 90 degree view. 

Untrue. You can look over your shoulders (hence the problems with the mountain backpack).

Sounds like a lot of whiny little bitches love their exploits too much to me lol..... Besides, you might spot me first with your exploit without revealing yourself, but if we are out in the open, by the time you've pressed enter an swapped to 1st person mode i'll have shot you in the head... so let the little exploit lovers keep there 3rd person mode, i love hunting them....

• Like 2

The "nauseous" excuse is just that, an excuse. Most fps don't have 3rd person and you don't hear anyone complaining about such an issue.

The "been here too long to just remove" explanation is also puzzling. SA is a new game. It is not the mod, and as far as I am aware there are no clauses that the SA should just be a port of the mod. Anyway, with the current rate of sales, it won't take long before the number of new players who have never played the mod will exceed the number of mod-players, and make that argument even more spurious.

Ehm, ive played Arma for many years now mate, and i know for a fact that people have thrown up, because of this, ive witnessed it....

So an excuse? i think not :)

You have to understand, this is a continuation of the mod, Dean got the chance to make a game and do all the things he cant do in the mod, but its still the same concept and idea, as the mod, they are working from.

So yes its a perfectly valid argument, no matter how many people buy SA, without having played the mod, they are simply connected and will always be.

Untrue. You can look over your shoulders (hence the problems with the mountain backpack).

I don't think you understand what I mean by 90 degree view. I'm referring to your field of vision when you look straight on. Humans have around 180 degree of view in any direction they look. Looking over your shoulder doesn't have any place in this.

I don't think you understand what I mean by 90 degree view. I'm referring to your field of vision when you look straight on. Humans have around 180 degree of view in any direction they look. Looking over your shoulder doesn't have any place in this.

Agree, this is the most difficult thing, for any 1st person "shooter" to accomplish, simply because we have a flat screen and not a curved screen :)

Who knows, curved screen are coming into the market now, maybe they can change the way companies design 1st person view in games? Dunno :)

• Like 1

I don't understand why people are being so emotional, it's a good idea if you only play on 1PP server why do you give a fuck what the others are doing?

• Like 2

Ehm, ive played Arma for many years now mate, and i know for a fact that people have thrown up, because of this, ive witnessed it....

So an excuse? i think not :)

Sorry, but I am still not convinced by your anectdotal evidence that this is a problem on a scale serious enough to divide the community.

Anyway the people suffering from neurological issues serious enough to cause them to throw up when playing first person cannot consist of anything but a mere fraction of the general populace. Indeed I would generally advice against people with such conditions playing video games at all, they may experience other unexpected side effects like seizures and such. Why this particular game should cater for them to such an extreme extent is beyond me.

If the maximum FOV in the settings is really only 90, it shouldn't be a problem to extent that view somewhat. Going 360 degree FOV as the 3PP provides is just an absurd response to that issue.

Sorry, but I am still not convinced by your anectdotal evidence that this is a problem on a scale serious enough to divide the community.

Anyway the people suffering from neurological issues serious enough to cause them to throw up when playing first person cannot consist of anything but a mere fraction of the general populace. Indeed I would generally advice against people with such conditions playing video games at all, they may experience other unexpected side effects like seizures and such. Why this particular game should cater for them to such an extreme extent is beyond me.

So basicly you are saying "fuck minorities", because you dont beleive my "anecdote"?

Nice one..... jeez.

It has something to do with the RV engine and this has been a problem ever since the first Arma mate, its not new and its not a lie....
Go to the BI forums, search for this subject and you will see, its been an issue for a long time.

The engine have the capabality to remove this from the "mere fraction" of the users, so why not?

I want to add, ive been in a couple of milsim communities, in my Arma time, and theres always been 5-10 people with this issue, always....

EDIT:
See what you have done?
You have made this "true 3rd person view hater" defend 3rd person view lol, simply because you dont believe me....
Damn, i feel violated right now!

Edited by Byrgesen