Sign in to follow this  
un_poco_lobo

Can we talk about in-game VoIP and direct text not working?

So I know this is an issue a lot of people are having. However whenever this gets brought up it's treated like people just don't know how to work their own mics and settings. After talking to numerous people, I've found this isn't an isolated problem.

Ever since 1.4.6, direct channel, side channel, etc in-game VoIP has not been working. The microphone icon doesn't even pop up.

Ever since this morning (1.4.11), direct channel text hasn't been working either. Now a lot of people are forced to used side text to talk to someone right next to them.

So does anyone have any fixes yet, and if not and you are having these problems, please let it be known. Thanks!

VoIP still works, read the changelog, it explains what happened.

Press to Talk (PTT) has been disabled on All, Side, and Command channels. PTT is enabled on Direct, Group, and Vehicle channels.

You will need to bind a key to Direct Comms PTT to be able to talk over Direct. The same with Group and Vehicle. Since Caps Lock serves no purpose, just rebind it to your preferred channel of the 3 enabled. Space (the command button) doesn't serve a purpose either, so it's also good to assign a channel to that.

Credan, even with a key behind bind to Direct Chat PTT , all volume maxed up. IT DOESNT WORK ! Triplechecked with numerous people, everyone on global is confirming it's not working .

Haven't you heard people have become really silent since 1.4.3 ? Lips move but you can't hear people talking. I'm ASSURED 100% of that.

Also, I can still hear people in Side Channel over VoIP.

Yet, talking to people over direct is a no-go.

Both direct, and text. This needs to be fixed, as it makes telling friendlys from enemies that much harder. Ive done nothing but try to team up with people, but when we cant even talk to eachother, jesus.

I have no problems with direct comm as of yesterday.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Half the people are having no luck and the other half are saying "works for me, you must be doing something wrong."

What is going on here?

its bugged sometimes people don't hear anything and sometimes they do. Its to do with the mod I can confirm it. TS3, Steam VOIP, Arma2 ACE VOIP work all good.

Can we talk about in-game VoIP and direct text not working?

No...

...I mean, yes.

Connection issue is top priority right now, but in-game chat won't be far behind ;)

Still not working right, it works at some moment ,does not at others, right now it's killing the game, I don't go in town and meet people anymore because there is no communication and only shooting (especially if you're a bandit, people tend to see your outfit or red name on relaxed realism server and just shoot you down.)

bumping because, maybe its not a bug issue but an issue on our end. Until the devs fix it, I think we are left to fend for ourselves, anyone try getting a new headset or soemthing?

I think the issue is with selectPlayer

It is putting you in your new body, but not taking that into account sometimes for VOIP.

I have a possible workaround that I can do but its a bit messy :)

Yeah please, I'm tired of having to spend 20 minutes or so collecting steam names, and to get them all into a voice chat system thats already busted as it is. I'd rather use the voip in game.

Voip is really messed up atm.

In some servers DC works, in some it doesnt. For some it does, for some it doesnt. No matter if u use PTT or not. So far the 99 slot server allowed PTT and Voice over net to work normally. The side chat was not spammed at all in that one :D

In some Side voice works for some, for others it stutters and echoes.

This is must be the next thing to fix. It is really making the gameplay difficult for PvP.

So whats the factor allowing some servers to work, and some to not? At one point it WAS working with the mod, what changed between now and then that involved the actual VOIP system. (Im not really familiar with coding, but yeah)

Here's hoping you can fix it rocket! Direct Comms works fine in other servers (non-DayZ), so it doesn't seem to be an ArmA 2 problem.