Sign in to follow this  
mzltv

Rocket doing Ask Me Anything on Reddit

yeah i just twittered him to see if he would do one here as alot dont go on reddit or want to go on reddit.

Reddit is probably the better format for this kind of thing to be honest dgeesio.

Not to mention Dean has always made clear that he prefers the format of Reddit to that of a forum.

yeah i just twittered him to see if he would do one here as alot dont go on reddit or want to go on reddit.

One says " I tweeted him". But hey you made me smile with "twittered" :D

I am Dean "Rocket" Hall, Creator of DayZ and submitter of Mount Everest, AMA!

Edit: Dammit. I spelt the title wrong, that should say "I summitted Mount Everest" not that weird typo/grammar thing I did.

I love how normal he comes across, hope he doesn't change. 

Edited by Victus Mortuus

Really difficult to filter out any useful information as it is mostly fan cruft/reddit junk. This is the only couple of questions that seems slightly of interest regarding the game:

Hi Rocket, thanks for the AMA.

Have you considered putting something into the game that would take time teamwork and resources to achieve?

I was thinking of things such as getting a power station running, fortifying buildings, Clearing a disused mine shaft etc. I don't expect these would be the best examples of what I'm trying to suggest, just some examples to give an idea.

Keep up the great work.

[–]rocket2guns[S] 151 point

1 time  siden

Yes, this kind of endgame stuff is quite key to what we want to do. However, in order to do this we have to perfect the architecture which is what we are doing now. Certainly I think underground bases and advanced vehicles will allow some of this really exciting and "eve" style play.

Hey Dean!

There have been some leaked pictures of 3d models for DayZ SA, are these legit? Can you confirm that?

Also, if they are legit are these things coming soon or will they be spread over time, since the shotgun is coming very soon. How far ahead are some of these models? weeks or months?

[–]rocket2guns[S] 2 point

50 sekunder  siden

Probably. If it is the same untextured one I saw, yes. It was taken from the data files, not hard to do with dePBO. They will be in soon anyway :) Weeks, max

Edited by BadAsh

This is my message:

Questions about possible features: (yes or no answer will suffice)

1. Cigarettes/drugs?
  2. Setting people on fire using jerry cans and matches?
  3. Shooting out of vehicles or mounting guns on vehicles?
  4. Cutting off limbs (dead or alive whatever)?
  5. Nudity/sex?
  6. Tying people to vehicles and dragging them like tin cans on a wedding day?

And honestly, this game is much more fun without zombies. Let's face it, it's a PvP survival game camouflaged as a zombie game.

Forgot to ask about the poo but since he confirmed untextured models are going into the game I think that means poo is in.

Edited by Awruk

^ I hope that last one was a joke jeez...

Durr, are you done with zombie equality studies up there in scandinavia? "ZOMBINISM IS NORMAL!"

All questions that they asked Rocket were bullcrap...

What would you have asked? There were a ton of great questions that he answered. Maybe take some more time to read through the "bullcrap" to find the stuff that interests you?

Sure, there were a lot of goofy questions and personal stuff, but it's called ask me anything, not ask me about my job.

If you were him, don't you think you would welcome the chance to talk about stuff besides DayZ for a bit?

• Like 1