Sign in to follow this  
Zedicologist

Weapon cleaning kit?

So i was looking through these patch notes on this website.  These aren't on the official Dayz forum announcements but usually a pretty reliable source. 

Anyways it says added a weapon cleaning kit for keeping weapons in good shape.  As in real life you need to clean the barrel after firing to prevent rust forming caused by powder residue left inside the barrel.  If not the rust could mess up the rifling and what not.  

But since we can now see and determine the condition of the weapon with this new patch.  Does that mean we can repair the condition of the weapon to bring it back to a more reliable state? unless the weapon is in ruined condition.

If that is the case, that means weapon condition will deteriorate over time with use.  Ive speculated that this would be implemented but never had any concrete facts of the matter.  

Anyone have any information on this topic plz post.

http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/dayz-patch-notes-jan-21st

• Like 2

make a topic complaining about state of game? Fine

make a topic complaining about too many topics that complain about state of game? FINE

Make a topic complaining about Cloggers, hoppers, or ghosters? FINE

make a topic complaining about KoS, or implementing KoS punishment mechanics? FINE

make a topic that is useful in nature, by making useful, well thought suggestions or bringing to light previously unknown information? Get trolled.

Make a troll topic? Priceless.

• Like 6

make a topic complaining about too many topics that complain about state of game? FINE

make a topic complaining about KoS, or implementing KoS punishment mechanics? FINE

make a topic that is useful in nature, by making useful, well thought suggestions or bringing to light previously unknown information? Get trolled.

Moderator removes troll posts? Magic dies....

*cries into beer*

*admits he is only drinking mountain dew... resumes crying*

• Like 1

Sad but true lol

Moderator removes troll posts? Magic dies....

*cries into beer*

*admits he is only drinking mountain dew... resumes crying*

Ronin, you just reminded me in an obscure way that I still have a bottle of Jack Daniels "Winter Jack" that I haven't touched in a while!

I had just been thinking that I would like a drink, too...

Thank you!

*goes to heat up a glass of JD Winter Jack...

*strokes existing beard*

Shit, I need to shave, this looks terrible...

real men have beards!

unless you got one of those splotchy redneck beards that is and do the obligatory grooming!

anyway back to topic

*strokes existing beard*

Very interesting!

Edited by Happy-

Ronin, you just reminded me in an obscure way that I still have a bottle of Jack Daniels "Winter Jack" that I haven't touched in a while!

I had just been thinking that I would like a drink, too...

Thank you!

*goes to heat up a glass of JD Winter Jack...

Crippling depression from glitching through walls and falling to your death too, huh?

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130924050516/warframe/images/5/5f/I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

I'd imagine that once the damage is done it's irrepairable. Simply cleaning a weapon would not make a damaged weapon only worn, it would prevent it from deteriorating in the first place though.

• Like 3

Crippling depression from glitching through walls and falling to your death too, huh?

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130924050516/warframe/images/5/5f/I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

nope. crippling depression from being alive for several days, and not seeing a single soul even on hi pops. I want to do something, but cant find anyone to do it with (or to, as the case may be).

I want to die and start again, but I seek an honorable death. Suicide is forbidden!

There are changelogs on the forum u dummy in the announcemnets and information its the top one, experimental build 30.14500 or something.

There are changelogs on the forum u dummy in the announcemnets and information its the top one, experimental build 30.14500 or something.

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

• Like 2

Anyone seen a cleaning kit or the new sodas?

Nope but have gotten a painted mosin and a sawed off though.  Everything seems to be looted, got super lucky finding that stuff.

i would only imagine that cleaning your firearm would only help in ways to make it more raliable but not fix it properly. The M4 can function without cleaning for a long time, the AK47 and the Mosin Nagant for even longer. However should this be implemented then i would only recommend the cleaning for the Nagant and the AK's due to the non chromed barrels and corrosive ammo used.

So i was looking through these patch notes on this website.  These aren't on the official Dayz forum announcements but usually a pretty reliable source. 

Anyways it says added a weapon cleaning kit for keeping weapons in good shape.  As in real life you need to clean the barrel after firing to prevent rust forming caused by powder residue left inside the barrel.  If not the rust could mess up the rifling and what not.  

But since we can now see and determine the condition of the weapon with this new patch.  Does that mean we can repair the condition of the weapon to bring it back to a more reliable state? unless the weapon is in ruined condition.

If that is the case, that means weapon condition will deteriorate over time with use.  Ive speculated that this would be implemented but never had any concrete facts of the matter.  

Anyone have any information on this topic plz post.

http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/dayz-patch-notes-jan-21st

I hope that the weapon at best can just be kept at worn, since no matter how well you take care of something it will wear and tear from general use, and all maintenance does is extend the life of whatever. 

I'd imagine that once the damage is done it's irrepairable. Simply cleaning a weapon would not make a damaged weapon only worn, it would prevent it from deteriorating in the first place though.

This is the way it should work tbh.

You should not be able to improve the quality of a weapon by simply cleaning it, with a small kit, outdoors in Chernarus ;)

Start cleaning it from the beginning and it should take alot longer before it starts to break down though, spot on Mos1ey.

Although it should still break ofc, just take longer time.

Edited by Byrgesen

Found one this morning, still have it in my possession, not tried it tho, just inspected it. it doesnt open up like a med kit to reveal any cleaning equipment.

Edit: made my magnum and FNX go from damaged to worn after cleaning

Edited by Von_Carnage

ok so the Dayz Forum Member says it most likely will keep your guns from getting worn but wont actually improve the qaulity of the gun but then someone tested it and it actually did improve the qaulity of the gun.. Which is it and how do we find out exactly what it does???

ok so the Dayz Forum Member says it most likely will keep your guns from getting worn but wont actually improve the qaulity of the gun but then someone tested it and it actually did improve the qaulity of the gun.. Which is it and how do we find out exactly what it does???

Tried cleaning both guns multiple time and they are still at worn (from damaged) 

Could it be like drinking from a well.. click until your stomach is full or keep cleaning until the gun goes pristine ?

I used weapon cleaning kit on Pristine Mosin and it became Worn. :huh: Hmm. I don't really know is that good or bad? IRL worn weapon more reliable than new, but what about the game rules? :|

Edited by Zyryanoff