Impractical for zeds? Name another weapon that gives you the greatest chance of getting away when the muzzle report draws the attention of zombies? There's hundreds of reasons why they are useful in this game but I'll give you just one...

Sitting on a hill over a town, helping your buddies get in to get gear while you pick off zombies in their path. Only thing that would make that better would be a silencer on them.

Impractical for zeds? Name another weapon that gives you the greatest chance of getting away when the muzzle report draws the attention of zombies? There's hundreds of reasons why they are useful in this game but I'll give you just one...

Sitting on a hill over a town' date=' helping your buddies get in to get gear while you pick off zombies in their path. Only thing that would make that better would be a silencer on them.

[/quote']

Exactly this. A silenced sniper would be awesome to use. You'd be able to silently take zombies out that are in your friends' way.

I agree to an extent. They obviate any zombie threat because you can be so far from the spawn, they allow PK with minimal threat of detection or retaliation. It would be a more interesting zombie game if the weapons were more basic.

But they make PK people cream their panties, so don't expect much support.

this isnt COD this is a survival simulator sniper rifles would be the most ideal weapon. So people camp theres other places to find the same gear more inland. qq more about how u cant learn from your own mistakes

I agree to an extent. They obviate any zombie threat because you can be so far from the spawn' date=' they allow PK with minimal threat of detection or retaliation. It would be a more interesting zombie game if the weapons were more basic.

But they make PK people cream their panties, so don't expect much support.

[/quote']

I'm not even a bandit and I want a SVD because I love sniper rifles, and covering my mates while they raid places is what I do best.

So, no, don't remove sniper rifles.

Yeahhhh everyone in my group rolls with a long distance weapon of some sort solely to provide long range protection. Take looting Stary, for example. Two people stay in overwatch on the hillside (one of the three) or that big red barn (not the best idea, but ok in a pinch) with a DMR and a Rangefinder/m4 combo, the other 2 search the town/tents with silenced weapons. It's not about killing players from long distance for fun, it's about providing situational support and long range cover.

Ok, and it's a little bit about killing players from long distance for fun too. That's why we all have snipers - not because some people want to sneak through an awful city/bunch of tents, but because we all want to take turns sitting in overwatch instead.

Sniper rifles are great for teamplay, not just for your camp routine on the airfields. Me and my friend were doing this in story, he was looting the tents i was providing cover from the NW hill, i looked around for other players and zeds nearby, i didn't shot a single bullet but i had a great time anyway.

impractical for PVP...only serve bandits shooting players

I don't think you know what PvP means. The CZ550 drop rate was already nerfed. Sniper rifles are fine, go cry elsewhere.

Sitting on a hill over a town' date=' helping your buddies get in to get gear while you pick off zombies in their path. Only thing that would make that better would be a silencer on them.

[/quote']

Exactly this. A silenced sniper would be awesome to use. You'd be able to silently take zombies out that are in your friends' way.

Yea but then you would have bandits with silence rifles. I like to hunt down these killer snipers and noise makes that possible.

I'm not even a bandit and I want a SVD because I love sniper rifles' date=' and covering my mates while they raid places is what I do best.

So, no, don't remove sniper rifles.

[/quote']

Yeah!

I always watch out for bandits, when my mates are raiding NW Airfield.

A silenced sniper rifle is borderline oxymoronic. Sub-sonic rounds don't travel all that far.

I use a "silencer" for my 30-06 hunting rifle irl. Since its allowed for the public it wont remove the sound completely but i greatly dampens it! I can see uses for these kind of dampeners in this game. Like a CZ with a dampener on, reducing the sound to medium.

The lack of silenced on sniper rifles is a good balancing tool. It means you have to choose your position carefully. When I over watch my mates when they are doing a looting run its really hard to get a good position.

A silenced sniper rifle would be even more annoying when griefers get hold of them.

[sarcasm on]

OH YES WE NEED SILENCER FORS SNIPERS. THIS GON BE SO MUCH FUN.

[/sarcasm off]

Damn, what the frick is wrong with you guys...?

Sigh.

IF there was dampered snipers the majority of players will likely play a sniper until this game has about 80% snipers. This will end up the game in absolutely no movement anymore as that 80% will do nothing else but camp and snipe. Snipers will become near to undetectable with dampers while killing players that don't have a sniper. This would be the MOST BORING GAME EVER.

My suggestion:

Reduce amount of sniper rifles, heavily decrease their spawnrate so its much harder to get them. They're already annoying you right now, once you leave South Coast heading north.

I guess OP maybe was in a rage after getting killed by a sniper, too. I do not wish to get rid of the snipers totally but it would be nice to see less of them.

snipers impractical for pVP ??

What ? what did i just read?

"hanging myself cause this world is full of logic"

Here's a suggestion for you: STOP MAKING SUGGESTIONS.