taxi driver

My magnum just makes *klick* - doesnt shoot.

Yes, it`s fully loaded. Are "ruined" bullets the reason? And if i combine "pristine" bullets with "ruined" ones, are they all gonne be ruined?

the `45 worked with all kinds of ammo.

Or is there something else i missed?

I wouln't use ruined bullets. It didn't used to matter but it might now. Also, the gun may be broken. If you picked it up off a dead body it's a good possibility.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the magnum, but I know on the FX there is no "Pristine", "Damaged", "Badly Damaged" or "Ruined" display. However, the gun still has effects. Example, if the pistol is "Ruined" it wont fire. Tested the same magazine in different weapons and discovered this.

If you split the ruined bullets down you end up with 1 ruined and the rest pristine, chuck the ruined one and then combine the pristine ones, et voila.

Ruined

Ruined

Ruined.

Edited by Boonie
  • Like 1

yeah I had the same thing happen with a fnx45 the other day. I guess when you mouse over the item in your inventroy it does not tell you the status on guns yet. I take it that they are damaged?

I picked up another and used the same mag and it worked like a charm.

(It actually got my buddy killed as we rolled up on some guys and I had my pistol out. As soon as he took some shots at him I took aim and attempted to return fire... all I got was click, click, click. Had to quickly switch to the mosen but by that time it was too late. My buddy had been taken out.

Moral of the story: I now test fire all my weapons the first chance I get.

• Like 2

I wouln't use ruined bullets. It didn't used to matter but it might now. Also, the gun may be broken. If you picked it up off a dead body it's a good possibility.

Yes it was from a dead body, do you also know what happens when i combine "ruined" with lets say "worn" or "damaged" bullets. Do they all get the same status? I just got tons of ruined atm. (should have kept my FX., but i love the .357 Python, preferably in black...)

EDIT:ok i`ll try what boonie said, thanks

Edited by taxi driver

Happens to me, sometimes it happens when i eject the rounds from the magnum to reload, then it doesn't fire after. Usually happens with ruined bullets

Rule of thumb if you get the pistol off a dead body, better not count on it working.

Rule of thumb if you get the pistol off a dead body, better not count on it working.

+1    

at least test it before blazing into the firehouse, happy that you sneaked up on two armed guys, aiming down the sites, pulling the trigger.... only to hear "click", "click"..   You are dead! 

yeah I had the same thing happen with a fnx45 the other day. I guess when you mouse over the item in your inventroy it does not tell you the status on guns yet. I take it that they are damaged?

I picked up another and used the same mag and it worked like a charm.

(It actually got my buddy killed as we rolled up on some guys and I had my pistol out. As soon as he took some shots at him I took aim and attempted to return fire... all I got was click, click, click. Had to quickly switch to the mosen but by that time it was too late. My buddy had been taken out.

Moral of the story: I now test fire all my weapons the first chance I get.

Cheers for that as I've switched from using the M4 to a Mosin and a magnum - will test it out.

good news is that in the experimental build they've added the condition for weapons so we actually know if they're broke now!

That's a damn good point. *Makes mental note*: Next time you find a gun, make sure it works before pulling it on someone.

ruined bullets work currently -- the gun was broken.

i've had it happen a couple of times after firefights with both the python and the fnx45.

The weapon is ruined. It is a great booby trap to leave for others if you find a ruined one. Leave it in high traffic areas and it fails the moment they need it the most.