Sign in to follow this  
chaossound

Growing number of banning servers/private servers.

There's an ever growing number of private/ban on sight servers that admins are putting up. Previously in the mod there used to be a dedicated modstaff that this could be reported to now the only option is reporting it to the gsp themselves which most people won't do because let's face it they are too lazy. But many many peoples used to put up a quick thread on the forum with the server name and or IP and the mods in charge of that would handle it. I would like to suggest we start that back up. I have no problems myself putting the time in as i'm willing to volunteer to do it. I frequently check the server browser to Email the GSPs the name and IP of the servers breaching contract. But it would be easiyer if everyone just posted in a forum section. Please bring this back so we can get rid of all these cheaters.

There's a server out there I've seen. I log in from north east coast usa. It has a name with "server set up. Join and get auto-kicked". And it does just that when you try to join. WTF is that about? It's been around for about a week now but doesn't seem to be up 24/7.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Report them. Rules and reporting guidelines here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Until there are actual private hives, it's against the rules ... and, more importantly, a totally dick move.

What I've been doing but i'de like to see a dedicated group of people doing this with a proper forum section like we used to have on the mod.

What I've been doing but i'de like to see a dedicated group of people doing this with a proper forum section like we used to have on the mod.

Sorry man, I should have quoted - I was responding to the second post. I hear what you're saying.

It doesn't really say they can't do it of course its a dick move,Its basically a bastardized whitelist. But they are renting the server let them do what they want, just go to a different server, most servers that do that say they do on the server name so I just avoid them.

• Like 1

It doesn't really say they can't do it of course its a dick move,Its basically a bastardized whitelist. But they are renting the server let them do what they want, just go to a different server, most servers that do that say they do on the server name so I just avoid them.

Let them do what they want? I hope your kidding. That's one way to end this game's advancement.

Just because you paid for a car doesn't give you the right to ram people with it.

• Like 2

It doesn't really say they can't do it

Yes, it very specifically does say that in the server hosting rules.

But they are renting the server let them do what they want

Like when I pay for a cab and then it's okay for me to assault the cab driver and steal his wallet because "Hey, I paid for it."

Money doesn't make the rules go away.

The list says

You may NOT change your servers slots
You may NOT password your server
Your server must contain the version number and whether it is 3PP:ON or OFF i.e. "DayZ UK 5-xx (Public/3PP:OFF) 113925 - Hosted by GamingDeluxe.co.uk"

Your server must NOT have a NO KILL policy

Is that not the whole list, it just says that you may not password it you may not change the server slots and you have to clearly identify the version number and other things like 3pp off and you cannot have a no pvp kill policy. I was just meant if its not in the rules and they are renting it who are they harming if you ignore them and play on a different server, there are not that many of them the last time I checked but I guess it has gotten worse. I really did not think it was in the rules it still does not seem like it. I would not condone ramming people because it generally against the rules in a civil society as well as mugging a cab driver as well as the fact that they are wrong. I never said I agreed with the people that do it and I said it was wrong, like I said I read it and it did not seem like a rule.

The list says

Your server must contain the version number and whether it is 3PP:ON or OFF i.e. "DayZ UK 5-xx (Public/3PP:OFF) 113925 - Hosted by GamingDeluxe.co.uk"

Is that not the whole list, it just says that you may not password it you may not change the server slots and you have to clearly identify the version number and other things like 3pp off and you cannot have a no pvp kill policy. I was just meant if its not in the rules and they are renting it who are they harming if you ignore them and play on a different server, there are not that many of them the last time I checked but I guess it has gotten worse. I really did not think it was in the rules it still does not seem like it. I would not condone ramming people because it generally against the rules in a civil society as well as mugging a cab driver as well as the fact that they are wrong. I never said I agreed with the people that do it and I said it was wrong, like I said I read it and it did not seem like a rule.

It doesn't hurt anyone you say? How about being able to loot up full military loot with 7 of your friends and then going to spawns or farming spots and killing people who go there without any sort of having to worry about their gear? If that's the case hey why don't we give everyone the ability to spawn gear weither they use the ability or not doesn't hurt anyone right?

• Like 1

The list says

Seriously ? Someone rents a server and that gives him the right to kick and ban whoever he wants ?

I guess because the devs have a vision for what the game is, and they don't want people to turn it into something else before it is even finished.

I think it also has to do with the idea that everyone should be allowed to play on the servers, that they aren't exclusive clubs.

Well, if they decide not to honour a deal they have agreed to, I think it is entirely fair.

When you rent a server you promise to abide by the rules, not doing it is dishonest.

That wraps it up. You are NOT permitted to pull shit like that on the server you are renting. You cannot make friends only server. But I get it, you're just one those people who accepts things as they come, someone puts himself above others and you're okay with that. 

Edited by chmielu1258

One I never said it was right you guys just seem to want to yell at me because you have been pissed off by people that did this so don't get pissy at me. I always said that I think that they are assholes but what I was saying was it was not in the rules. 

Seriously ? Someone rents a server and that gives him the right to kick and ban whoever he wants ?

Look if you rent a apartment and have a party and people come and you kick out the people you don't want in your apartment then yes you are allowed to kick them out. Now if the land lord said no kicking people you don't like out of public parties you throw in your rented apartment that would be "against the rules". I don't like that people do it, you don't like people who do it, I was just saying you can not doing anything about if if its not in the admin rules, because everyone was saying it was in the rules but I didn't see it.

It doesn't hurt anyone you say? How about being able to loot up full military loot with 7 of your friends and then going to spawns or farming spots and killing people who go there without any sort of having to worry about their gear? If that's the case hey why don't we give everyone the ability to spawn gear weither they use the ability or not doesn't hurt anyone right?

When did I say that it didn't hurt anyone I said you could ignore them. Reading your message do you mean people in a server like that could gear up alone and safe then go to a full server. If that is your argument that happens any way and those servers are not the cause its all the empty public servers you dont need a locked server to go in when there are a bunch at 0.

One I never said it was right you guys just seem to want to yell at me because you have been pissed off by people that did this so don't get pissy at me. I always said that I think that they are assholes but what I was saying was it was not in the rules. 

Look if you rent a apartment and have a party and people come and you kick out the people you don't want in your apartment then yes you are allowed to kick them out. Now if the land lord said no kicking people you don't like out of public parties you throw in your rented apartment that would be "against the rules". I don't like that people do it, you don't like people who do it, I was just saying you can not doing anything about if if its not in the admin rules, because everyone was saying it was in the rules but I didn't see it.

Wrong. 

And it's a piss poor example. When you rent a server you agree to allow anyone play on the server. 

Which is indicated by what I quoted 

I think it also has to do with the idea that everyone should be allowed to play on the servers, that they aren't exclusive clubs.

This was said by a DayZ Forum Team Member.

Which means you rent a server and you ARE NOT ALLOWED to enforce any of your own rules at least during current state of the game. You cannot make and exclusive server for you and your mates. YOU CAN'T do that.

In simple words, don't fucking ban/kick people unless they cheat or insult/harass other players. 

Which part of that is hard to understand ?

Do you think that while PVE servers are not allowed, they would allow private "keep out" servers?

Edited by chmielu1258

Once again that's just a quote from a forum member I had asked for someone to show me where it says in the actual rules. It says you may not have a no kill policy(pve only) it still says nothing about weather or not a admin is allowed to kick players. There are 5 rules on the server hosting rule page none of them say that.

Once again that's just a quote from a forum member I had asked for someone to show me where it says in the actual rules. It says you may not have a no kill policy(pve only) it still says nothing about weather or not a admin is allowed to kick players. There are 5 rules on the server hosting rule page none of them say that.

Well maybe because it obvious that you can't kick and ban players just because you want to. you don't own the server, just get a permission to run it for others.

Look my whole point was it was not a rule in the page the person had posted. I never said it shouldn't be a rule I just meant that since it is not a rule in the server hosting page there is currently nothing we can do but ignore them until they make it a official rule. Also the scenario that you say is piss poor explains my stance. If they are renting something and not breaking the rules then yes you can throw that person out if you dislike them(it does not mean your a good person to do so with no reason). But if its a actual rule then of course they are not aloud to do that. My one and only argument was that it was not a rule posted in the server hosting page, if it was I would 100% agree with you.

Ok lets put it this way, they don't allow passwords right ? Well than they don't allow you restricting access to your server right ? Which exactly same as banning people who you don't want on your server. Except it's easier to get away with it. 

If you consider the password the same thing then I will concede and agree with you I can see how that can be thought of as the same I just think it should be more clear because it can be easy to misinterpret on purpose or on accident.

Just Google "DayZ standalone server hosting rules."

Included:

No private hives.
No admin tools. (No revives, no reverts, nothing)
No kicking.
No banning.
No passwording.
No whitelisting.

There's an ever growing number of private/ban on sight servers that admins are putting up. Previously in the mod there used to be a dedicated modstaff that this could be reported to now the only option is reporting it to the gsp themselves which most people won't do because let's face it they are too lazy. But many many peoples used to put up a quick thread on the forum with the server name and or IP and the mods in charge of that would handle it. I would like to suggest we start that back up. I have no problems myself putting the time in as i'm willing to volunteer to do it. I frequently check the server browser to Email the GSPs the name and IP of the servers breaching contract. But it would be easiyer if everyone just posted in a forum section. Please bring this back so we can get rid of all these cheaters.

Report them as you find them to their top tier provider and move on. See here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/. Creating a forum thread would be irrelevant as these servers are shut down pretty quickly if they are enforcing these types of policies. It would only implicate false positive servers as all the providers are going to reuse the IPs.

The rules should be changed, then. People are paying for private servers, the owners are doing what they want, the TOS should be updated to allow them that right. Whitelisting, passwords, kicking, banning should be allowed. Some people prefer to play in a way that offers some protection from the endless stream of KOS bandits. There are plenty of other servers for people to play on without forcing server owners to operate the server they paid for in the way you prefer.

Its part of the Public Hive, the rules are reasonable.

I agree with the OP, a forum section or pinned thread would help.

Edited by Skyline-GTR

The rules should be changed, then. People are paying for private servers, the owners are doing what they want, the TOS should be updated to allow them that right. Whitelisting, passwords, kicking, banning should be allowed. Some people prefer to play in a way that offers some protection from the endless stream of KOS bandits. There are plenty of other servers for people to play on without forcing server owners to operate the server they paid for in the way you prefer.

No, the rules should not be changed. No one is paying for a private server, because they don't exist. When one rents a server, one agrees to abide by the rules. For every admin that simply wants to play free of the threat of KoS (where is the fun in that?), there are another ten who want to loot farm their server with their merry band of circle jerking clan mates, then join public servers where they have an advantage in gear.

Once private servers DO exist, separate from the main hives, then all is well and good for whitelisting and password protection.

No, the rules should not be changed. No one is paying for a private server, because they don't exist. When one rents a server, one agrees to abide by the rules. For every admin that simply wants to play free of the threat of KoS (where is the fun in that?), there are another ten who want to loot farm their server with their merry band of circle jerking clan mates, then join public servers where they have an advantage in gear.

Once private servers DO exist, separate from the main hives, then all is well and good for whitelisting and password protection.

In the meantime, considering plenty of players and server owners do exist who would rather play without KoS (and your personal preference does not invalidate that), I think server owners should be allowed to use the tools currently available to them to attempt to create a safer environment if they want, considering they pay to run the server and generally are already doing this anyway regardless of the rules. I don't think those particular rules should be enforced until private servers are available. They don't seem to be enforced anyway, I imagine the staff is more focused on game development as it should be.

"No, the rules should not be changed. No one is paying for a private server, because they don't exist. When one rents a server, one agrees to abide by the rules. For every admin that simply wants to play free of the threat of KoS (where is the fun in that?), there are another ten who want to loot farm their server with their merry band of circle jerking clan mates, then join public servers where they have an advantage in gear."