Sign in to follow this  
doctorbadsign

DayZ not working with Shadowplay?

I wanted to record a DayZ video the other day, however I was unable to do so because for some reason Shadowplay wouldn't let me. The screen went black for a few seconds after I pressed Alt+F9 and then the screen reappeared, however in the top left there was a green dot with a red line through it---which I presume means that there is some issue with recording DayZ using this software.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Add -winxp into launch parameters to force directx, shadowplay only works when a game uses direct x and not all do by default so you have to force it.

My shadow play experience.

Recorded a video with in game and mic audio set to record.

Result-garbage audio.

Recorded a video with in game audio only.

Result- in game chat sounds bad. Ocean sounds too loud.

After latest driver update I can not run shadow play if day z is already open. I get the same red line you do. I can enable it before starting day z and it works with the same results mentioned above.

DayZ = Alpha. Shadow Play = Beta.

I'm not holding my breath.

eVGA GTX 770 SC 4gb

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time, works perfect here tho .... crystal clear ingame and mic audio along w/ crystal clear video.

go into Documents/DayZ/DayZ.cfg, change the last entry to Windowed=1

Restart Shadowplay via GeForce Experience (turn it off, wait a few seconds, turn Shadowplay back on)

Launch game in windowed mode (depending on what resolution you run at, you may want to edit the window sizing in the .cfg as well)

When game is running, alt+enter to go full screen

Record as intended.

You will have to do this everytime you start the game (set it to Windowed=1) but you should be able to record without issue otherwise.

• Like 1

well upon switching to beta patch nothing works anymore as far as shadowplay lol .. gonna keep messin with it to see whats up, you using beta patch?

Edited by SaveMeJebus

well upon switching to beta patch nothing works anymore as far as shadowplay lol .. gonna keep messin with it to see whats up, you using beta patch?

Nope

My microphone is super ridiculously low whenever I record with shadowplay; anyone know a fix? I have microphone boosters in both sound blaster and control panel on maximum and it's still too low.

Search the forums here. I found a consistent working solution in these forums (someone linked to a gforce site)
Goto C:\Users\*your user name*\Documents\DayZ and edit the DayZ config file.

Find 
Windowed=0;

and change it to 

Windowed=1;
save the file.

Enable shadow play.

Run dayZ, it will open in windowed mode.
When at the main menu, press <alt>+<enter> to make DayZ full screen mode.
Shadow play should be working now. This works for me. I tried using shadow play like before and it wasn't working (my original comment was no longer true). But this got it going again. I want to see how the mic+game audio is working next.

also, when you quit dayZ, Windowed=1; will revert back to 0. FYI

Edited by Sinphaltimus

just remembered shadowplay yesterday so tested it out. and works perfectly. perfect picture and perfect sound.

ofcourse i did put it on max everything for best quality.

no "fiddling" required

Edited by Happy-

I was having a similar issue with Shadowplay not recording. I reinstalled the latest stable drivers, then redirected Shadowplay from saving on my external hard drive to a new internal I threw in. No issues since then. I read somewhere that some people where having issues recording depending on where the save directory was.

This is on an EVGA Geforce GTX 760 Dual SC w/ACX Cooler.