thelonewanderer (DayZ)

Unplayable, almost

well with 160 hours spent, half of that has been running away from people who shoot fresh spawns. this game is getting a little ridiculous. it isnt even banditry anymore its just ruining others experience.

needless to say i think the community will be the downfall of this game. how am i supposed to test game functions if i cant even walk ten feet without getting shot at?

rant over

I rarely get shot at. Stop going to cherno and elektro and balota mate.

A mate and myself just had a big standoff with some guys at the NEAF. I spotted them while inside one of the prison buildings. There were four of them, two of us. I was unarmed. My mate and I told them to leave or die. They didn't listen. My mate tried shooting them, but his computer isn't the best so not good FPS etc. I told him to give me his gun. I proceeded to kill 2 of them, the other 2 fleed.

This is to say, learn to play.

I hear what your saying and get your point that it is annoying to be shot at spawn.  But the upside of that is we can track and kill the spawn rapists, technically spawn rapists are adding something for us to do, so hit a zero pop server get some weapons and supplies then come to a high pop server with your new sole objective to kill the spawn rapists :)

Hello there

"Unplayable Almost" + 160hrs played = OrLoK Confused.

Let's stop with the flames and try to bring this thread into something a little less Yard worthy shall we?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

tldr you missed the point 

I lol'd thanks! Made my day! Done with this thread now. Hope it gets closed for being useless. 

The community is fine..

Bwaahahahahhaaaa...hahaahahaaah...hahahaah...

The community is a worst bunch of sadists, masochists, trolls, whiners, smart asses and assholes i ever saw....in otherwords, it´s every pvp game community ever and it´s bloody fucking beautiful.

But then there´s the bunch that don´t see why server hopping is frowned upon, combat loggers, gamma warriors etc. who make it much less bautiful :(

The community is a worst bunch of sadists, masochists, trolls, whiners, smart asses and assholes i ever saw....in otherwords, it´s every pvp game community ever and it´s bloody fucking beautiful.

But then there´s the bunch that don´t see why server hopping is frowned upon, combat loggers, gamma warriors etc. who make it much less bautiful :(

Honestly? That's just really bad arguing on your part. You can't take half a sentence of what I said and build your answer around it. I also stated why I believe it's not the community but the game, that is responsible for the situation. So please just go away. 

There was huge influx of totally new players recently so I think it is the main cause of all that kos rcently - people are genuinely scared they will lose their gear. Once they learn it doesnt take THAT long to get fully geared again AND it doesnt really matter if you are geared or not - then people will learn ho to deal with new spawns without killing them, how to meet other players so both parties survive the meeting etc etc

I suggest you play the mod.

There is nothing to draw the player up north or to anything else than KOS on the beach atm.

the force feeding of rotten fruit and blood stealing gets old fast... whats the point of stealing blood anyway when you can gear up in 5 minutes.

the most exciting thing that happens in this game is when your getting shot at or trying to shoot someone. theres nothing else to do. most people want to play the hero role ... but without bandits there would be no excitement and just people waving and giving beans to one another. boring. i like the game dont get me wrong but with little given to us we need to figure out ways to entertain ourselves.

lately me and my friends try to hold down a town and claim it and try to keep people out. we dont kos, kill fresh spawns or go out of our way to be super friendly. we give viop warnings to stay away and fire warning shots. most run. but the odd time a group of three well armed players or so try to roll in on us. thats when the game is at its best. kinda like capture the flag (or school/hospital). we as a community have a role to play in making this game great.   

I think there will be a bit less Coast of Duty type gameplay once it takes longer than a couple of hours to fully gear up, and no one really expects you to be actively testing game mechanics. When there are over a million testers bugs tend to be found pretty quickly via just playing.

the most exciting thing that happens in this game is when your getting shot at or trying to shoot someone. theres nothing else to do. most people want to play the hero role ... but without bandits there would be no excitement and just people waving and giving beans to one another. boring. i like the game dont get me wrong but with little given to us we need to figure out ways to entertain ourselves.

lately me and my friends try to hold down a town and claim it and try to keep people out. we dont kos, kill fresh spawns or go out of our way to be super friendly. we give viop warnings to stay away and fire warning shots. most run. but the odd time a group of three well armed players or so try to roll in on us. thats when the game is at its best. kinda like capture the flag (or school/hospital). we as a community have a role to play in making this game great.   

see i wish it could be like that more often, ive traveled with a pack from east to west, north to south and all the way around again without dying. of course we had our run ins with some hostiles but thats the fun part. its not fun when the hostile is virtually unseen when they hide in bushes right next to known spawn points. theres at least 5 very predictable spots for people to spawn in

I think there will be a bit less Coast of Duty type gameplay once it takes longer than a couple of hours to fully gear up, and no one really expects you to be actively testing game mechanics. When there are over a million testers bugs tend to be found pretty quickly via just playing.

true, theres only a few things ive yet to try. and ive geared up fast and slow, its just annoying to see people camp the coast. how is killing defenseless players fun? i like to hunt snipers and bandits, not the dude in the T and jeans.

true, theres only a few things ive yet to try. and ive geared up fast and slow, its just annoying to see people camp the coast. how is killing defenseless players fun? i like to hunt snipers and bandits, not the dude in the T and jeans.

Just think of them as gamers that are so hopeless that their idea of fun is shooting at people that can't shoot back. It's tragic really...

• Like 3

Honestly? That's just really bad arguing on your part. You can't take half a sentence of what I said and build your answer around it. I also stated why I believe it's not the community but the game, that is responsible for the situation. So please just go away. 

Might be that the reason it´s not good arguing is that it´s not arguing at all, might be it was but a jest, a joke if you will.

Not everyone is out here to argue over the simplest of matters, cheer up friend, and try to understand humor again even if it´s tad hard through text.

Calling it a full game is a bit of an exegeration OP. Not even half the content is in there yet. Its flooded with children who wank over their "endgame" gear and hopefully leave after that stuff gets reduced and Server hopping Comes with a Penalty. ( oh and i found that KOS on the coast mainly happens on American Servers...i wonder why that is...)

*insert ALPHA warning here*

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Might be that the reason it´s not good arguing is that it´s not arguing at all, might be it was but a jest, a joke if you will.

Not everyone is out here to argue over the simplest of matters, cheer up friend, and try to understand humor again even if it´s tad hard through text.

Well maybe try not to be so condescending to people you don't know or never talked to before.

Answering a post with 

[...]

Is just rude and childish. 

i hate to be this guy BUT the CoD players will be gone soon enough this is not there kinda game just have to deal with it till then

I think the game works just fine, as for killing new spawns i have to admit i have done that myself, partly because at the moment there's not enough working zombies to make players need to use team work an focus on other stuff... and partly because I wanted to test my mosin rifle at range on moving, pretty much safe to shoot at targets

... you still get a buzz killing from long range with a rifle, whether the target has a weapon or not... the game is unpredictable and so am I, the other day I killed 2 newspawns with my rifle, then bumped into another one who was just standing still, (looking at a 3rd party map) instead of shooting him at pointblank range, lets face it no buzz in kiling a guy standing still lol, I proceeded to talk to him via mic, and gave him a bottle of water... then Low and behold a newspawn with no clothes comes running at me punching me an backing off (repeat) I shoot him in the legs with my mosin mainly to test to see if the slow down machanics work, "which they didn't" :P anyway he lands 3 punches an i don't get concerned as I'm not bleeding or anyhing, I take 4 random shot in his direction not really trying my best to hit... he hits me again, knocks me out steals my gear and kills me with my own weapon........

I love the unpredictable nature of the game, just can't wait for the extra thousands of working zombies.....

• Like 1

You know i haven't been shot once as a new spawn.  So i have either been lucky or my smash and grab technique of looting works.

Same here.

I put this down to my tried and tested DayZ Spawn Survival Technique of not stopping to investigate the first coastal settlement I see and running into the nearest woodland.

I won't usually stop to plot until I find a small hamlet off the beaten track.

The replies in this thread are exactly why I'm not surprised this community is fucked before the game is even in beta.

• Like 1