parkway03

Love the game, Hate the players...

So let me start of by saying this game is amazing. I have played so many hours since the standalone came out, and i feel like i cant get enough. I love the search for loot and getting geared up. And when i'm done getting all the gear i want, i go to a town to help noobs and kill bandits. I have come across so many combat loggers in my journeys across the map. If i see someone acting like a bandit i will take a shot, and next thing you know they are gone... and that is not the worst of it. I was in the apartment buildings looking over balota airfield with my Mosin and i saw a bandit running after a noob on the airstrip. I took a shot and missed. He ran off into the woods and could not find him. 10 min later i hear a reload sound behind me. I go to investigate and there is the bandit shoving a Mosin in my face (lol). No words were said, one shot and i'm dead.

This kind of BS makes this game not even fun anymore. They need to implement something to help with this issue. At least don't let people join the same server for a period of time after they leave.

• Like 3

Combat logging is a problem that I think the majority of the community recognises and hopes will be fixed soon, but this sort of thing is to be expected in an alpha.

• Like 1

Its coming but yes i hope its coming soon we are in alpha and really should be more play testing than actual playing.

Dont burn yourself out before we even hit beta mate....

well, tbh it is your fault - you missed the shot and he took it personally. I would try to kill you too.

If you want to change the world, start with yourself ;)

Today on my way to work I had this thought: why people want guns in DayZ? The answer is: to kill other players. So I am gonna try to play without guns for a while ;)

• Like 1

I agree with Ghua. You shot at him, and you missed.. If someone was shooting at me, and I knew where the shot was coming from, I would definitely sos on that guy too. 

The guy could've just wandered around the woods leading up to the appartments and snuck inside, without you seeing him.

It doesn't mean he's been logged out, and then logged in minutes later..

Another thing, you've got to check your surroundings too, meaning - don't just stand in a window in an appartment, looking over the airfield etc. Keep checking the room you're in, and the doors/exits leading to that room - even the stairs leading to the appartment you're in.

And don't just check it once every 5-10 minutes.. That's a long time for someone to sneak up behind you. :)

No matter if we're in Alpha, Beta or the final release - there will always be people who shoot on sight, and don't wanna use communication as parts of their playing style. That's just the human nature... Some people think it's easier to resolve a conflict by shooting the first guy they see with a weapon, instead of trying to be friendly, and maybe get a "friend" or two.

:beans:

So I am gonna try to play without guns for a while ;)

This is the way I play ... Axe is all I need ... funny enough is that people tend to leave me alone. :)

In all fairness to the original poster the guy he shot at could of combat logged. Gone to a low populated server. Run to where he thought he saw the shots from and then logged back in to the OP's server again. Putting the bandit at the advantage.

Now thats the real problem with combat logging. My personal opinion is to not have characters/gear transfer between servers like the mod.

• Like 2

You took the shot, missed, and stayed in the same place long enough for him to ghost (hell he probably could of snuck his way there if he wanted too).

So what you should of learned:

1. If you miss the first shot, Don't expect to get another free chance

2. Make an escape route for whatever building/area you are occupying 

3. Relocate (usually a good spot with a good vantage point over your last location) , and keep on full alert.

This is the way I play ... Axe is all I need ... funny enough is that people tend to leave me alone. :)

my strategy; have a magnum in your hoodie. they can't see it :)

my strategy; have a magnum in your hoodie. they can't see it :)

I always put my axe in my bag for the stealth factor and most people don't expect me to just pull it out from the bag.

I to, am exited about the features the devs are trying to make, to combat this issue :)
But we cant do anything other then wait atm hehe

And would like to add, i always run around with an axe, been "playing" for 17 hours or so (trying not to overplay so i get bored, like with the mod) and ive yet to be killed by anyone.
Ive ran into about 10 people in this time and not one of them have tryed to kill me :)

Edited by Byrgesen

they should also implement craploads of more PvE threats (i know they are improving zombies) so that there would be some sense in shooting something else than just other players' faces.

there should be more reasons to collaborate with strangers. as it stands, there is none. you are doing more than fine on your own in this non-hostile environment, even with bare hands.

a bit off-topic here, but it's the reason for all the manhunting. there's nothing else to shoot out there.

Edited by komadose
  • Like 3

they should also implement craploads of more PvE threats (i know they are improving zombies) so that there would be some sense in shooting something else than just other players' faces.

there should be more reasons to collaborate with strangers. as it stands, there is none. you are doing more than fine on your own in this non-hostile environment, even with bare hands.

a bit off-topic here...

Give it time mate, right now its just an Empty Shell of the game it will become, heck beta isnt till late 2014 (if we are lucky) so a million things are gonna happen in that timeframe :)

Its not worth playing atm, purely for testing purposes, as the warning littered all over the place states hehe.

Even Rocket said it himself, but people seem to still spend 100's of hours in the "game" without realizing its not a game yet actually :)

Give it time mate, right now its just an Empty Shell of the game it will become, heck beta isnt till late 2014 (if we are lucky) so a million things are gonna happen in that timeframe :)

Its not worth playing atm, purely for testing purposes, as the warning littered all over the place states hehe.

Even Rocket said it himself, but people seem to still spend 100's of hours in the "game" without realizing its not a game yet actually :)

i know, i know :) just a reminder for the community and devs (if they read this) :P

• Like 1

Eh it's a game in my book, though more like Gmod minus the sandbox environment. At the very least it makes a good zombie boxing game lol 

so you get to sit on your tower/hill/sniper spot passing judgement on those below and you think your not a bandit? you think your a helpful hero?

Does anyone here believe anyone climb into a spot 600m away from a high value loot area with a sniper rifle for the protection of others?

Don't play the innocent here mr "i just want to help"

Heres a THOUGHT get down from your tower of shite and interact with others your the kind of person that ruins the game, this game is about interaction. if YOU DONT GET THAT your not playing it right

so you get to sit on your tower/hill/sniper spot passing judgement on those below and you think your not a bandit? you think your a helpful hero?

Does anyone here believe anyone climb into a spot 600m away from a high value loot area with a sniper rifle for the protection of others?

Don't play the innocent here mr "i just want to help"

Heres a THOUGHT get down from your tower of shite and interact with others your the kind of person that ruins the game, this game is about interaction. if YOU DONT GET THAT your not playing it right

Your post made me think of something. What if that guy(the bandit) was the bambi's friend?

Edited by Deity

I agree that the game is about interactions with other players - you can kos for any reasons but then you are missing half the fun, turning DayZ into CoD.

hells yes ive lost count of the number of times ive punched my mates or cuffed them for the lols

I miss the days when combat log was only happening under fire, now talking is enough for them to combat log. Yesterday i shot two guys, killed one and wounded the other which he combat log leaving his buddy behind....good game. On the next update i say make combat loggers unable to equip trousers.

• Like 1

So let me start of by saying this game is amazing. I have played so many hours since the standalone came out, and i feel like i cant get enough. I love the search for loot and getting geared up. And when i'm done getting all the gear i want, i go to a town to help noobs and kill bandits. I have come across so many combat loggers in my journeys across the map. If i see someone acting like a bandit i will take a shot, and next thing you know they are gone... and that is not the worst of it. I was in the apartment buildings looking over balota airfield with my Mosin and i saw a bandit running after a noob on the airstrip. I took a shot and missed. He ran off into the woods and could not find him. 10 min later i hear a reload sound behind me. I go to investigate and there is the bandit shoving a Mosin in my face (lol). No words were said, one shot and i'm dead.

This kind of BS makes this game not even fun anymore. They need to implement something to help with this issue. At least don't let people join the same server for a period of time after they leave.

this is a hilarious coincidence.

It was me that was the "bandit" you shot at. My friend and I were running down the airstrip to get him a backpack and a gun. 

I took an educated guess on where you were as i sniped from that exact spot before, and lo and behold, look who are a 54r round at high velocity.

Moral of the story is "One person's 'bandit' is another person's friend"

Glad i decapitated a White Knight tho.

• Like 2

It's almost as if there are 500 other threads about the same topic... and that Dean and the team have a fix already in the works.......

It's almost..... as if......... I searched for this information............. using some sort of..........  I don't know........ SEARCH FEATURE!... 

You took the first shot and thereby welcomed retaliation. I appreciate what you were trying to do by attempting to save the noob, but next time, don't miss! :D