Sign in to follow this  
Scumbag Lemon

What does blurry vision mean?

When i get shot my screen is blurry, i'm not sick and when I get flll blood it doesn't go away.  How can I fix this?

That's a bug that they're trying to fix. There are a few ways to get rid of it, but no concrete solution at the moment

• Like 1

Blurry vision can be a bug, but it could also mean your health is low. Health is not blood, Health regenerates after your blood is full and your water and energy levels are above a certain percentage. Try eating and drinking a lot to fix it. You can read more in-depth information on Health/Blood is in this guide made by Merino http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159251-merinos-in-depth-video-guides-updated-jan-15th-understanding-sicknesses-and-surviving-poisoning/ (it's one of the lower videos)

If it's the bug you can fix it by going to settings and clicking video options after logged in. 

Also you can shut down the effect entirely by turning off post-processing (also in video settings), it could also save you some fps but you'll have no indicator for your health.

Edited by Problematic
  • Like 1

Blurry vision can be a bug, but it could also mean your health is low. Health is not blood, Health regenerates after your blood is full and your water and energy levels are above a certain percentage. Try eating and drinking a lot to fix it. You can read more in-depth information on Health/Blood is in this guide made by Merino http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159251-merinos-in-depth-video-guides-updated-jan-15th-understanding-sicknesses-and-surviving-poisoning/ (it's one of the lower videos)

If it's the bug you can fix it by going to settings and clicking video options after logged in. 

Also you can shut down the effect entirely by turning off post-processing (also in video settings), it could also save you some fps but you'll have no indicator for your health.

Thanks alot dude it worked you have my beans m8

Edited by Scumbag Lemon

Tizzle is wrong...  ;)

Blurry vision is due to you being low on HEALTH, so its to make you feel like your losing consciousness. It was the same way on Arma II, if you get shot a lot your vision get's blurry.

Two ways to fix this. Get your blood back up, then eat and drink until you have healing status, that means you're recovering health you lost. 

Or, go into your video settings, rendering, then disable post processing effects. 

• Like 2

Highly doubt it's a bug, everytime I have seen it, it have been because I am low health, what you can do is what Problematic said tho also keep in mind that you need to get into the healing state,  once you are full in health and blood it will say "Healthy" before that it will say "Healing" to reach the healing state, you need to eat and drink alot, you need to obtain about 5000 energy and about 3000 water.

EDIT: also if you do the video settings bug to get rid of it, you will still be low health, that is most likely the bug they are trying to fix. Which means the chance of you being one shot by a M4A1 or FNX45 is pretty high.

Edited by Timmpah

Guys, when I have this problem I simply go to Options->configure-->video and it clears up. I don't even have to change any settings. 

^ typically fixes from my own experiences as well.

Guys, when I have this problem I simply go to Options->configure-->video and it clears up. I don't even have to change any settings. 

Doing this though is stupid. Blurry vision means your overall health is going to shit, and once it hits 0 you are dead, not KO'ed, dead. Health can be damaged by everything from punches, sickness, and getting shot, but not bleeding. The recover health you need to have at least 3.5k energy and 3k water. Which is why you should keep eating and drinking everything you pick up.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's not a bug either, the bug is going going to video settings to get rid of the blurriness 

Edited by Deity

If your inventory screen doesn't say "Healthy" and your screen is blurry, you're low on health. Clicking video, or turning off post processing is just hiding the indicator, you're still low on health, you just don't see it.

Edited by bad_mojo

Doing this though is stupid. Blurry vision means your overall health is going to shit, and once it hits 0 you are dead, not KO'ed, dead. Health can be damaged by everything from punches, sickness, and getting shot, but not bleeding. The recover health you need to have at least 3.5k energy and 3k water. Which is why you should keep eating and drinking everything you pick up.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's not a bug either, the bug is going going to video settings to get rid of the blurriness 

Well, I don't know what to say except that my character is healthy and I still have this. So, we can disagree and you can keep saying it isn't a bug but my color is perfect and my character is great but I still have this problem so I use the solution I explained earlier. 

It means you have poor eyesight.

You need to either find a pair of spectacles (typically found randomly in houses), OR craft a pair using a spool of wire, a pair of pliers, and two glass bottles.

• Like 2

Well, I don't know what to say except that my character is healthy and I still have this. So, we can disagree and you can keep saying it isn't a bug but my color is perfect and my character is great but I still have this problem so I use the solution I explained earlier. 

Do you have a "Healthy" status indicator on your inventory screen?

Just because you have color, doesn't mean you're healthy.

Full color only means you have full blood, not full health. Blood level no longer equals health in the SA.

Blurry vision means your health is low. Period.

Watch the Merino videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9YSGX22B6Z3k9-hJzJcz4w/videos

Low health does not affect your character in any way except to make your vision blurry and to make you easier to kill.

There's no other indicator. You can have full blood, look and act normally, but if your health is low enough a single hit can kill you.

Edited by Hutch

When i get shot my screen is blurry, i'm not sick and when I get flll blood it doesn't go away.  How can I fix this?

It isn't a bug. Your health is low. Low blood = muted screen colors. Low health = very blurry. Many people try to disable this by pausing, then going to video settings, but all it does is remove the effect from your screen. Eat some food and try to stay hydrated.

A BLURRY SCREEN IS THE ONLY INDICATOR FOR YOUR HEALTH. DISABLING THE EFFECT REMOVES YOUR ONLY WAY TO KNOW HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM DEATH. MORE BLUR = FEWER HEALTH. 0 HEALTH = DEATH.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

Well then maybe you were really low on Health.  Color is affected by blood lose. Blood =/= Health

Well then maybe you were really low on Health.  Color is affected by blood lose. Blood =/= Health

Except that I am full color. It happens a lot, usually when I first log in there is some graphical issue, but my character is perfectly healthy. Deal with it.

Except that I am full color. It happens a lot, usually when I first log in there is some graphical issue, but my character is perfectly healthy. Deal with it.

Assuming you're logging into the same character/spawn every time and getting a blurry screen unless you have the status effect of healthy, then your health is low. Blurry screen is only caused by that.

Do you read?  

FULL COLOR DOES NOT MEAN HEALTHY.

BLOOD DOES NOT EQUAL HEALTH.

On second thought, forget about it. Go on believing you're healthy, it'll make it easier to kill you.

Edited by Hutch

Do you read?  

FULL COLOR DOES NOT MEAN HEALTHY.

BLOOD DOES NOT EQUAL HEALTH.

On second thought, forget about it. Go on believing you're healthy, it'll make it easier to kill you.

Does my character being healthy mean that I am healthy? This is getting old. my character is at max. Period.