Sign in to follow this  
Lady Kyrah

Press play, close your eyes, what do you see?

I thought this could be a nice little experience in the context of DayZ.

We have all seen a lot of zombie movies, played a lot of zombie movies, our heads are full of images and situations. People are full of imagination, and music sometimes triggers bursts of creativity (well.. at least for me).

Think about your favorite zombie movies, press play, close your eyes, and tell me what you see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIsptmGQEto

• Like 2

this movie utterly terrified me when I was a kid. One of the few sci fi horror movies that was ACTUALLY scary. That and the original ALIEN movie.

Now? not so much.

But then? Oh yes. Yes indeed...

For the first minute II saw Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for Gameboy Advance

Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20-%20The%20Two%

After that the tune suddenly became upbeat and modern pop music, and I saw Farmer in the Sky...

9781455878932.jpg

But then I realized that Queen's Radio Gaga had started playing in the background. When I turned it off I just saw LOTR again.

Probably not what you're looking for.

• Like 3

I see nothing because my eyes are shut

Maybe try it again, and this time listen to the ENTIRE video?

INB4 imnotgonnalistentoa49minutevideowithmyeyesclosed....it was a joke.

It`s night, winter, i can see my breath, i`m sneaking through a rural area, on the outskirts of a forest. I`m passing a group infected who are not aware of me. Some of them are standing around in a "slumbering" state, others are feasting on decaying livestock, there are bodies on the ground, and the smell is terrible, i feel very uneasy and scared, mostly because of the unhuman sounds the infected are making.. 

You can hear their pained groans and grunts as i do my best to walk as quietly as possible. I`m holding a shotgun tight, but my hands are freezing.

didn't actually try what the OP suggested, so here goes:

I see:

A dog is running across a featureless expanse of white tundra. It is a Siberian husky, and it is being chased by a helicopter. The passenger of the heli is leaning out, attempting to shoot the dog with a high power rifle. He takes several shots, and they all miss.

Flash forward:

Now I see a bizarre scene, in which two men are tied up on a couch. One of the men starts violently convulsing, suddenly his upper torso horrendously mutates into an elongated mouth with dozens of large, serrated teeth. The mouth bends over and clamps down on the other man's screaming head.

Flash Forward:

Now I see two men outside of a ruined, burning complex, seemingly in the middle of the arctic. They are sharing a bottle of some kind of alcohol. They seem resigned, yet satisfied.

• Like 1

Yeah, Ennio Morricone was epic

But IMO, the tune should be more modern.

It would be cool with something dark and bassy like this:

• Like 2

Agreed the first Alien movie scared the shit out of me for a fair few years after i saw it and the bit in The Thing with the dogs being mangled/transformed still gets me to this day, The only movie i refuse to watch again which has really fucked up my wheel house is The Grudge.

Agreed the first Alien movie scared the shit out of me for a fair few years after i saw it and the bit in The Thing with the dogs being mangled/transformed still gets me to this day, The only movie i refuse to watch again which has really fucked up my wheel house is The Grudge.

Grudge isn't what I would call "SCI FI" horror, but yes, I agree. The first one was pretty spooky. But as with all truly scary movies, its only scary the first time around. Which is why, I think, every other ALIEN title has flopped to date: Yeah, we get it. Face hugger, guy goes unconscious, slimy phallic creature thrusts through guy's chest, grows big impossibly fast. Mouth inside mouth. Acidic blood. Yup. we get it....

As for The Thing, my favorite scene that still makes me cringe is the part where the doctor is trying to revive that guy on the gurney with the defibs. After a few tries, the defibs (and his hands with them) punch THROUGH the guy's chest into an empty, HOWLING cavity. Which then grows huge, serrated teeth and clamps shut around his wrists, severing his hands.

And then, of course, while the body on the gurney is being torched, its head detaches, sprouts insect like legs from the neck, and crawls away, upside down.

Edited by Crazykage

didn't actually try what the OP suggested, so here goes:

I see:

A dog is running across a featureless expanse of white tundra. It is a Siberian husky, and it is being chased by a helicopter. The passenger of the heli is leaning out, attempting to shoot the dog with a high power rifle. He takes several shots, and they all miss.

I'm betting it was my dog. I wondered where in the hell he took off to the other day.

I thought this could be a nice little experience in the context of DayZ. We have all seen a lot of zombie movies, played a lot of zombie movies, our heads are full of images and situations. People are full of imagination, and music sometimes triggers bursts of creativity (well.. at least for me). Think about your favorite zombie movies, press play, close your eyes, and tell me what you see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIsptmGQEto

Beans for posting one of the greatest composers of our time. 

sorry for the low Q...not slept in a while but this is all i see when i close my eyes

Edited by funkyfrogjuice