Sign in to follow this  
CharlieAnd1/2

DayZ - Bringing in elements from the Mod

Basicly, the current DayZ build is cool (not talking about 0.31.*).

But we really miss some basic survival elements from the Mod.

I am talking about stuff that could be changed slightly to fit into the Standalone so it could be great such as - Humanity, Outfits, etc..

For a start - Outfits should be added, where you can find a whole outfit (Ghillie Suit for example) and put it on yourself.

Outfit will take your Shirt, Jacket, Pants, Hat and Boots slots, but will have more slots than just a shirt. (Assuming that Jacket (6/8/10) + Tactical Shirt(4) + Military Pants(6) = 18 inventory slots (around it) than an outfit should have about 16-20 slots, depends on the outfit).

So for Ghillie suit - 20 or 18 inventory slots should be issued (The valuable the bigger).

And as for a good ol' dayz gameplay style the following outfits should be added along with others:

- Ghillie Suit Outfit

- Civillian Clothes (3 kinds of it, just like the mod - for the nostalgy!)

- Camo Clothes (Camo clothing with short sleeves just like the mod).

Other outfits can also be added such as - Fireman, Policeman, Smart Suit Outfit, etc..

----

Humanity should also be added.

I know this is being asked frequently but changes must be done to it so it could fit the standalone.

- Humanity will not affect your character's clothes (Pretty obvious, with the new amazing clothing system this cannot be included).

- Humanity will be displayed in the status bars at the inventory (A small Humanity meter somewhere in the Character's window at the inventory to show the amount of the humanity).

- Default Humanity amount set to 0 instead of 2500.

- 3 Humanity Statuses:

--- Survivor (Between -5000 to 5000 humanity) - No affect

--- Hero (+5000 humanity) - Slightly faster turbo run.

--- Bandit (-5000 humanity) - Slightly less weapon sway while aiming down sights.

- Determining if a player is a bandit or a hero: What I thought about is to simply set blood colors different.

Incase a survivor is bleeding he will bleed a normal blood color (or when shot, where some blood goes out of a body).

Incase a hero is bleeding he will bleed a slightly brighter blood (Don't mean pink but a noticeable brighter blood).

Incase a bandit is bleeding he will bleed a slightly darker blood (Not black but a noticeable darker blood!).

The blood color will also affect how it displays in a bloodbag, a syringe and even when using a blood testing kit, it should tell the color.

So if i want to see if someone is likely to be hostile i should just shoot them first? 

• Like 1

Not understanding the outfit bit when you have a variety of clothing now with more to come.

The humanity thing is too gamey, to have special abilities because you play a certain way? No thanks!

And as Fluxley says... To find out if you're friendly or not... You have to shoot someone?

Maybe some things should be brought in from the Mod but these aren't any of them.

Im not a huge fan of the humanity system, never was.. but i do like the idea of finding complete sets of clothing around, like riot gear, a firemans uniform and such.. About the ghillie, people have been talking about crafting them, which IMO would bring a lot more to the game than just finding them.. perhaps a bit of both?

Hero or bandit skins would be nice. But also civilian clothing like police, military, firefighter, butcher, car technician, you name it.

Maybe make the color or kind of facial hair decide wether a player is a Hero, survivor or a bandit? Bandits get slick mustaches, which they can cover in their masks, as where regular survivors get some sidebeard to their face? A hero would grow a full beard, covering the entire face, making it a much more desirable playstyle. (who wouldn't want a full beard?! KoS problem fixed!). This would only work if the survivor has been alive for a good period of time, as killing one or two people with your fresh-spawn baseball bat won't decide what you are going to do with the following 10+ hours of living. 

Okay, I'm going to say this right now. Humanity system? NOPE. Adding a humanity system would add an arcade element into the game. And that's not something the developers would want.

Hero or bandit skins would be nice. 

Yeah, no. This is the standalone version, not the mod 2.0

Perhaps lowered humanity would make them go insane instead of what your suggesting. Players begin to laugh uncontrollably and stuff like that