Sign in to follow this  
Pmoo

The Train

Ok, I'm sure most of us are familiar with the train tracks that cover a large portion of Chernarus+, and many of us can't wait until vehicles are added to the standalone version of the game. A mode of quick transport can be very expensive and even a luxury, what if the many rare or unique parts could be put together to fix a train that is broken down somewhere on the tracks. Imagine being chased by a horde and the train pulls into town. The group that controls it are heros, they take you in, give you food, and a trip to the next town over. A few weeks later the train pulls up and you go to it seeking shelter, but bandits bust out ransacking the town and killing everyone. So later you and your gang of friends set up explosives on the track, and when the train comes by you knock it off the rails, destroying it, starting the process over again for someone else to find and repair the train.

• Like 3

I was actualy thinking about a working train in Standalone, would be cool though. But like you have to activate some electrical grid somehwere in Chernarus so you are able to use the tracks.

• Like 1

I was thinking no till I looked up how fuel efficient trains can be. I feel that this should be end game, it should take at lest a few guys to get it repaired and running.

Yeah the moment I saw the tracks in the mod I wanted a working train in the standalone. It would be crazy to see a clan be they survivor or bandit have a train and use it as a mobile base. A Handcar would also be cool I remember a good mod server I played on had a train fast travel systeam the admin used this for the pic of the transport on the site.

http://eodserver.com/uploads/3/2/5/0/3250398/7562807.jpg

It would be cool to have some DIY handcart for transport.

Railroad handcars !   :beans: 

handcar.jpg

Edited by lDeel
  • Like 2