astrallycan

No DayZServer.exe in game files

Yeah the only way i can play if from local servers or if one was hosted in my state.. i really hope they release the server files soon.. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up.  I personally doubt server files will ever be released to the public for self-hosting.

The devs obviously get the final word on this, but I would expect that server-side hosting of this game will most likely follow the "official" model of only going through approved vendors at this point.  That's the only way they can enforce patch updates, server spec requirements, etc.  I'd anticipate more and more configuration options for customizing gameplay to become available over time, and server prices to slowly (*very* slowly) drop...but if you're holding your breath for being able to spawn a local copy of a server and DIY - I just don't see it happening.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.  I personally doubt server files will ever be released to the public for self-hosting.

The devs obviously get the final word on this, but I would expect that server-side hosting of this game will most likely follow the "official" model of only going through approved vendors at this point.  That's the only way they can enforce patch updates, server spec requirements, etc.  I'd anticipate more and more configuration options for customizing gameplay to become available over time, and server prices to slowly (*very* slowly) drop...but if you're holding your breath for being able to spawn a local copy of a server and DIY - I just don't see it happening.

Then it will eventually fail and die.

• Like 1

thx for response but that not cleary answer my questions.

When we get it?

As with everything in DayZ.

"You get it when you get it" lol :)

Patience people, we are barely over a month into the alpha development hehe.

If i would have to give a estimated guess, i would say mid to late Beta most likely.

They have no reason to release it before then tbh. Its easier to control development, when the server files are under "lockdown".

I guess i will just uninstall it until they release the server files it sucks that both Rust and Dayz use so much internet they are both unplayable for me :/

Patience people, we are barely over a month into the alpha development hehe.

i have the patience, but i don't understand

1.) Server-Files are ready for use!

2.) Why have only 3-4 big layer GSP's the ability to make Money with the Hype?

3.) Why should i pay a lot money to a Provider for a managed service. when i can host by myself and maybe better?  

Rocket: "The server files will be released to all upon launch. It is much easier to setup a dayz SA server."   http://www.reddit.co...ndalone_server/

The Early Access was a launch!

They have no reason to release it before then tbh. Its easier to control development, when the server files are under "lockdown".

there is no lockdown. the server files also are in client download version.  the ability to start a server was removed.

Edited by n8m4re

I guess i will just uninstall it until they release the server files it sucks that both Rust and Dayz use so much internet they are both unplayable for me :/

in your signature is that your internet? LOL!

and i think germany has bad internet but that LOL.

mine xD: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3251910572

Edited by sanzzes