Sign in to follow this  
Feirus

Should I play DayZ Mod?

Hi, should I buy ArmA 2 and play Mod? StandAlone Alpha is out now, but my friend is playing Mod.

How many people play Mod? And is Mod still popular and played, or is it outdated and everybody play SA?

Thanks!

Feirus

Edited by Feirus

Not the Vanilla mod. BUT Epoch and Origins are more popular nowadays (I think). In my opinion the mod isn't that great and it doesn't work as good as standalone for me.

Thanks for advice :). I will wait for other opinios.

Is Mod still played? And is it worth it?

On Humble Bundle there are ArmA 2 + DayZ, so I am asking.

Edited by Feirus

The Mod at the moment has more content and is more stable than Standalone. The Mod is free which requires you to buy Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation arrowhead, you can get Arma 2 and Operation arrowhead from the Humble Bundle this week as it's bohemia's sale for their games. Get it cheap there instead of steam :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Standalone is a while of being stable to play with content, it doesn't even have vehicles yet. Both are amazing but i prefer Mod at the moment in terms of Content

Edited by TheCalyx
  • Like 1

Thanks! :) And which game is more popular now (I think which game is played more)??

I have worries that at Mod there are few active servers and everybody is playing only StandAlone. Is it true?

Edited by Feirus

Thanks! :) And which game is more popular now (I think which game is played more)??

I have worries that at Mod there are few active servers and everybody is playing only StandAlone. Is it true?

No.

There are a ton of people playing the mod. Epoch is the most popular right now.

I just checked commander and there are at least 20 servers running vanilla dayz mod with anywhere from 10-50 players right now that are all real close to me. Super low ping.

I won't bother to chech epoch as there are about 4x as many epoch servers as vanilla dayz mod.

With all the different versions of the mod and how much more stable it is, I think you'll enjoy the mod more than standalone for quite a while.

In my opinion:

-the standalone has much better looting and surviving. You can wear different clothing combinations, almost all houses are enterable with multiple rooms, strange as it seems food is actually fun to eat (my character should be fat), even though there are effectively no zombies, the whole survival aspect is far more fun.

-the mod has better ranged combat. I just don't like the way standalone guns handle compared to the entire ARMA series. It feels like I've been limited (and I have been). In most servers running the mod it's also easier to find weapons since most of them are focused on PvP and have a glut of changes applied.

Couldn't say. Probably true to some extent, but there are still quite a lot of active mod servers.

Thanks! I just asked about my PC and I will run SA on 25FPS in nature, so it´s quite unplayable.

And what do you think about game RUST? It´s popular on Steam now.

Edited by Feirus

Hi, should I buy ArmA 2 and play Mod? StandAlone Alpha is out now, but my friend is playing Mod.

How many people play Mod? And is Mod still popular and played, or is it outdated and everybody play SA?

Thanks!

Feirus

there are more different mods in the mod. There are is so many more stuff to do as in the standalone. Its worth a try couse its just 6 bugs this week on humble.

Thanks!

Feirus

I can gift you normal Arma 2 seeing as i got it from humble bundle and i already have it, you will have to get operation arrowhead aswell though

• Like 1

I can gift you normal Arma 2 seeing as i got it from humble bundle and i already have it, you will have to get operation arrowhead aswell though

Are you still willing to? I have the Standalone and I have been dying to Arma 2 for the DayZ, Mod. I could give you some stuff aswell.  :D

EDIT: Forget this post, I got my answer somewhere else. Sorry for spam.

Edited by btw001