Sign in to follow this  
Twixxer

Faith in DayZ players restored

Just about an hour ago I ran into two fully kitted guys at Solnichny whilst being a freshspawn. I immediately raised my hands and crouched, being like 'oh well, here comes a free respawn'. Surprisingly, they just dropped me a holster and a revolver and left. 

Never tought I would encounter friendly people on coast. Beans to them :beans:  :beans:  :D

DayZ Faith Points +1

• Like 18

"You Are Dead"

Well they didn't kill me ;o

That's pretty nice, did they also leave you some ammo? 

• Like 1

That's pretty nice, did they also leave you some ammo? 

Yep. The gun was fully loaded. I was quite surprised, that gun actually saved my life twice already.

• Like 1

That is epic, I know a lot of people who would just shoot once given the pistol, I respect both you and the other guys for promoting a positive experience 

DayZ Faith Points +1

yes! that adds 1 to my -5245083 dayz faith points

i now have -5245082

Edited by elf cakes
  • Like 18

Humans are playing DayZ, faith balance will never go above 0, mark my words.

• Like 3

Only way to respect that and pay back the generosity is to do the same when you are fully kitted.

Always think single players can decide on the spot to try and trust another player but from what Ive seen on the streams any squad of three or four tends to play (shoot to kill without question). Is this seeming demand for kills still in the game due to lack of content probably. I think when players have more to do to survive then we might see more give and take towards each other.

A team of four fully kitted have a lot to loose if Joe Blogs that has just turned up saying “Friendly” decides to take advantage so I completely understand. Shooting everyone is the easy way and I hope players and squads try for balance. Sometimes rewarding game play by helping some poor soul out and other times recognising that’s a mobile organised fire team that has one thing on its mind and need to be taken out.

The map is still to sanitised being in Alpha. When it’s littered with downed Aircraft, roads with vehicles and maybe harder to survive being a new spawn with Z’ds of actual ‘threat then players I think will help each other. I guess the dream would be to see two or three individual players that have never met join up for protection for the Zombie threat never mind prowling fully kitted squads with external com’s.

Edited by sav112

That is epic, I know a lot of people who would just shoot once given the pistol, I respect both you and the other guys for promoting a positive experience 

That's why if I give out a pistol I unload the mag and drop the mag pistol and ammo separately on the ground to give me time to get away from them lol

That's why if I give out a pistol I unload the mag and drop the mag pistol and ammo separately on the ground to give me time to get away from them lol

Thats not a bad idea actually, or give them the stuff without only 1 round, that way if they waste their shot aiming at you, it's their loss

Always save one round

Thats not a bad idea actually, or give them the stuff without only 1 round, that way if they waste their shot aiming at you, it's their loss

Always save one round

and then you know that they're buttnuggets and you can kill them with a clear concience

Not played the game yet but when I do play with anyone it will be by route one in the game as in meeting on the server and running with them and having an adventure.  Organised squads with external Communications is too organised. Especially having the ability to talk clearly without detection to someone half a mile away covering you just does not do it for me. While its not cheating, it’s a massive advantage that does sway fights.

I just want to play the game in my own way, answering to no one and joining up for short periods with others. Also something else I’ll be the guy quite happy to camp for hours if I sense a fire team is about. I’d enjoy nothing better listen to foot steps around me to ramp up the tension.

Do you think you will be able to craft booby-trap  or IED with time switch. Nothing better than seeing a fire team entering a town and seeing them kill some helpless sod only to leave a few surprises for them before quickly getting out of dodge.

Edited by sav112

I'm glad you had a good experience.. I try to provide them for other players as well, and I hope the karma comes back to me.. it has, at times.. and other times it doesn't. Usually when it doesn't, it's my own fault for lone-wolfing an airfield. 

On this life, so far, I spawned in Solnichny, and made my way to Elektro.. Someone shot at me with a .45 when I was coming out of the school house, but I managed to get away without taking damage.. I managed to track the guy to the hospital, where he was looting.. Made my way up the stairs, saw he was no longer on the 2nd floor, and moved up the stairs toward the roof when I heard him running back toward the stairs.. I came around the corner and slammed my splitting axe into his face.. I already had a Revolver with 0 Ammo, but took his .45 and the ammo he had for protection. Of course the guy was wearing a Payday mask. I scavenged what else I could off of him, and finished looting the western side of Elektro, and moved west.

Made it to Balota, looted, and noticed it was already in the process of being looted, so I looped around and sat on the south side of the airfield, and waited.. 2 fully kitted guys in military gear came running out of the Police Station on the far East side of the Airfield.. My philosophy is - If they're on the coast in full military gear, they are NOT friendly.. I fired 2 shots from my Mosin and they both combat logged.

Moved on to Zelenogorsk, Green Mountain, Veresnik military base, then NWAF.. Mostly uneventful.. At NWAF, I just finished looting the last police station on the north end of the airfield, and I heard a voice behind me, "Hello! Friendly!"..

I turned and saw a guy standing there about 50m from me with a splitting axe.. Wearing a white bike helmet, blue Mnt Backpack, and still had his starting T-shirt on.. So, I started talking to him.. he had no weapons. He told me he just got to the airfield from Devils Castle, and that it was his first day playing StandAlone, and that he hadn't played DayZ Mod for about a year.. Needless to say, he had a lot to learn still. By this point I was carrying a .45 with 3 clips and 40 ammo.. A Revolver with 36 ammo.. a Mosin with 100 ammo, a long range scope, bi-pod, and PU Scope.. And an M4 that only need a Buttstock to be fully pristine, along with 2 30 Rnd Coupled mags for a total of 120 ammo.

I pulled him into the police station I just looted, and gave him my .45, all the ammo for it, as well as my Mosin and the ammo for that.. Then took him up to the tents and helped him clear it, then up to the police station up north of the tents and got him well fed and hydrated.. he was thirsty before I met him.. Taught him how to get healthy status, and let him draw 2000 blood (2 blood bags) off of me, since I am O- blood type, and I can regenerate the blood back and he can use those to help others, or himself in a tight spot. I told him about our communities TS channel and we gave each other thanks, and we parted ways.. It always feels good to meet a potential friend.

The latter part of my day would not have been possible if everyone was KOS.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 3

In honor of the generosity in this thread I plan to risk my fully kitted self defending new spawns (killing KOS vermin) on the coast. God help me. Not all kitted beach goers are bad!

• Like 1

My philosophy is - If they're on the coast in full military gear, they are NOT friendly.

While it may be true for many people or your belief, it's not actually true in all cases, meaning not true in 100%.

Example: I roll with a big group ("Army", so to speak) that's basically friendly and hostile to bandits and crazies. We also do coastal relief ops where geared people are present.

Of course, the potential thankful survivor (or just crazy mofo) doesn't initially know that, but it's just an example that not all will shoot at you, depending on where you play at what time. When in doubt: Find good cover and begin communication.

If armed people run at you it's already a good indicator that they don't KOS (immediately). They would've done so otherwise. So it's either a robbery or someone or some people trying to help. 50/50, perhaps.

I had a pristine press vest and I saw this newspawn on the coast who looked like he was new to the game (crawling past zeds and taking ages to pick stuff up)

Ran up to him, dropped the press vest , a .45 with a couple mags, water Ect and went away

He took a whole to pick it up though

I spawned in the same place and saw at least 20 bodies lying in the road,.my bottom let out a low pitched whine akin to a Trumpet covered in soft cushions,....,.as I proceeded to try for the trees but alas

Two fully kitted up men were upon me

I kneel and surrendered 

BHAM

DayZ Black Screen of Death

The End

• Like 1

People picking off new spawns right on the coast must really be assholes. It's not like they want their flashlights...

Or doing it for science perhaps. Unlikely though. No, medical division, I didn't call for you!

You know that was I was thinking,..whats the point to it really? 

I had on a T shirt and jeans,..I could had possibly been a threat had I of thrown my flashlight and battery at them,...all the bodies were in the same boat dressed the same

I guess it was a case of being bored on a Saturday night

• Like 1

A little faith restored in the common sense of players. A clanmate and I told a guy to put his hands up, at first he tried to run but he cornered himself into a building. I robbed this guy at gunpoint and realized he had an anti-stab vest, which I never had seen before.I told him to drop it. Instead of trying to fist fight a guy with an FNX, he dropped the vest and I told him he could go. When a different clanmate saw him about a minute later and described him, I told him it was that guy I had robbed, and not to bother about him. If only more people had this much sense, there could be less killing in dayz. Oh, and to the guys who robbed me of nothing but my can opener near Pik Kozlovka, that was funny lol.

I can't believe you didn't turn around and shot them both. Not only were they so dumb to give you a revolver, they gave you ammo too.

I did that once, gave someone a FNX with a magazine, he turned around and killed me.

Take the chance and shoot them up next time.

• Like 1

I can't believe you didn't turn around and shot them both. Not only were they so dumb to give you a revolver, they gave you ammo too.

I did that once, gave someone a FNX with a magazine, he turned around and killed me.

Take the chance and shoot them up next time.

They might never do it again. If someone already gives you something, why be a dick about it? One should be thankful, in my opinion, and not make the same guys shoot you the next time they see you. There's only a "dog eats dog" mentality if people want it. Blue or red pill?

• Like 1