Sign in to follow this  
kantsler

too much running

Like the Topic said, there is too much running in this game, every time i find some one on the forums to play with we have to run to each other for 30 minutes.

Also most of the spawns this date (19th) are on the north east side of the coast.

That means that every time we travel to places like cherno, electro, north west airport etc.. we have to travel a very long route 

to get there and the next thing you know, some one gets killed by a sniper and he has to spawn 30 minutes away from us once more.

Nothing you can do about those snipers sitting some where hiding and sniping from 400M.. 

This is really a game breaker for me and some of my friends.

I would offer a few ideas to fix this issue and let us have more fun and less running around.

1. Upon death player may choose a radius in which he wants to spawn

http://postimg.org/image/6uynwixjb/e4c89604/

2. Pre death state. Like the unconscious state works at the moment but for a limited time of lets say 5 minutes.

A person who was shot to the chest, limbs and every other part besides the head should have a unconscious state for 5 minutes before death. This option leads to a already developed tool called the Defibrillator which can be used on the downed target to revive him. Having that will improve team play elements, make a new role for a medic to actually be a medic and not a mendicant mule and let people go on longer journeys with out waiting for one of the downed team member to run back to cherno for 40 minutes.

*note* a player can be revived once every 1 hour and will have to be treated by a medic afterword for full health recovery. If not treated with antibiotics and have the bullet taken out of the body the subject will get sick of infection and die with in 2 hours.

3. "Wait for me guys I just need to hop this server for a few more times to find a weapon in the airfield and I can join you"

How many have you heard this sentence before? I know I have plenty. Why do we waste precious game time and hours from our life on finding gear through server hopping. First of all most of us will agree that server hopping is totally messing up the game's idea. Instead of going and finding rare loot by scavenging and exploring new areas filled with the danger of bandits we just end up going to the same place and hopping it for a few times till we get what we need.

my solution for this is to have less loot over all and the ability to find loot for each other. The current state of the inventory will not allow to carry more then 1 main weapon on your shoulder and one in your hands making you slow and unable to sprint. If people could carry weapons for each other people wouldn't have to go hardcore server jumping for a weapon.

Thank you for reading, I would love to hear and ideas that will make this game more enjoyable.

Now I ain't saying you are playing the wrong game, but you are playing the wrong game.

• Like 22

I didn't read your thread at all coz i'm lazy and you summarized at the very start so i'll just simply say if the game has to much running for you it's the wrong game for you :)

• Like 2

because of that the game is also called: Rockets Hiking Simulator 2014 :beans:

think about this: ist a very detailed apocalypse sim so what do u mean would be ure main activity in a rl apocalypse? u got it i know B)

Yeah pretty much playing the wrong game bro... Simple as that. 

1. Will never happen!

2. Will also, NEVER happen. If you think you can "revive" someone with a defi, you should play Battlefield.

3. Server hopping is being addressed.

So wait you complain that you have to run really far to get to cherno/elektro all the time but then complain about people continually going to the same location?

Why do you even go to cherno/elektro?

Honestly if you have an issue then have your friends play in Berezino more often instead of cherno/elektro. There is just as much, or more to do in the north east than anywhere else.

If you want to be able to catch with your mates within 60 seconds of dying and have all your gear back, may I suggest that BF4 might be more to your liking?

Like the Topic said, there is too much running in this game, every time i find some one on the forums to play with we have to run to each other for 30 minutes.

Also most of the spawns this date (19th) are on the north east side of the coast.

That means that every time we travel to places like cherno, electro, north west airport etc.. we have to travel a very long route 

to get there and the next thing you know, some one gets killed by a sniper and he has to spawn 30 minutes away from us once more.

Said it before, say it again, and likely a few 100 time more after this, if you spawn on the east coast run north, just do it a few time visit the shipwreck, the airfield live a little.

I'm so sick of how punishing death is. Totally agree. I was thinking maybe we need a system like Planetside 2 where you get shot down into the map via a pod from outer space.

And same for me man! I hate how long it takes me and my lame ass friends to server hop when we die. It's like, really? You can't just give us fully loaded kits like right away? What is this shit?

I hate like how, you know, dying fucking sucks.

It's always a sniper too.

Sniper NO Sniping! Sniper NO Sniping!

Sniper... NO SNIPING!

Edited by Knightmare
  • Like 2

I'm so sick of how punishing death is. Totally agree. I was thinking maybe we need a system like Planetside 2 where you get shot down into the map via a pod from outer space.

And same for me man! I hate how long it takes me and my lame ass friends to server hop when we die. It's like, really? You can't just give us fully loaded kits like right away? What is this shit?

I hate like how, you know, dying fucking sucks.

It's always a sniper too.

Sniper NO Sniping! Sniper NO Sniping!

Sniper... NO SNIPING!

Stop running across airfields in the open?

Travel with a group who has a designated sniper and a long range scope?

Properly scout areas you're going to before looting?

I looking forward to reducing the running distance. Eg Making you dizzy if you run to much while hungry.

Then the posts will be "too much walking in this game".

• Like 1

I think he is just joking bro.

• Like 1

Not sure if serious or trolling.

• Like 1

Retarded and random respawns don't make the game harsh. They make it annoying.

Retarded and random respawns don't make the game harsh. They make it annoying.

Doesn't matter what you personally find annoying. The spawns are designed to place you on a part of the map you may not be familiar with, so that you don't know 100% where you may be upon joining into the game, and for the most part they work well in this regard. 

They are also designed to better distribute the player population across the map. If players were allowed to select a general area where they could spawn, everybody would simply spawn nearby Balota/NW Airfield and those contested areas would become an even bigger bloodbath than they already are, and nobody would bother spawning by Elektro or Berezino in relation. The current spawn system makes it so that spawning by the east/southeast shoreline makes major loot stockpiles like Berezino and NE Airfield more attractive to explore than throwing yourself into the meat grinder down by Cherno.

• Like 2

Think we should wait and see what the new patch brings, at least more options with a new city, choosing a spawn point/area would just break the game a little too much, when everyone starts spawning as close to Electo as they can the griefers will have a field day. Then we'll have a thread related to spawn camping/KoS like we didn't do it to ourselves and it's the dev's fault.

can't wait for car's tho running everywhere is annoying as hell.

Maybe they should add a small DM map that just has cherno, where you spawn fully kitted for the people that don't want to play DayZ the way it's meant to be played.

Then again maybe they would just be better off buying UT or something.

Regards.