Sign in to follow this  
Tronster

Is It Rumour or Fact?

Hi Guys I'm new to the Forum Thing so sorry for the noobish stuff I may say in the future.

I was wondering about something my friend told me the other day. He stated that the next patch would be out Monday with shotguns, spray-paint etc. by watching the Live stream of PC Gamer/Devs.

He also Stated that it was mentioned in the Stream that BASIC Vehicles/bases would be implemented by the End of January 2014 if everything went according to plan.

So I was wondering if anyone else on here knew if this was a fact or not. I thought it was BS until I heard the release of the new patch on MONDAY WITH SHOTGUNS AND SPRAY-PAINT so was hoping in a way that this was going to be true aswell

Tanks Guys/Gals :D  

An experimental patch should be available sometime Monday and looking at Rocket's thread:  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165709-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-031114343/

you can see what things are to be implemented.

I did not see the PC Gamer stream so can't comment on vehicles being added just yet, but i would be very surprised if it were end of January.

The update on Monday is a fact, however I can't say anything about the Vehicles. The devs MAY have said something, but I haven't heard it if they have.

Hope I could help :3

As above - new experimental build (details here) should be up on Monday, release for everyone else will hopefully follow towards the end of the week.

Can't comment on vehicles but I would be very surprised if they were in by the end of January.

Edited by Mos1ey

The patch is Monday.

However Vehicles have not been mentioned here AFAIK, and this would most likely be the first place..

Hi Guys I'm new to the Forum Thing so sorry for the noobish stuff I may say in the future.

I was wondering about something my friend told me the other day. He stated that the next patch would be out Monday with shotguns, spray-paint etc. by watching the Live stream of PC Gamer/Devs.

He also Stated that it was mentioned in the Stream that BASIC Vehicles/bases would be implemented by the End of January 2014 if everything went according to plan.

So I was wondering if anyone else on here knew if this was a fact or not. I thought it was BS until I heard the release of the new patch on MONDAY WITH SHOTGUNS AND SPRAY-PAINT so was hoping in a way that this was going to be true aswell

Tanks Guys/Gals :D  

Bases and vehicles are in the long term plans. No way they will be implemented by the end of January. It will definitely be sometime this year. Each of those components is a huge undertaking.

Just some clarification for the OP,

The experimental branch (more or less a patch candidate) is released as a separate branch of the game.  You can choose to play the new branch (with all of it's associated game changes) or you can choose to play the current version (and you can even play them both).  After several days of testing and evaluation, the experimental branch (or a modified version of it) will become the new current version of the alpha.