Sign in to follow this  
Staticcipriani

i Want to play this game but..

i dont believe my graphics card will be able to handle it. I have a geforce gt 610. I know its horrible but i dont have money for a new one.( i dont need to play games at 60fps, i doubt i've ever played a game at that speed as im from consoles) I ran my system through systemrequirementslab.com and it says i pass the minimum settings required.But i hear really bad reception from my gt 610 that is cant run modern games ( not really true, ive seen bf4 run at low settings on youtube with this gfx card). Also at game-debate.com when i run my system is says i dont meet minimum requirments because of my gfx card. Im confused and i just want to know if i can run this game at a decent 25-30 fps. I play hawken, dark souls , fallout Nv,The witcher 2, and civ 5 just fine. Please respond. Please do not bring up the fact that my gfx is horrible as i am aware of the fact.

Thank you

seriously doubt it.  The game is not optimized yet.  Im running ab a 1400$ rig and barely get 60 fps and around 30 in towns.  Its more ab CPU power for arma/DayZ.  So dont expect much if your running on a really low end PC.  If you can play on all low settings and around 15 -20 fps maybe if your lucky.

Edited by Zedicologist

seriously doubt it.  The game is not optimized yet.  Im running ab a 1400$ rig and barely get 60 fps and around 30 in towns.  Its more ab CPU power for arma/DayZ.  So dont expect much if your running on a really low end PC.  If you can play on all low settings and around 15 -20 fps maybe if your lucky.

Is there anyway to see your frames while in game at all.

FPS overlay is the only option atm.

Like fraps for example.

Also depends what else you have in your PC. 

I believe DayZ is pretty CPU dependent.

It is, like ALL other RV engine games :)

Edited by Byrgesen

I think you can get a trial version of either Fraps or Dxtory that will allow you to see your fps

There may also be a better way, but that is my suggestion.

I can run it on my laptop by pulling everything to the lowest settings possible & lowest resolution and it is playable. It's not beautiful, but it's playable.

I have a GeForce 610M.

I use afterburner + riva tuner statistics to fine tune my cards and monitor temp, usage and fps constantly. It takes a bit of tinkering to set all that up and I wouldn't recommend it for inpatient people.

I can run it on my laptop by pulling everything to the lowest settings possible & lowest resolution and it is playable. It's not beautiful, but it's playable.

I have a GeForce 610M.

thank you .can you maybe post the rest of your specs? and possibly fps

my specs are:

AMD FX 4300 quad core

8gb ram

gt 610

Mumble will give you an overlay option to see your FPS(It's like TS) I also use razer game booster to milk out a few extra FPS. I play the game with 20-25 frames and dip to about 15 frames inside big cities like elctro if there is a lot of commotion. You might be able to run the game, not very pretty or very nicely, but you might be able to play if you can bear with those kinda of frame rates.

I may be special or something, but i reach a stable 60 fps (in towns, eg. Cherno) with a Gigabyte OC GTX 670, i5 3570k ivy and 8gb of ram. 

Have you guys tried using the startup parameters/config optimizations?

I run a gtx 560m on a laptop with settings running the gamut from low to high. runs the mod very nice.

runs the alpher fair to good depending on laggy servers, (and a ton of other variables).  follow the user guides for optimization. don't be dissuaded.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz

4 GB DDR2 Ram

GForce 9600GT

I can run the game just fine at low settings with lower resolution. Ive capped my fps at 30 and it stays at 30 almost all the time, with only getting 20-30 in cities. Ill be  building a new rig next month though.

But for some strange reason I get much, much worse performance on the mod. 

Edited by overdosed