Sign in to follow this  
Randy_Pie

Battleye?!?

OK, me being totally new to the world of MMOs and DayZ (about 100h), I have never heared of this (or any other) anti-cheat-engine, and I have my concernes...

1. What does it exactly do? - does it scan my entire PC to search for programs it considers a trainer or something?! Or does it look if only the game itself was altered?
2. how safe is it? - what information about me does battleye gather? - how is it used?
3. How failsafe is it (in DayZ)? - I ask this, because ingame literary every 5 to 10 minutes the game says "player x was kicked by battleye" and I can't beliefe there's so many people trying to cheat... also theres many threads out there where player are complaining about being banned unrightful. Which are mostly very hypocritical...
4. What happens if you get banned? - I also heared Battleye doesn't even justify their decisions to ban someone, they just tell you to buy the game again. - Also I heared, your account then is blocked FOREVER with no chance of recovery.

5. Is it safe to play this game (in this aspect), considered it's an early alpha? - I don't want to have to buy the game again, just because of a bug...

I hope you can tell me my concerns are unnecessary ;)

Edit: I do approve of the use of anti-cheat software, to enhance the gameplay-experience and prevent cheating. As a matter of fact, I encourage Battleye so improve their software, and make games more enjoyable for honest players. (I was just concerned because the game is Alpha and buggy)

Edited by Randy_Pie

OK, me being totally new to the world of MMOs and DayZ (about 100h), I have never heared of this (or any other) anti-cheat-engine, and I have my concernes...

1. What does it exactly do? - does it scan my entire PC to search for programs it considers a trainer or something?! - if so, it's basically a virus... Or does it look if only the game itself was altered?

2. how safe is it? - what information about me does battleye gather? - how is it used?

3. How failsafe is it (in DayZ)? - I ask this, because ingame literary every 5 to 10 minutes the game says "player x was kicked by battleye" and I can't beliefe there's so many people trying to cheat... also theres many threads out there where player are complaining about being banned unrightful.

4. What happens if you get banned? - I also heared Battleye doesn't even justify their decisions to ban someone, they just tell you to buy the game again. - Also I heared, your account then is blocked FOREVER with no chance of recovery - all without justification.

5. Is it safe to play this game (in this aspect), considered it's an early alpha? - I don't want to have to buy the game again, just because of a bug...

1. No. And the fact that you call it a "trainer" makes me suspicious. Mostly only hackers that use these programs call them "TRAINERS'.

2. your game files, and steam id. that's it as far as I know.

3. Those frequent kicks you are seeing are probably battleye kicking players whose clients are not responding. They can easily join right back up.

I see this frequently. Have yet to see a hack kick or an actual hacker.

4. All correct, except for the part about the justification...

5. Battleye will not kick you because you clipped through a wall. It will kick you for running scripts or software that changes the game.

I am suspicious, OP.

It is a known fact that the people who sell these "hacks" encourage their users (via their website forums) to get on the game's forums and complain about "mass erroneous bans", or generally foment doubt in the program/people responsible for the kicks.

• Like 4

I know my questions might sound suspicious. - You can suspect me of being a hacker or something if you want to ;) (I never understood why they are called "trainers" though - a trainer/coach should help you get better, not work for you) actually, I don't even know what hackers do - Is it like you can't die or have endless ammo, - I find it hard to beliefe that's possible, because, as far as I know everything (loot, health) is basically computerized by the servers!?
All I can say is I am not. - I read a lot of threads on this topic to prevent myself being a victim of players who use such programs, so I am somewhat familiar with the terminology. Also I had friends in school who always used to brag about their "glorious" hack-attempts. That was almost 7 years ago, and I figured there might not have changed too much in that time.
The only games I occasionally cheat, are offline games, which encourage you to - like Elder Scrolls or Fallout (through console commands)
OK but that's off-topic

Oh, I didn't know it's a bad idea to ask such a question on the forum... I was just curious what's up with all that. All I know about Battleye, is what I've read in forums. And Yes - many threads do sound very hypocritical, and the only thing I was concerned about were the many in-game messages, about players being kicked.

So, as long as I don't have any other programs running than DayZ and Steam, There's no danger of being kicked by accident or a game-bug?! - good to know

Thanks anyway - You can delete this thread If you think its cheat-encouraging. - Which I don't want it to be!

Edited by Randy_Pie

1. No. And the fact that you call it a "trainer" makes me suspicious. Mostly only hackers that use these programs call them "TRAINERS'.2. your game files, and steam id. that's it as far as I know.3. Those frequent kicks you are seeing are probably battleye kicking players whose clients are not responding. They can easily join right back up.I see this frequently. Have yet to see a hack kick or an actual hacker.4. All correct, except for the part about the justification...5. Battleye will not kick you because you clipped through a wall. It will kick you for running scripts or software that changes the game.I am suspicious, OP.It is a known fact that the people who sell these "hacks" encourage their users (via their website forums) to get on the game's forums and complain about "mass erroneous bans", or generally foment doubt in the program/people responsible for the kicks.

Detective Kage.

1. What does it exactly do? - does it scan my entire PC to search for programs it considers a trainer or something?! Or does it look if only the game itself was altered?

3. How failsafe is it (in DayZ)? - I ask this, because ingame literary every 5 to 10 minutes the game says "player x was kicked by battleye" and I can't beliefe there's so many people trying to cheat... also theres many threads out there where player are complaining about being banned unrightful. Which are mostly very hypocritical...

4. What happens if you get banned? - I also heared Battleye doesn't even justify their decisions to ban someone, they just tell you to buy the game again. - Also I heared, your account then is blocked FOREVER with no chance of recovery.

Edit: I do approve of the use of anti-cheat software, to enhance the gameplay-experience and prevent cheating. As a matter of fact, I encourage Battleye so improve their software, and make games more enjoyable for honest players. (I was just concerned because the game is Alpha and buggy)

1. read the ToS for Battle Eye

2. read the ToS for Battle Eye

3. already addressed by Crazycage

4. Read the ToS for Battle Eye

5. already addressed by Crazycage

Todays lesson, if you'd like full and accurate information, goto the source.  Forums/interweb are full of hersay and theories.

• Like 1

Hello there

Worry not about Battleye.

If you don't cheat you shouldn't notice its there.

In all my years of using it, I've only had one instance where it dint update correct and I had to manually re install it which took me mere minutes to do.

Personally, I trust BE implicitly.

Rgds

LoK

OK, maybe I do worry too much... maybe I'll even contact Battleye to to dispell my concerns ;)

It's just like the time I got a speeding ticket, from a place I've never been, at a time I was at work, and noone wanted to tell me why I got it - it took me ages to prove it couldn't have been me who was speeding there. What I want to say is, no system is foolproof, no matter how much energy is put into it.

OK, maybe I do worry too much... maybe I'll even contact Battleye to to dispell my concerns ;)

Or read the ToS it's their legal disclaimer and any breech on their part would allow you to sue them so I'm pretty sure it will cover all bases.

It's just like the time I got a speeding ticket, from a place I've never been, at a time I was at work, and noone wanted to tell me why I got it - it took me ages to prove it couldn't have been me who was speeding there. What I want to say is, no system is foolproof, no matter how much energy is put into it.

Hello there

I would not bother contacting them to re assure you, that would waste both their time and yours.

Its like contacting your local Judge to see if he know the law.

BE dont ban at "random" or for "no reason".

There are far more productive things to worry about.

Rgds

LoK