dreamcast87

Other World War 2 weapons

Could we in the future get more of this era's weaponry and the attachments that accompany them? For example M1 Garand or M1903 Springfield for the USA, Kar98K for Germany and the Lee-Enfield for United Kingdom. Pistols, SMG, LMG or AR would be nice.

Other weapons are planned. Please read the development roadmap before posting. Do people seriously expect the SA to only have two primary weapons?

• Like 2

British an US WW2 guns have no logical reason for being  in Chernarus. German guns do

Museum and very low chance of spawn. It should be interesting.

• Like 1

Museum and very low chance of spawn. It should be interesting.

Yes. Mosin Nagants can be found. And Chernarus was part of the USSR, so I can see the Nazi Army having invaded during WW2

Woah please get your history right and Chernarus/Arma 2 'lore' as well! >:(

There have been many posts regarding new weapons etc and some of them are just not authentic. Most of the community agree that there should be a selection of weapons that should be along the lines of this:

:emptycan: There should be a supply of Civilian weapons that are common and are of Soviet/Russian/Eastern origin. This would include hunting rifles and bows, small caliber arms, personal defense weapons etc.

:emptycan: There should also be Military weapons that are uncommon (only spawn in Mil areas) and are of Soviet/Russian/Eastern origin. This would include the AK series, TT series, OT-s series etc.

:emptycan: Ok now any Western weapons or anything that doesn't fit into the Chernarussian landscape will be rare and can only be found in certain locations: Helicopter crash sites, western wrecks and vehicles etc. These would be scavenger or 'throw away weapons' that would be discarded after depletion of ammo. They could be scavenged for their western attachments and placed on an eastern weapon.

As to the OPs suggestion of adding more WW2 era weapons into the game, the US/UK weapons would be absurd and not authentic. As for the German weapons.. not so much either. But more Russian weapons like the already implemented Mosin would fit nicely. But remember authenticity. There are so many posts asking for more western weapons like in the Mod which kills immersion.

Hopefully the M4 and FNX become rare as the SA progresses. My two cents..

Sobaka

TYS

• Like 2

British an US WW2 guns have no logical reason for being  in Chernarus. German guns do

...except those taken from dead WW2 US and British soldiers fighting in Chernarus.

Wrong. The British handed Lee Enfields and other firearms to the solivets during WW2 and khyber pass copies of the Lee Enfield found their way to east Europe after the Solviet-Afgan war.

I only know of America leasing weapons and equipment to Russia and GB but that the Brits gave away their Enfields is news to me and i can't find any info about it or maybe the amount given is so small it wasn't worth mentioning? Or did you mean the old muskets?

Hello there

Enfields are everywhere as are MartiniHenrys and service revolvers etc. Think of them as the equivalent of AK's in their world distribution. 

With the Empire and the fall of it, older UK weapons are all over. You can still spot them in the news everynow and then.

Perhaps not as prevelant as AKs and their clones, but you get my drift :)

Rgds

LoK

Chernarus is right next to Takistan, which used Enfields in Arma 2, OA.  that's where the model in the mod came from. as far as I know, though, no Enfield No.4s were sent to Russia. maybe he means SMLEs during WWI?

But a Mauser was distributed X10 more, and virtually every country has used a Mauser at some point in time (Including Russia, Britain, US, CZ, ect). Maybe not a Kar98k, but something like this :

800px-Mauser_Kar._98k_hunting_rifle.jpg

800px-Gev%C3%A4r_m-1896_-_Modellexemplar799px-Mauser_m98.jpg

And the list goes on...

Other than that:

800px-Mosin-Nagant_karbin_m1938_Ryssland

799px-%D0%9E%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B7_7.6800px-Al_pps.jpgks-23_1_of_4.jpg

1873756.jpg(These can also mount PU scopes)
800px-M77B1.jpgmosinkokovasen1aw2.jpge59-15.jpgc0644334e219cada920aba556a2e92e5.jpgNagant%20revolver%20%20in%20crate%202.jp

Sorry for megapost,..

Sometimes they are just too old even if some are still available or used. Even in Africa where there are still a lot of StG44 or WW2 tanks they are more of a rarity than common, the market is just too flooded with AKs and RPGs which brings us back to western weapons in Chernarus. You have to consider the shifing of equipment on a global scale. Industrial nation A gets new gear and sells the old gear to lower economy country B, country B sells their old gear to third world country C and so on.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Except for M1911s, but you could hardly call the M1911 unique to WW2. 

Hey guys haven't checked back in a while. From the looks of the discussion Ameican and German weapons are a no go for realism. That's fine I do know that there will be more weapons added before the final release but would be nice to find a rare weapon once in a while like a few suggested maybe in a museum with a low spawn chance.

Hey guys haven't checked back in a while. From the looks of the discussion Ameican and German weapons are a no go for realism. That's fine I do know that there will be more weapons added before the final release but would be nice to find a rare weapon once in a while like a few suggested maybe in a museum with a low spawn chance.

Really? I'm pretty sure most would be fine with a Mauser 1898/KAR-98K, Walther P38, Mauser C96, Colt M1911, and possibly an MP-40 and StG-44.

Really? I'm pretty sure most would be fine with a Mauser 1898/KAR-98K, Walther P38, Mauser C96, Colt M1911, and possibly an MP-40 and StG-44.

Not any of the automatics.

And as for museums, 99 99% of guns in museums or deactivated, unless they're old, like bolt-actions, revolvers and muskets.

Nah it should be like in Demolition Man where Wesley Snipes get's a G11 "Lasergun" like 100 years in the future and it still works...museums don't store live ammo would be kind of stupid to store any amount in those buildings when you normally store them in bunkers. Even if you brought live ammo you would have to really be a) stupid b)ignorant or c)suicidal to use them in a museum piece that was stored for decades. In the least case they won't work if they took out the firing pins.