TrampledByTurtles

[Vehicle] News Van Idea

News Van Idea

News Van:

If a Zombie Apocalypse happened, every news team would be there in seconds. In movies, they are usually killed by zombies while trying to report the story. So what happens to the vans carrying their equipment? 

In DayZ the van could be used for a MCV (Mobile Communications Vehicle). This would allow the owner to easily pick up any radio chatter in Chernarus. The van should be able to make broadcasts to local radios and televisions (If it ever comes to that point). It could be used for long-ranged communications between team members. And like all cars in DayZ SA, there should be the ability to listen to the radio.

*Useful for streamers who want to communicate with viewers who are playing with them, without giving them unnecessary information.*

Spawns:

For DayZ SA I think there should be wrecked news vans that can spawn in the major cities. For example, it could spawn in Cherno by the the plane crash. When  the van spawns things that might spawn in or around it, like the press vest, would be perfect to find. You may also something to eat or drink. As suggested by NevadaDG, there may be corpses of soldiers, since the news crew may have been protected by the soldiers or may have been interviewing the soldiers.

Damaged State:

All vans will not be in a pristine state. The equipment should have static in the background ranging from quiet to loud based on quality of the equipment. If the equipment is ruined, it should be un-repairable and unusable, but driveable.

Repairing:

The van in general should be repairable just like any other vehicle in the future of DayZ SA. An item that should be set to spawn called "Scrap Electronics" that can be used to repair the communication equipment on the van, or to repair radios and walkie-talkies.

Scrap_Electronics.png

This is just a suggestion. Things can be changed to anything you would like. Criticism is allowed!

Edited by Zoey4Life
  • Like 10

Your idea is pure gold,however.....there are currently 0 vechicles in game,and it will take some time for them to be in the game.

Don't you think it's a little too early we start making vechicle suggestions?

• Like 1

Your idea is pure gold,however.....there are currently 0 vechicles in game,and it will take some time for them to be in the game.

Don't you think it's a little too early we start making vechicle suggestions?

I totally agree. I just wanted my idea somewhere were I can't forget it

• Like 1

Is the van important or do you just want a better radio?

Gooooood morning CHeeernarusss ! :D  Also yes radio communications must be deeper like this. Thers already walkie talkie in game but thers no effect or parasite when you talk :( 

• Like 3

Gooooood morning CHeeernarusss ! :D  Also yes radio communications must be deeper like this. Thers already walkie talkie in game but thers no effect or parasite when you talk :(

Yes Chernarus Radio show guy needs to be a thing

Now I'm not sure if this has been spoken of or talked about but I was reading another topic and had a pretty good idea.

Link to other topic: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165800-vehicle-news-van-idea/#entry1879387

Anyway, what if using the walkie talkies You could establish a channel or use a public one to talk between your friends. Now I'm pretty sure the last part was talked about but I'm not so sure about what's next. When the apocalypse started I'm sure all of the news channels wanted to cover it, so what happene to all their vans with radio equipment. I was thinking, maybe you

Could send the signals to the walkies and communicate through that. I don't know it seems like it could bring a tactical outcome.

Wow, I love the idea of a mobile, vehicle-based radio station. Can you even imagine? Let's say your signal radius would increase with elevation (i.e. driving up a hill)... Such possibilities! Very apocalypse! Wow.

• Like 1

Yeah, people are still talking about that topic so I'd just post there rather then start a whole new topic or get a mod to merge the topics. Also hey fellow Husker!  

Actually press aren't allowed to carry a firearm in war zones or foreign countries, they need to show that they remain neutral

• Like 3

i like this idea lot, i would really want to see this in the game, you got my beans.  :beans:  :thumbsup:

Actually press aren't allowed to carry a firearm in war zones or foreign countries, they need to show that they remain neutral

I was thinking the military knew something about the infection and gave them some self defense, seems legit?

I was thinking the military knew something about the infection and gave them some self defense, seems legit?

I don't think the military would hand out guns to the press regardless who desperate they got.

I don't think the military would hand out guns to the press regardless who desperate they got.

We'll never know. The Russian Military doesn't sound very structurally stable. That may just be the American in me speaking.

I searched "Russian New Truck" on google images in an attempt to get an idea of what they use.

SS-27_Stalin_Topol-M_RS-12M2_RT-2PM2_int

Apparently this.

• Like 3

I searched "Russian New Truck" on google images in an attempt to get an idea of what they use.

SS-27_Stalin_Topol-M_RS-12M2_RT-2PM2_int

Apparently this.

The Russians are pretty crafty, lol.

If it's humans vs zombies, do the press really need to be neutral?

"Let's get the story from the other point of view... Mr Zombie - can I call you that? - what exactly are the aims of your side's uprising?"

"RRRRrrrrrrrr"

"I see. And what do you say to claims that... OW! Hey now, biting isn't polite... No, get off... Get the fff... fuckoff..aaarrrrggghhhh...."

• Like 2

If it's humans vs zombies, do the press really need to be neutral?

"Let's get the story from the other point of view... Mr Zombie - can I call you that? - what exactly are the aims of your side's uprising?"

"RRRRrrrrrrrr"

"I see. And what do you say to claims that... OW! Hey now, biting isn't polite... No, get off... Get the fff... fuckoff..aaarrrrggghhhh...."

Lol, no, do you think it's JUST the Military fighting the zombies? No, there are others, russia has lots of gun-owners, press would probably be interviewing either the Military or Civilians, and not only that but they NEED to show they're neutral, they can't actually bring their own guns on a flgiht/ship anyway, Also the Russian Military doesn't have enough money to spare to hand out guns to press, come to think of it, no military does. 

A compromise to this is to put a dead Military soldier and a gun spawn point on him inside of the van

• Like 2

Lol, no, do you think it's JUST the Military fighting the zombies? No, there are others, russia has lots of gun-owners, press would probably be interviewing either the Military or Civilians, and not only that but they NEED to show they're neutral, they can't actually bring their own guns on a flgiht/ship anyway, Also the Russian Military doesn't have enough money to spare to hand out guns to press, come to think of it, no military does. 

A compromise to this is to put a dead Military soldier and a gun spawn point on him inside of the van

The russian military has plenty of Soviet guns left they could hand out.

But yeah i like the dead guy idea.