whi5kyjack

Hacks will destroy this game.

Already were starting to see hackers flooding in, reminding me why I stoped playing the mod. My last 3 deaths have been from being ported around with the last one being ported 50 feet in the air and falling to my death, the last thing I saw was the hacker waiting for me to hit the ground..

Its only a matter of time for ppl to get sick of wasting hours getting geared up only to die to blatant hacking, maybe like the mod ppl will need to play on whitelisted servers to have a chance of enjoying the game. Problem is, at the moment we cant even password servers to try and create protected communities.

• Like 1

Dude, when you encounter getting teleported into the air, instantly log out, simple as that. Oh, and by the way, play on protected official servers. I have yet to encounter a hacker.

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 1

Nah, hackers didn't ruin the mod. There were some hackers, but I've never, in my 500+ hours of playing, encountered more than one hacker. Yeah, ONE.

I also haven't met a single hacker in the SA yet.

Dude, when you encounter getting teleported into the air, instantly log out, simple as that. Oh, and by the way, play on protected official servers. I have yet to encounter a hacker.

Is it a matter of logging out immediately or disconnecting your internet connection? I have yet to encounter any script kiddies myself, but I want to be prepared for when I inevitably do.

Is it a matter of logging out immediately or disconnecting your internet connection? I have yet to encounter any script kiddies myself, but I want to be prepared for when I inevitably do.

Just ESC+ALT+F4.

This can of course only be done until combat logging gets fixed.

give it time, realize that there are three levels of things going on with the devs...

First monitoring whats been released, analyzing that data.

Thats what we play and they test.

Second, the known bugs and the bugs we find...

Thats 'us' griping about bugs and content suggestions.

Third, what they are planning on putting in.

Thats them changing priorities based on first and second and what the data says.

Now all three of these things are separate, yet flow together...

Separate as much as our perspective of only getting the 'released' part.

in other words... ALPHER.

Please OP have confidence and enjoy life. Dont go to the Debbie Downer School of thought like others. Everything is going to be okay and shall work itself out.

The only hack I've yet been victimized by has actually cropped up on two occasions, where someone has managed to turn their Mosin into a machine gun with seemingly unending ammo capacity. There have been some other suspicious incidents, but I can only point to them as suspicious as opposed to blatant hacking, and in any case, I'm more than happy to have them burn all their tricks during the alpha, before the retail launch. It's annoying that I have to plod back through servers and make the NWAF gauntlet run, but I can't call it the ruination of the game; it's an annoyance, plain and simple. If it means they show their collective hands while the game is still in early development, I'm willing to put up with the frustration. :)

• Like 1

Already were starting to see hackers flooding in, reminding me why I stoped playing the mod. My last 3 deaths have been from being ported around with the last one being ported 50 feet in the air and falling to my death, the last thing I saw was the hacker waiting for me to hit the ground..

Its only a matter of time for ppl to get sick of wasting hours getting geared up only to die to blatant hacking, maybe like the mod ppl will need to play on whitelisted servers to have a chance of enjoying the game. Problem is, at the moment we cant even password servers to try and create protected communities.

Why is it that for some people every single problems find it's solution in private servers? DayZ SA is barely past the functional proof of concept stage and you expect them to already work on anti cheat features?

• Like 1

I think 1 month (or just over) is a maaaaybe a little early to say "hacks will kill this game" lol. Yes its frustrating but so is lack of features, but like those will come with time, im sure hackers will fade with time. Signing up for an alpha is kinda saying you will put up with it for a chance to watch the game grow :) 

• Like 1

Hi.

Of course cheating will ruin your experience.

I guess I've been lucky so far in SA. In the mod I saw plenty of it, teleporting, mass killing, city&airfield nuking, etc, etc. Even on whitelisted servers lol.

Since SA doesn't work on the cd-key system, at least they should get perma-banned. Well, at least the ones who aren't willing to buy the game again, and again.

Regards.

Well now chicken little, games been out for about a month now, in early alpha. Take your craziness elsewhere. Hacks will destroy any game that those in charge have given up on. This one seems alive and well eh?

You know what will help? That one "system" in Infestation that made items spawn in "inaccessible" places in which players would grab and get banned. But of course, these items can be grabbed through walls and roofs! /s

Edited by AntonioAJC

Hackers in online games! Oh noes!  BI should ask EA and Activision how they got rid of hackers in Battlefield and Call of Duty with their gazillions of dollars.  What...?  They didn't?!  Punkbuster works for crap?  You're kidding me!

Hacks are what made me quit day z mod. They are starting to become more frequent in day z game. I wish they could come up with a solution. I understand it's difficult if not impossible but rocket said they've basically been trying to make the skeletal system of the engine secure for the past 2 years. Has 2 years of work been undone in one month?

I say fix it like magic johnson fixed his aids.

Now now, lets not flame the OP as he's got a point. The forums are already starting to flood with hack reports and it will only get worse before it gets better.

Yeah its only a matter of time before BE and VAC catch up but lets be honest here....why introduce new content etc in the next patch when the content we currently have isnt locked down securely.

These weak spots should be the first priority to be fixed and then build upwards from a solid foundation.

The more content that gets added the longer the code becomes which will present more vulnerabilities in the source....making it harder for the implementation of fixes as the weak spots will be buried deeper.

What they should be doing is purchasing any known hacks, see how they are injected and fixing the code to put a stop to it.

Now now, lets not flame the OP as he's got a point. The forums are already starting to flood with hack reports and it will only get worse before it gets better.

Yeah its only a matter of time before BE and VAC catch up but lets be honest here....why introduce new content etc in the next patch when the content we currently have isnt locked down securely.

These weak spots should be the first priority to be fixed and then build upwards from a solid foundation.

The more content that gets added the longer the code becomes which will present more vulnerabilities in the source....making it harder for the implementation of fixes as the weak spots will be buried deeper.

What they should be doing is purchasing any known hacks, see how they are injected and fixing the code to put a stop to it.

this sounds simple and effective.. do they not do this already?