Zedicologist

10 min body despawn?

Well its pretty obv they done it to help performance ...but we are giving them valid reasons why they shouldn't be cutting corners to get a tiny bit of performance by removing bodies after 10 mins as it causes fucks with gameplay too much ...like i said in my other post about group fights ....it fucks the reward of getting gear after a long fight because the bodies dissapear by the time the fight ends.

Also may i add ...dead bodies are a great clue to what has happened in the area the bodies is ....it shows that someone may be close  ...or camping a certain area and shit. So stupid and unrealistic to have the bodies dissapear after 10 mins.

Its not a end all be all thing they did to help performance... Server stability and such has and always will be their first and foremost thing they will have to focus on and even more so as they go forward and only add items to their global figure count.. Eventually, when they figure out Zombie/Zed/Zombwads spawning/scripting/AI and Loot respawning, vehicles. Everything that will contribute how the server reacts and performs will be involved. Currently with this addition of enhancements there has not been a great detail of server upside... So I am sure in order to balance the CURRENT situation they have reduced body despawn to 10minutes. This is to ONLY reduce torque on the servers that could be caused from bodies piling up over time and things not being organized enough to handle it at the moment. I doubt they plan to have corpses only last 10 minutes total. We all need patience, you not being able to loot your dead body you want to hump in less then ten minutes will not help the game unless you understand why it is only ten minutes.

• Like 1

Well did not see anyone mention it so I'll say it, Rocket said it is just temporary fix. You can read it on his twitter.

Right? Seems obvious :(

Edited by Dontstealmycheese
  • Like 1

So my option 1 i made would be agreeable with you then ??? it doesnt conflict with any of you ideas you have expressed..... OR is  there another reason you want it one way ( its how i like to play etc get my buddies gaurd my body so i can gear up ) its fine if thats what you want express that do not express something as a reason not to say you cant fix it when well you can to a certain extent lol .

I am not against people wishing the game there way but be honest in your arguements is all...

If i where to choose what comes closest to what i think its your option 1 yes.

• Like 1

Its not a end all be all thing they did to help performance... Server stability and such has and always will be their first and foremost thing they will have to focus on and even more so as they go forward and only add items to their global figure count.. Eventually, when they figure out Zombie/Zed/Zombwads spawning/scripting/AI and Loot respawning, vehicles. Everything that will contribute how the server reacts and performs will be involved. Currently with this addition of enhancements there has not been a great detail of server upside... So I am sure in order to balance the CURRENT situation they have reduced body despawn to 10minutes. This is to ONLY reduce torque on the servers that could be caused from bodies piling up over time and things not being organized enough to handle it at the moment. I doubt they plan to have corpses only last 10 minutes total. We all need patience, you not being able to loot your dead body you want to hump in less then ten minutes will not help the game unless you understand why it is only ten minutes.

Its not about looting my own body as yes i should be able to as im a "new person" when i respawn.....its the way it effects game play such as no reward for group fights that last over 10 mins as the body dissapears during the fight like i said....and the other stuff like dead bodies gives clues. Its just a stupid idea to have bodies dissapear at all ...fuck performance ...not like they will gain much from removing bodies ...infact in my time playing the latest test patch i haven't seen any client or server performance increase ....so that from that what u will .

Edited by Massicor

Its not about looting my own body as yes i should be able to as im a "new person" when i respawn.....its the way it effects game play such as no reward for group fights that last over 10 mins as the body dissapears during the fight like i said....and the other stuff like dead bodies gives clues.

CAPS LOCK: Its not the final version that is going to be always in the game. It's only in this patch to affect server issues handling bodies.It WILL be different when server stability is fully optimized. Please Comprehend. Thanks.

Edited by Dontstealmycheese

Bodies should despawn atleast 2 hours after.

If the devs are running into the problem of having too many people suicide then penalties those players, make it so if it detects they killed themselves shortly after spawning they cant play for a few hours.

Personally, i like the idea and hate it. I think if you die, you and only you shouldn't be able to see or loot your dead body. I think it should disappear when you spawn back in for you, but your body should stay there for everyone else to loot until server restart or whatever. Its kind of neat, and sometimes helpful, to go into a town and see a dead body laying there. Helps you know to be even more cautious.

Bodies should despawn atleast 2 hours after.

If the devs are running into the problem of having too many people suicide then penalties those players, make it so if it detects they killed themselves shortly after spawning they cant play for a few hours.

That doesn't fix the overall problem and is only a band-aid for the real problem. Suicide exists because there is no reason not to(to try and reach an optimal spawn point)..and I agree that is also a problem. There also wouldn't be a way to detect if a person killed themselves versus an accident(falling off a cliff running or such).  Bodies in the current build will be despawning after ten minutes because of most likely server issues. Once they optimize loot spawning/vehicles/zeds/ and everything else that is handled server side, you will be seeing very large and proportionate player spawning, corpse decomposing, and even zed timers. You are all once again freaking about a test number that is a place-holder.

CAPS LOCK: Its not the final version that is going to be always in the game. It's only in this patch to affect server issues handling bodies.It WILL be different when server stability is fully optimized. Please Comprehend. Thanks.

I know this^^^ but this topic is about body despawn with this test patch ....and we are discussing the despawn as it is actually a topic people have brought up before about lowering the time bodies take to dissapear ...so it doesn't matter if this is a temp fix ...we are still discussing the possibility of this being permanent in future. Comprehend please.

• Like 1

So is 10 min too short of a time for this?  With a 10 min body despawn, this means there is hardly any chance of you actually recovering your body.  I welcome this change, considering it will make the game harder.  Cause as of right now, if one of our squad members die during a gunfight, we just set up a perimeter around the area and wait for him to return to loot his body.  Instantly geared up again.  

You're still going to be able to pick up their essential items they will need but atleast you wont be able to get all of it.  Although this change is going to suck lol i think its for the best.   Im loving the new things coming to the game in the next patch!!!!  

Sawed-off shotty FTW.

despawning is horrible cause it makes the game feel more gamey...not to mentions makes hide body utterly pointless for the most part. i hope they are only adding the despawn in for server performance

I think its stupid ...the whole point of a person dieing and respawning is that they are essentially a new person and should be able to loot there previous dead body. Bodies should be there till server restart.

Also what about group fights? they can last a long time and basically you dont get the reward because the bodies dissapear by the time the fight is over.

It would add a whole new dimension to group fights. Group fights would become more intense. It would create a sense of urgency that we now have a limited amount of time to achieve the objective of looting. Tactics would have to change on the fly. Use suppressing fire, better pre fight planning ect.

PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, 
PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, 
PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, 

ADD Kiddos.

PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, PLACEHOLDER, 

ADD Kiddos.

This ^

Dean isn't an idiot, we all know that. While 10 minutes is very short and completely ruins the aspect of long group fights (I had a group fight with my team for over an hour yesterday in KAMYSHOVO!), it's also a PLACEHOLDER!

The servers are lagging; We all know the servers suck right now and no one wants to play on laggy servers. Temporary fix? Remove dead bodies. You all seem to prefer perma-bodies over fixed servers? This will most likely just stay here until they find the real problem behind the servers (which would include rubber-banding, "RECEIVING", etc.).

"but I'm not lagging! These servers are perfect for me!" Good for you! Sadly, not everyone is having the same luck, and they're aiming for the majority of player's here. 

Anyway; Didn't anyone play DarkRP on Garry's Mod?! NLR - New Life Rule; It was a rule implemented to allow admins to ban any player that came back to the location they died at for revenge, reinforcements, etc... It's supposed to be realistic! If I died IRL and was reincarnated, the chance of me wandering back to some weapon arsenal with vehicles and money that I had personally stored in my previous life would be such a small percentage! Therefore; the chance of you getting a good spawn and being able to get back to your body in time should also be a small percentage! :D 

Either way; ALPHER PLACEHOLDER!