G-h0p

Helping is nice....

you sound so awesome.  Once I get more experienced, I would love to be helpful to others.   Right now, the only thing i can do is hand over a few extra cans of food that i have in my bags or help someone open theirs lol.   I'm naturally a helpful person and could not be ungrateful and manipulative even online.  good for you man. 

• Like 1

Im currently nearly dead and hoping some friend logs on tonight and fixes me up. (as i have the medicine saline,IV starter,and syringe,blood test,blood bag). i know there are good hearted souls out there, but alas there are also the ones that would rather take my beaten up mosin scoped with bi-pod ( nothing over worn quality) and gear. as much as i want to trust other fellow survivors. i just cant seem to break from the habit of become as small as possible when i see another intrepid explorer.

as far as helping others, when our group is online we do tend to help news pawners or people that ask for assistance, when in a group its easy to do and less threatening when we have somebody with guns trained on them incase they get all rambo. but as a solo dude i wouldnt dare try to help as much due to knot knowing if im being "suckered" in to an early respawn.

so kudos to the OP and may your trust be re-instated soon :). 

My character is all geared up, military everything. I have 2 first aid kits, 3 canteen, 2 protective cases with anti-biotics, painkillers, morphine, epi pens, food to spare. Hours of looting.

I made my way back to Berezino, hoping to find fresh spawners... help them finding the water pumps, give them a canteen, food, clean rags... find an axes, weapons... well you catch my drift.

I met with 3 guys at the construction site, sneaked up on them, they had no idea I was there and took control... pointing my pristine everything M4 at them. They complied with my directions and soon I was helping them looting, teaching them about what places are good for looting and what not. All was well.

I lost connection so I changed servers... found a new spawner and I picked up where I had left. I gave him water, found a backpack, a fire axe for him. I showed him around town... I always guided him and stayed on his 6.

After 30 mins of successful looting with him, he struggled with a couple zombies and he was bleeding heavily... 

That<s where I made the mistake of bandaging him instead of giving him the bandage... LOL

Needless to say, I let my guard down for one minute and that's all it took for him to chop me down with the axe I found for him.

I am now debating if I will ever help a young Bambi...I will never bandage anyone again that's for sure.

Well enjoy my gear young baby, I'm sure you look sharp!

Karma is a bitch though... and I will find you....

Really sorry to hear that.  It sucks that there are people out there who can actually do that after you help them.  I really hope that they're a rare breed.  I consider myself bambi-ish and would hope that you would continue to help people and fight the good fight.  Don't let one person change your mentality of being a genuine good person who wants to help.  

you sound so awesome.  Once I get more experienced, I would love to be helpful to others.   Right now, the only thing i can do is hand over a few extra cans of food that i have in my bags or help someone open theirs lol.   I'm naturally a helpful person and could not be ungrateful and manipulative even online.  good for you man. 

I'm the same way. Even if it means getting killed occasionally, at least I died with some of my humanity in tact. I'd rather die like a man than live like a beast slaughtering everything I can.