Sign in to follow this  
BlindOldMan

Most important bug for me, must have been fixed before they add more zeds/ walker

So I spent a few days and a very big part of every day now on the SA.

I was very sceptic, if it will bring me fun.

But for now I can say: It's really really good work up to now.

One thing that I really don't like atm are the zeds.

Okay, with an axe, you can get rid of them easily, but in the game I miss the more realistic actions of them.

The distance, from they can see you for me is too big. 

Most unrealistic is, that they can walk through walls, fences and other things.

When they get attention of me on a road or in front of a house and I run in that house, closing the door, there

must be no chance for them, getting in. That would be realistic. They could stay in front, but not get in. 

When I jump over a fence, they must been stopped by that fence,, trying getting over it.

So I think most important for me is to work on their actions, before adding more of them. 

Pro tip: Side strafe and swing your weapon (or fist) to the opposite direction you strafed.. Zombtards won't be able to hit you but you can hit them.

But yes, those bugs need to be fixed. Dev team is aware of it and working on it.. don't worry.

• Like 4

I don't think zombies should be stopped by a door, but I don't think they should walk through walls either. Ideally I'd love to see them rip the door down.

can a woman, your average dude or most of the feeble kids here rip a door down? I don't think so, even less so when they are rotting away.

If there 4 or 5 zeds leaning up against a door, then fair enough.

I do agree that they need to be fixed, but we do not know how the development process works.  I have no clue how to make a game like this, but common sense tells me that certain things take longer for a programer to fix than other things.   This would explain why licking a battery would be done before larger things.  Just imagine you got a couple of guys that do the zed fix, but it takes a couple of weeks.  Then you got a single guy that can get the shotgun in the next week.  Its not like they have a shopping list and can just put what they want at the top, and it will be fixed in that order.  Again I have no clue what is going on, but I imagine this is why things the community thinks should be fixed first is not.

can a woman, your average dude or most of the feeble kids here rip a door down? I don't think so, even less so when they are rotting away.

Most people can't because at a certain point they experience pain which stops them. If you experience no pain, it's truely incredible the immense amount of strength humans can summon, albeit only once because things break/tear after such an effort.

• Like 1

The Zombies are not "rotting". They are infected similar to the Rage Virus in "28 Days Later". I am an average dude and I can easily break down the average house door and have. Unless the door has a reinforced frame most average people can kick it in with a bit of effort. Locks only keep honest people out. 

Oh, and for the OP:

It's an Early Alpha, the zombie code is not in yet. Wait for it. 

Edited by Mercules
  • Like 2

This is the thing I hate most about zombies at this time, and when all the crucial stuff has been fixed I hope the zombies are made to sense the way they do in the mod. I miss having the option to sneak around them (even right by them, if prone and in good cover such as long grass) instead of sighing and hitting them with an axe every time they see me from a mile away.

Zombies in general don't feel pain, therefore, they can bring down wooden doors. We humans cannot because punching a door a lot would bring in a whole lot of freaking pain :P

I don't think pain is the limiting factor on a persons ability to break down a door.  Actually taking a door down with your hands, especially an outward opening door from the outside, requires intelligence, tools, and a strategy.  A zombie isn't going to know to take a running start or to work at a weak spot.  If you have zombies doing that, then you need to change a whole lot about how their AI functions in the open fields and such as well.

I do miss the Crawlers and the Hoppers and I really hope they make a return in the future. There was just something "wrong" about the the way the hoppers hopped along - very creepy. I loved they way they'd stop on spotting you and run after you like gorillas - fantastic.

Also will the Jamie Hyneman zombies return???

I'm ok with their long range vision and I can see in the future it's going to be quite tricky staying alive with more zombies spawning and spotting you from a distance.

At the moment if a zombie comes after me in a house I exit the house and take care of him/her/it. I can't be doing with the old gunshot sounds on a miss hit inside a building.

Not sure if it's viable but a door eventually being broken down by a zombie would be cool.

I'll not be sad to see the current floor swimmers/ankle biters (bugged zombies inside houses) go though.

So I spent a few days and a very big part of every day now on the SA.

I was very sceptic, if it will bring me fun.

But for now I can say: It's really really good work up to now.

One thing that I really don't like atm are the zeds.

Okay, with an axe, you can get rid of them easily, but in the game I miss the more realistic actions of them.

Most unrealistic is, that they can walk through walls, fences and other things.

When they get attention of me on a road or in front of a house and I run in that house, closing the door, there

must be no chance for them, getting in. That would be realistic. They could stay in front, but not get in. 

When I jump over a fence, they must been stopped by that fence,, trying getting over it.

So I think most important for me is to work on their actions, before adding more of them. 

It's almost as if you have no knowledge of the search function whatsoever.  This has been discussed literally 1000 times.

• Like 1

The Zombies are not "rotting". They are infected similar to the Rage Virus in "28 Days Later". I am an average dude and I can easily break down the average house door and have. Unless the door has a reinforced frame most average people can kick it in with a bit of effort. Locks only keep honest people out. 

Oh, and for the OP:

It's an Early Alpha, the zombie code is not in yet. Wait for it. 

This.. I am a fairly average sized guy. 5'9", about 170.. And I can kick most common doors down with little to no effort.. In fact, the heavier the door, the easier, since you're actually forcing the weight of the door to slam into the frame, which just bust the frame out unless (as stated in this post), the frame is reinforced. Dead bolt locks don't make a difference.

Edited by Etherimp

A standard door hmm yeah i wouldnt rip it down but i sure as hell can kick in a standard wooden front door may take a few kicks ( but it is experience that allows me to know how to do it ) as a zed i wouldnt have that experience instead i have no pain and am amped up with rage ( most likely making me tap the animal strength that humans do havee but dont access oh being civilised lol )

At 6'4 and flickering around the 130 to 140 kilo mark(about 300 pounds no im not fat well not overly lol ) zed me is going to charge that door down and shatter it maybe in one hit maybe in a few ( but as i have no inteligence at all as a zed i would have a chance to splating my brains while doing this.

Conclusion a single zombie would be able to go through a standard wooden door ( these are fast moving not the slow romero zeds) but it may take a few hits ( imagine the tension hear the loud smash of a zed hitting a door) but it should give the zed the chance to well kill itself by bashing its own brains in while raging on the door.. If something like this was implemented then further should be done in regards to barricading doors so much could be done in this regard.

But at very least they will fix zed ghosting lol and it may end up with zeds merely opening the doors to get at you ( i hope for more but could live with this)

Edit remember there is no rotting zeds they arent the undead type zeds they are infact living people with an infection aka 28 days style zed.. very different creature indeed.

Edited by SoulFirez

A standard door hmm yeah i wouldnt rip it down but i sure as hell can kick in a standard wooden front door may take a few kicks ( but it is experience that allows me to know how to do it ) as a zed i wouldnt have that experience instead i have no pain and am amped up with rage ( most likely making me tap the animal strength that humans do havee but dont access oh being civilised lol )

At 6'4 and flickering around the 130 to 140 kilo mark(about 300 pounds no im not fat well not overly lol ) zed me is going to charge that door down and shatter it maybe in one hit maybe in a few ( but as i have no inteligence at all as a zed i would have a chance to splating my brains while doing this.

Conclusion a single zombie would be able to go through a standard wooden door ( these are fast moving not the slow romero zeds) but it may take a few hits ( imagine the tension hear the loud smash of a zed hitting a door) but it should give the zed the chance to well kill itself by bashing its own brains in while raging on the door.. If something like this was implemented then further should be done in regards to barricading doors so much could be done in this regard.

But at very least they will fix zed ghosting lol and it may end up with zeds merely opening the doors to get at you ( i hope for more but could live with this)

Edit remember there is no rotting zeds they arent the undead type zeds they are infact living people with an infection aka 28 days style zed.. very different creature indeed.

Yeah, it's much easier to kick a door right next to the handle to kick it in, but the same concept works by just throwing your entire body weight against the door repeatedly to splinter the wooden frame and eventually knock it down.