Sign in to follow this  
Zeeb (DayZ)

<<<< Grass density needs to be improved. >>>>

Well in simple terms;

When you use the M4 its harder to kill prone targets in the fields since they hide in grass, generally speaking.
When you use Mosin its easier to kill targets from a distance since grass do not render from far away.

I know they want to avoid to render grass at such distances because of performance issues, but they have to find a solution that allows grass to render at the same distance buildings and other stuff does.
It is way too easy to kill targets from far away at the moment and I hope this is something they will work on.

Please refrain from "It is alpha" comments, since the very first message that appears when starting the game is a warning about alpha stage, but trolls will be trolling.
So well, what do you think?

Edited by Zeeb
  • Like 1

I wonder if it is possible to set grass rendering on like 600 meters.

Now it is only at 150 meters.

Not sure but, I think they fixed that problem in Arma 3 by making players that are far away from you "sink" in the ground a little bit so you can't see them too easily, i'd have to find the source of this however.

I don't see why this could not happen in DayZ SA, this is defenitly something the developers have to consider.

• Like 3

I think you make the incorrect assumption that the M4 should be similar to the Mosin.

Let's not forget that the M4 is a close to medium range weapon, compared to the long to very long range of the mosin. As well as one gun being semi-automatic and the other fully automatic. The point is that even with how grass works right now, they both have their intended purpose and it's not really that big of a problem.

P.S. if you use <<<< >>>> to mark your post, you just makes it seem like you crave for attention.

Edited by Ghostflux
  • Like 1

I think add some wind. Chernarus must have a giant glass dome around it. Sniping at long range will be a bit more difficult if the wind is pushing your bullets 1-2 meters off target vs 1-2 cm at closer ranges.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 4

If you're far enough away that the grass isn't rendering, then hitting whatever target with you're Mosin is going to require a bit of knowledge and some skill. It isn't just aiming and shooting. I understand what you're saying and I get it, but I do not think it is currently imbalanced

I think you make the incorrect assumption that the M4 should be similar to the Mosin.

Let's not forget that the M4 is a close to medium range weapon, compared to the long to very long range of the mosin. As well as one gun being semi-automatic and the other fully automatic. The point is that even with how grass works right now, they both have their intended purpose and it's not really that big of a problem.

P.S. if you use <<<< >>>> to mark your post, you just makes it seem like you crave for attention.

Uhhm, so which weapons is the semi here? Dude, you have no clue.

The "sinking into the ground" feature of A2 and A3 work terribly, and an alternative should be considered. Somebody suggested modifying the persons alpha coverage at longer distances, I have yet to see this beeing implemented

I tried to hit a steady target from about 600 meters. Not 1 of the 10 bullets i fired hit him, although the zeroing and aiming was right. It just hit somewhere to the left or right from him, for some reason. Probably because it's actually hard to hit a target at that range in real life.

Edited by Greaves
  • Like 1

Uhhm, so which weapons is the semi here? Dude, you have no clue.

The "sinking into the ground" feature of A2 and A3 work terribly, and an alternative should be considered. Somebody suggested modifying the persons alpha coverage at longer distances, I have yet to see this beeing implemented

If you're going to quote me and tell me I have no clue. Then please have the courtesy to properly explain why, otherwise it just makes you seem like an even bigger fool.

remove any weapon that is reliable beyond 100m problem solved. =)

• Like 1

remove any weapon that is reliable beyond 100m problem solved. =)

word.

<<<< Let me worry about that. >>>>

<<<< Ok? >>>>

Well in simple terms;

When you use the M4 its harder to kill prone targets in the fields since they hide in grass, generally speaking.

When you use Mosin its easier to kill targets from a distance since grass do not render from far away.

I know they want to avoid to render grass at such distances because of performance issues, but they have to find a solution that allows grass to render at the same distance buildings and other stuff does.

It is way too easy to kill targets from far away at the moment and I hope this is something they will work on.

Please refrain from "It is alpha" comments, since the very first message that appears when starting the game is a warning about alpha stage, but trolls will be trolling.

You are comparing a carbine to a long rifle.

You are comparing 5.56 to 7.62

You are comparing select fire to bolt action.

What, the only two primaries in the game, and the M4 should be OP?

They have roles now, the carbine is for CQB and Mosin is for sniping.

Edited by Space Milk

I tried to hit a steady target from about 600 meters. Not 1 of the 10 bullets i fired hit him, although the zeroing and aiming was right. It just hit somewhere to the left or right from him, for some reason. Probably because it's actually hard to hit a target at that range in real life.

Shouldnt matter really, if your zeroing is perfect and you're right on target, the bullet should hit, I actually have no idea why they made the guns inaccurate, maybe they thought "Hey I got an idea to remove random kos, lets make the guns inaccurate so people have a bigger chance to survive!" and along with that they retardedly jumped on the troll train.

Well that is my guess.

You are comparing a carbine to a long rifle.

You are comparing 5.56 to 7.62

You are comparing select fire to bolt action.

What, the only two primaries in the game, and the M4 should be OP?

They have roles now, the carbine is for CQB and Mosin is for sniping.

You clearly missed the point of the whole thread, but keep trying, maybe next time you'll hit the jackpot!

I don't.... I mean.... Go get some marksman training then come back with an opinion that makes sense OP. Besides just use your mega sprint and zig zag... dont go prone when fired on by a sniper, sprint like crazy or get behind solid cover.

• Like 1

Why does people on this forum constantly miss the points of the threads? Where does all these mentally challenged people come from? Basements?

You clearly missed the point of the whole thread, but keep trying, maybe next time you'll hit the jackpot!

lol you are missing the point of what I and others are saying.

Keep trying, you might hit the jackpot!

Why does people on this forum constantly miss the points of the threads? Where does all these mentally challenged people come from? Basements?

People are comparing the Mosin and the M4 and telling you why they aren't imbalanced. Not quite sure where the discrepancy is? Is that not what this thread is about?

<<<< Let me worry about that. >>>>

<<<< Ok? >>>>

How very rebellious of you. /facepalm

Probably because of your inability to make the correct assumptions based on the subject that you are discussing. It's like asking people to follow your logic when it isn't logical.

• Like 1

lol you are missing the point of what I and others are saying.

Keep trying, you might hit the jackpot!

I'm done, I can't deal with these retards anymore..

computer-out-window.jpg

Edited by Zeeb
  • Like 1

How very rebellious of you. /facepalm

Probably because of your inability to make the correct assumptions based on the subject that you are discussing. It's like asking people to follow your logic when it isn't logical.

Move along troll.

Plz?

Edited by Zeeb
Be very careful, Zeeb. Dont do it again
  • Like 1

If you're going to quote me and tell me I have no clue. Then please have the courtesy to properly explain why, otherwise it just makes you seem like an even bigger fool.

We're talking about the mosin and the M4, and how grass renders in the distance.

Then you come along, talking about semi-automatics, and why not to use <<<>>>>

#1 There are no semi-automatics in the game.

#2 <<<Everyone has the right to use these how they want>>> <<<They look better than full stops anyways>>>

• Like 1

The M4 is either semi or full. The mosin is neither, being a bolt-action rifle.