Sign in to follow this  
austen.fart@gmail.com

Is It Necessary?

Why the hell would you KOS a unarmed player... All you people trying to come up with excuses why you KOS are pathetic and your just a nimrod!

Unarmed = no threat 

And if your saying that you're intimidated by an unarmed player and you think I'am going to believe you, your idiot.. seriously people.. quit killing fresh spawns/ unarmed people.

Okay yea it might be funny to you but killing unarmed players serve you no reputation once so ever!

That's like a guy bragging about beating up a girl.. Your not cool, our not strong, your just pathetic.. 

• Like 2

I agree with you man. If you boil the game down to basics, you have to "survive". If it wasn't for the asshat players that think it's a deathmatch arma mod, you can literally run into the middile of the woods, never EVER see a zombie, and sit there. No need to light a fire, you just need 1 can of food per day. So, you don't really need many resources to survive, and zombies are hilariously thin in numbers. So there is no excuse for looting players for food or guns, either.

You don't need guns, or much food; you don't need to shoot zombies, or anything really to survive. I am actually thinking of making a server to play on just for myself so I can play a more single player "zombie survival" match myself :)

The amount of times I've snuck up fresh spawn on a fully geared player and knocked him unconcious then stole his gun to kill him, I'd say yes, even a fresh spawn is a threat. But that's like just my opinion man.

• Like 4

You have to remember that every single other player is ultimately competing for the same resources as you.

To use the mod as an example, vehicles were quite rare. Rare enough that most players could play for 6 months and never see one unless they knew exactly where to look (the middle of the woods). And I think it's safe to say that given the choice between no car and having a car almost everyone would pick the car. Now, let's say you're a guy who already has a car. Having a car gives you a pretty big advantage in finding more cars (just like having a gun makes it safer to look airfields to get more guns). The natural course of action is to take your advantage and abuse it to keep as many of the scarce resources for yourself as possible.

At one point on a private hive me and my friends frequented we had 4 helicopters, one DShKM, one PKM technical, 3 Urals, 6 hummers, 4 pedal bikes, 6 motor bikes, you get the idea. We kept hoarding until someone made a post on the server admin's forums complaining that US 6 didn't have a single vehicle on it. And then we hoarded some more. We didn't do it just to be mean, we did it to be practical. If you have a helicopter you can find every single wilderness camp within an hour. The fewer vehicles other people have A) the less likely they are to find our super camp because no one wants to search the wilderness on foot and B) the less likely they are to find new vehicles at spawns. So instead of searching for weeks again after losing one car, we just took the 15 minutes to find and steal one at a time so when we died we just ran back to camp.

The point is:

People kill new spawns because even though they aren't an immediate threat, they are a definite competition for resources and may one day BECOME a major threat if you let them have said resources.

It's simply logical to abuse your advantage to put others at a disadvantage as it can only further your interests. Making a comparison to spousal abuse makes you sound like a whiny bitch. Not to mention we all know at one point you've killed a bambi. Everyone has. And you probably didn't think twice about it.

• Like 6

While I don't go around KoSing newspawns or anything, they are definitely a threat now with punching.  More than once I have been chased and chased by someone I decided to leave alone until I finally get sick of it and turn/shoot to end it.  The only time I don't KoS anymore is if I see somebody that isn't a threat and they don't see me, I will slip the other direction or find a good hiding spot and try to talk to them.  But I do agree fully that anyone actually bragging about killing newspawns is a complete douche ... it's just sometimes necessary.

How can you be 100% sure that a unarmed guy doesn't have a pistol in his backpack?

• Like 4

Tell me what should I do, search for mushrooms? Pick up some flowers? Lol people do it for fun I do it sometimes but I'm friendly too :)

How can you be 100% sure that a unarmed guy doesn't have a pistol in his backpack?

I have a pistol in my back all times when I re-spawn. OP welcome to Day Z and just deal with it. Too many people are starting their RAGE threads just because you experience a part of the game you don't like doesn't mean you can make another complaint about a survival instinct game. I suggest staying in the treeline and paying more attention to your surrounds. If you would like I can teach you the game :P

Unarmed = no threat

Not quite.

Knock%20Out(1).jpg

• Like 2

Why the hell would you KOS a unarmed player... All you people trying to come up with excuses why you KOS are pathetic and your just a nimrod!

Unarmed = no threat 

And if your saying that you're intimidated by an unarmed player and you think I'am going to believe you, your idiot.. seriously people.. quit killing fresh spawns/ unarmed people.

Okay yea it might be funny to you but killing unarmed players serve you no reputation once so ever!

That's like a guy bragging about beating up a girl.. Your not cool, our not strong, your just pathetic.. 

Btw someone with a sig like yours shouldn't have a hard time getting re-equipped right??

Unarmed = no threat 

Ok "hero", wait till an unarmed player one hit ko's your self righteous ass, takes your gun, then shoots you with it.

And don't try to tell me that doesent happen, because the rest of us knows it does.

I do not trust other ppl. I had two situations where another player has cheated me. 

Edit: Funny thread

Edited by Vreyzze

Id say killing fresh spawns is really a product of what a person wants to get out of the game...

I laugh so hard when people say stuff like there a threat they are compertition for the same resources lol . why well you shoot them destroying what resources they may have had and then bam they respawn so they still a fresh spawn looking for the same stuff you havent thinned numbers you havent saved resources you just like killing those weaker than you that you have not just an advantage on but a huge advantage on lol .

They like to call it survival but really they saying its a death match mate so i am going to kill anything that moves ,,,,,,

Ok "hero", wait till an unarmed player one hit ko's your self righteous ass, takes your gun, then shoots you with it.

And don't try to tell me that doesent happen, because the rest of us knows it does.

yeah it does happen and if he is coming at ya thats survival shoot his ass, when he is 400 m away looking for his first drink of water that is KOS. its how when you do things that make something legit in being survival or you really just want to death match ...

Hey if death matching is all you want to get out of the game thats fine i aint saying you shouldnt do it if its fun for you dont stop ( i am not trying to stop you lol ) but lets call a spade a spade shall we...

Edited by SoulFirez

If bandits didn't kill new spawns, then there would be nothing to lose for the new spawn, he'd just run into the army base or a big city without any threat, gear up in 20 minutes. Whats the fun in no threat   ;)

Unarmed = no threat 

Sorry bro, that is in no way true. An unarmed person can and has 1 hit KO'd a very geared player. "nice players" have turned on geared players who are trying to help them. In short learn to deal with death. If you cant this may not be the game for you. Also, get off the coast and stay away from electro and bases/airfields.

Uhm, because they can KO punch you out, steal your weapon and kill you with it?  Everyone can be a threat. 

Edited by AntonioAJC

I beat up a girl once. She was 6'1" and could bench 250 lbs.

Damn man that was my sister....

I beat up a girl once. She was 6'1" and could bench 250 lbs.

#Confirmedbonafidebadassforbeatingupabonafidefatass

Swag on 1 hunna.

Lmao this thread is funny....

Yeah it went downhill real fast. Kind of mad I even  bothered making a reply that took some thought.

And some people here still play DayZ without fists (if you're jobless and too poor to buy SA :P )

#Confirmedbonafidebadassforbeatingupabonafidefatass

Swag on 1 hunna.

You're quickly becoming the lazy Daniel Tosh of these forums.

You're quickly becoming the lazy Daniel Tosh of these forums.

That can't be right, none of my material is based off stupid people doing stupid things. Oh wait..

Edited by Immersive