LeftLegDontWork

DayZ pissing me off, Server restart equals Respawn

Hi all...

I know this is alpha an all, but everytime i have some nice weapons and gear, which can take up for a really long time, sometimes 5-6 hours or even more, I run into the problem that when the servers restart I try to join another server and the screen says please wait and gets stuck there, does nothing! This needs to be fixed ASAP!!! Everytime I press escape and exit the server and enter another, I respawn again in Solnichniy or around there as if I died... I dont know why this keeps happening to me but it happened 4 times already. I understand if the server restart I am put back a mile or some of my loot disappears, but my character respawning?? No I dont get that. Fix that please because its the worst bug ever, if I am going to get killed I want it to be fair. Yes... By bandits or zombies. Not a server change.

<_<

try another server when it wipes you. you probably arent dead- just join a few other servers to verify.

this happened once to me- fully geared, joined and was bambi, went to another server and had everything again.

if i had beans for every thread that starts with "i know this is alpha" and then bemoans a certain alpha-typical behaviour like bug persisting, feature mising or gameplay lacking....

please upvote this issue in the bug tracker to communicate a "me too" to the devs

• Like 3

So coming here and posting exactly the same thing as 100s of other people instead of bug reporting it or voting it up on the bug tracker or just using the search function helps you how?

Stopped reading at "but"

yep me too :)

It's a known problem with hive connection. If you had played for a while and later log on to find you're a new spawn, don't loot anything, just disconnect. Then join another server until your character is successfully downloaded from the hive again. If you loot a single item, you're going to be stuck with your newly spawned character.

Edited by EchoZeero

Its alpha expect shit like this is going to happen and if it pisses you off all i can say you shouldnt have bought it :)

Thanks DirtyscumbagLith and EchoZeero, I tried that alot of times but it never works, I dont know how to recreate it or I would have reported the bug.

To the rest of you guys, go get a life instead of reading posts and then posting about you didnt read it, your mother probably told you you are smart, you should probably move out her house because you are 30 years old. Virgins.

Thanks DirtyscumbagLith and EchoZeero, I tried that alot of times but it never works, I dont know how to recreate it or I would have reported the bug.

To the rest of you guys, go get a life instead of reading posts and then posting about you didnt read it, your mother probably told you you are smart, you should probably move out her house because you are 30 years old. Virgins.

Bad ass. 

Hi all...

I know this is alpha an all, ...

There's your problem, right there. Should have stopped there and reread it a few hundred times, and eventually you'd get it!

Now go back to Steam's DayZ store page and read the big note at the top. Yeah, that's the one. Here's a link just in case:http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/ The bit on the right there under the DayZ logo thing, that says something like:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Yeah, exactly that! This here is one of those 'SERIOUS ISSUES'. Hah... LOL... But all joking aside, I think that the Devs may already be aware of it, because here on the roadmap they specifically mention it. Something about server stability or something like it. Oh, you already know that. Good. Good. Glad to be of help.

Alpha.

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

try the search function.

basically you want to stick to the nice "similarly" named HIVE servers and you wont have any problems

if i had beans for every thread that starts with "i know this is alpha" and then bemoans a certain alpha-typical behaviour like bug persisting, feature mising or gameplay lacking....

please upvote this issue in the bug tracker to communicate a "me too" to the devs

This.

Yes OP its annoying... but you cant even start the game without a warning regarding such stuff is likely to happen.

Thanks for the advise deebz i will stick to hive servers

You'll be fine if you stick to the servers with official looking names, e.g...

DayZ UK 1-15 (3PP:OFF) <- Good

Bob's DayZ Server <- Bad

• Like 2

You'll be fine if you stick to the servers with official looking names, e.g...

DayZ UK 1-15 (3PP:OFF) <- Good

Bob's DayZ Server <- Bad

Thanks.. wish i knew that yesterday!