z0mbie

Are we futuristic robot soldiers?

And I suppose you guys want rid of hunger' date=' thirst, temperature, weather, cooking, hunting, using meds and gathering materials / fuel for vehicles too? Since these things aren't exactly amazingly fun and maybe too "realistic" for your zombie game.

Realism and survival simulation are a huge part of this mod. Even the description on the dev heaven site (which I assume rocket wrote) says:

"The first and thus best, free-roaming, SURVIVAL MOD for Arma 2. Comes with a free side order of Zombies"

So yes, zombies aside, I'd like some consistent realism with the survival mod.

[/quote']

So basically... You want every person who's being chased to die? Because last time I checked zombie runners are like ethiopians in this mod and catch up to you in 4-5 seconds. If a zombie with rigamortis setting in, that doesn't drink water, and only eats raw meat can sprint faster than my character I want to at least be able to out endurance said zombie.

I'm going to file this thread away next to the one asking that shitting and pissing be added (for the sake of realism of course...)

Realism is an extremely relative term when it comes to zombie apocalypse....

I want to at least be able to out endurance said zombie.

Honestly I don't want to play a DayZ where the zombies are physically inferior to us. Where's the fear if you can just run away every time?

Honestly I don't want to play a DayZ where the zombies are physically inferior to us. Where's the fear if you can just run away every time?

Where's the challenge or fun when you die after a 10 second chase because your character can't run?

Can we add in taking a piss and shit, too? We really need female characters to experience bleeding monthly and be forced to search for tampons. Otherwise, our realism element is totally fucked, damn.

The challenge is not putting your character into a position where it's being chased and has no stamina??!?! Mind blown yet?

Sometimes those moments are forced upon you, not being able to run or escape from an encounter is stupid. players would be forced to use their ammo or gun IF they have one and those without would automatically be dead. Imagine when your playing stealthy and someone starts shooting at you, how are you going to feel when you run for 10 seconds then start walking in the middle of being shot at for no reason? Everything a player has worked and tried for will be lost. Those are only a few examples, travel without vehicles would be completely forgotten, everyone would be crowding the cities and coastline because of deaths or not wanting to spend half an hour just to travel a few hundred meters.

Anyone whos played Project Reality knows what a stamina can do to shape player behavior. It's not always about making the game realistic, but rather stop an unrealistic action.

In this case it's unrealistic that people would run kilometers around the forests and stop for 5seconds and be ready to thread a needle.

Things like fear and adrenaline are most likely possible with the engine, and would add to the experience in my opinion. Maybe being chased by X number of zeds triggers adrenaline which give you increased stamina but less accuracy? Fear, if they're too close you start to lose accuracy? Similar to needing pain meds but less intense. He already screams when they're too close.

Why automatically assume something like this will ruin the game? Rocket would do it in a good way I'm sure.

The challenge is not putting your character into a position where it's being chased and has no stamina??!?! Mind blown yet?

Sometimes those moments are forced upon you' date=' not being able to run or escape from an encounter is stupid. players would be forced to use their ammo or gun IF they have one and those without would automatically be dead. Imagine when your playing stealthy and someone starts shooting at you, how are you going to feel when you run for 10 seconds then start walking in the middle of being shot at for no reason? Everything a player has worked and tried for will be lost. Those are only a few examples, travel without vehicles would be completely forgotten, everyone would be crowding the cities and coastline because of deaths or not wanting to spend half an hour just to travel a few hundred meters.

[/quote']

Never did I say I wanted someone to run for 10 seconds and then walk. I even said the current "out of breath" state comes too quickly. Way to take my desire for a stamina system and twist it to you fucked up views.

You can hide from zombies now, let's make it a requirement, give people something like 5 minutes of run time, once they tire themselves out they'll have to walk, and the stamina regenerates for a short period(60s?). Shorter if you stop or sit down. If you aggro zombies and run for more than 5minutes, you should die IMO. The game isn't that hard, the map isn't that huge.

Anyone whos played Project Reality knows what a stamina can do to shape player behavior. It's not always about making the game realistic' date=' but rather stop an unrealistic action.

In this case it's unrealistic that people would run kilometers around the forests and stop for 5seconds and be ready to thread a needle.

Things like fear and adrenaline are most likely possible with the engine, and would add to the experience in my opinion. Maybe being chased by X number of zeds triggers adrenaline which give you increased stamina but less accuracy? Fear, if they're too close you start to lose accuracy? Similar to needing pain meds but less intense. He already screams when they're too close.

Why automatically assume something like this will ruin the game? Rocket would do it in a good way I'm sure.

[hr']

Sometimes those moments are forced upon you' date=' not being able to run or escape from an encounter is stupid. players would be forced to use their ammo or gun IF they have one and those without would automatically be dead. Imagine when your playing stealthy and someone starts shooting at you, how are you going to feel when you run for 10 seconds then start walking in the middle of being shot at for no reason? Everything a player has worked and tried for will be lost. Those are only a few examples, travel without vehicles would be completely forgotten, everyone would be crowding the cities and coastline because of deaths or not wanting to spend half an hour just to travel a few hundred meters.

[/quote']

Never did I say I wanted someone to run for 10 seconds and then walk. I even said the current "out of breath" state comes too quickly. Way to take my desire for a stamina system and twist it to you fucked up views.

You can hide from zombies now, let's make it a requirement, give people something like 5 minutes of run time, once they tire themselves out they'll have to walk, and the stamina regenerates for a short period(60s?). Shorter if you stop or sit down. If you aggro zombies and run for more than 5minutes, you should die IMO. The game isn't that hard, the map isn't that huge.

If the run time is five minutes I'm completely onboard, I was confused, we both had completely different view points on a "stamina" system. I agree, if a char can run for 5 mins and not lose the zed... they should probably just hit "respawn" :P Also the above said fear and adrenaline system would be awesome! Possibly add adrenaline syringes to give yourself a quick stamina boost?

As rocket will probably explain, one of the first PT tests in the New Zealand Defence Force is a 15km run carrying four wheels, an engine block and a fuel tank in your pack and webbing. (You also have to make car noises with your lips for the entire run.)

He might also point out that a realistic adrenaline syringe is already in the game.

Who knows, your character might have been a Navy Seal, would also explain how he can handle all the guns so well.

How many people do you know that can run 225km+

Do anybody actually do this? That's running the map, edge to edge, 15 times. I know it is possible to do, but is it really a problem?

The map is only 15km across, I can run that irl. My face would be red as a baboons', but I could do it.