Sign in to follow this  
axejammer

about to purchase zomibies gone?

I am about to purchase the alpha.. mainly to get in on the good price and to start gearing without the zombies chasing me.

just wondering though, is there any word on when the zombies are coming back in to the game? seems it would add a whole new element of survival, im looking forward to it.

thanks

Zombies are already in game, but not in massed hordes.  You will bump into a few, find an axe :)

Shogun_1

Ive been chased by a few zombies in the cities, but never more than 5 or so at a time. I had my first zombie chase me up some stairs last night which surprised me.

I am about to purchase the alpha.. mainly to get in on the good price and to start gearing without the zombies chasing me.

just wondering though, is there any word on when the zombies are coming back in to the game? seems it would add a whole new element of survival, im looking forward to it.

thanks

Dayz isnt a zombie game.. Dayz is a PVP Survival game with zombies in it...

You would be better off getting Dead Rising or Left 4 Dead 2 if a zombie game is what you want.

Gear up on empty servers so you dont get chased down and get killed by bandits aka assholes with nothing better to do. to outrun Z's just double tap the W key and you will sprint, dont worry bout stamina as there is non, you run faster with nothing in your hands. Watch a few vids on youtube for more tips, its not really hard to learn and is a lot of fun to experiance, dayzmap.com has a full map, town names both in Russian and english so you can orient youreself. Best of luck and happy hunting

right on, thanks guys..

You would be better off getting Dead Rising or Left 4 Dead 2 if a zombie game is what you want.

im not looking for a zombie game, I know what day z is.. and it has zombies in it, thanks

ok here we go

FACT:dayz is a zombie game

FACT:dayz is a surival game

FACT:Dayz is a alpha.

I dont want to name names but some games warz dont even have zombies in there new map,so dayz is not that bad.

But should have some zombies that being said for now 5 or 10 is ok because you have the survival and pvp game play working right now

Edited by meat pie
  • Like 1

Um I have a strange feeling that dayz just might be a zombie game.(might be the zombies)

Just saying.

But it has zombies so I dont see the issue.

Edited by meat pie
  • Like 1

Gear up?  You do know this isn't WOW where you get your gear back after you die right?  There'll be many character resets (both on purpose and bugs) between now and beta.  Rules 1-4 of DayZ: Don't get attached to your gear.

• Like 1

Start gearing? Good luck keeping your stuff.

My thoughts exactly. Can't blame him though, if he hasn't played he doesn't understand..

Start gearing? Good luck keeping your stuff.

tbh If I wanted to I could of lived at this barn that had a well out back,all i had to do was make food trips to a house on a hill near by at drink water from the well.

If I wanted to I could of lived there forever but I did not because that would not be fun.

I would do that if I had tons of gear,but I can never get back there once I do.

But ya I dont think he knows about how you lose gear when you die,he might think its like wow or most other mmos  (other then runescape) where when you die you lose nothing.

Edited by meat pie

Gear up?  You do know this isn't WOW where you get your gear back after you die right?  There'll be many character resets (both on purpose and bugs) between now and beta.  Rules 1-4 of DayZ: Don't get attached to your gear.

I get it.. I should have worded it differently i guess..

should have said something more along the lines of

"

I am about to purchase the alpha.. mainly to get in on the good price and to start Learning the map, and where to find gear,without the zombies chasing me. but while still interacting with other players, either for friendly fun or pvp,

thanks""

better?

The first weapon m4 I ever obtained was one I stole off someone. Probably best not to try to shoot at a group of three. 1) there are zombies but it's pretty scarce at the moment 2) You will die most from other players 

Don't think of it as gearing up, because you'll lose your gear to players, character wipes and ladders.  Learning the map is the best thing to do know where the good stuff and everything else will sort itself out.

P.S; Any airfield/military installation is a definite KoS zone, towns can be dangerous.  Finally if players don't answer you through direct chat or suddenly go silent, shoot them, run like hell or die like a dog.

this aint PvP its PvE ppl just blast each other just so they can take your gear and most of the time they already have all the gear they need, fucking pansy bandit asswipes, I shoot bandit scum on sight with no warnings.

Edited by PiLLZ

troll have busy fishing hook :D

thanks

Welcome.

As already stated, Zs are already there, just not in quantity, and quality is sadly lacking also.

I wouldn't start playing now if your only intent is gearing up. This is only the Alpha, and I'd be assuming that bugs aside, we're probably going to be in for a few Hive/DBase wipes as we transition up through the Beta and to Release.

But don't let that stop you jumping in. It's not going to be any cheaper than it is now until a good while after release, and the game is still a blast even with all of the current issues.

So: Get It! Play It! Enjoy the ride.

Um I have a strange feeling that dayz just might be a zombie game.(might be the zombies)

Just saying.

But it has zombies so I dont see the issue.

Um I have a strange feeling that dayz just might be a zpvp survival game.(might be the pvp & survival)

Just saying.

But it has zpvp & survival so I dont see the issue.