Sign in to follow this  
jasher11

Why do YOU play DayZ?

Simple question why do you/people play DayZ? zombies, realism, survival, PvP, PvE, role playing, messing arounds with friends??? Why I gots to know

I play for the realism/survival aspect and also do a bit of role play from time to time

I play to learn the map, for the survival aspect, "which I'm keenly waiting to improve" with a mass of extra zombies added, hopefully next patch...

• Like 1

I play DayZ becosue it is the only game around that allow you to be actually a sniper and not marksman.

I play DayZ becosue it is the only game around that allow you to be actually a sniper and not marksman.

Arma??? i play for the survival the thrill of pvp at times some pve some fun with friends lol its a game that can offer alot of experiences not just one but so many just after the one lol

I play Jogging simulator 2014 because every so often it bugs out and it becomes a survival game involving people ... and god damn for those random moments it is really damn good.

• Like 1

I play DayZ, because it's the only game that gives me an adrenaline rush, heart-racing & breath-taking battles with other players, that will make my hands shake in excitement. 

The feeling that any moment may be my last & I will lose everything I worked for. And the ecstasy of victory when I kill my enemy & I loot my spoils of war.

Nothing quite like it. 

• Like 5

Because this is the only game that gives me near panic attacks, and that's probably the best feeling from a game, to feel truly scared of digital death.

It's sort of a love hate relationship for me, I love this game, and sort of love the panic I feel and rush when shit kicks off.

I feel sometimes that it's the unknown factors, like player skill, location or even group size add the to flavour of unpredictable nature.

No game comes close.

Edited by Mr duke
  • Like 3

I play for the survival aspect, I prefer PvE so play on low population servers. I don't like to be on completely alone. I just think its better when theres fewer people. It makes it seem like more of an apocalypse, 40 people on the map seems too much for me. On the mod I survived for a month living in the wilderness, hunting animals. I did enjoy the occasions of fear when I would suddenly get shot at or bump into another player, I would play on higher population servers if there wasn't so much KoS.

Because it's the best game ever. I enjoy the freedom to do anything I want. It's like a social network with violence and zombies.

• Like 1

Hello DayZ forum, this is my first day as a forum member. Havnt been playing the mod and bought the SA on the day they released it. Played ~ 140h.

I have to state that online games are the only games I play because games without interactions with other humans actually bore me after a bit of time. So Im here to get a good roleplay experience and meet soem people from all over the world and to chill out with them. Im allways up to get in contact with you through TS3 or something. The next big plus this game gives you is the freedom you can enjoy. So there is no dwarf smith telling you where to go to get some "what so ever" for him and you dont have to kill like 300 "wiggling gollum monsters" on a open field. :D
And actually the survival simulator attracts me a lot because im personaly very into survival and nature... somethimes I realise how this game pushs me into the woods in RL because I see all these tress and shit. :)

• Like 1

Realism, survival, the real fear of dying in a videogame etc.

But especially the firefights that get your heartrate up and makes your hands tremble.

And as in most cases -- It's even more fun when playing with friends.

So many reasons...; Survival, the adrenaline rushes, PvP, zombies, jogging simu, fooling around, paranoia... and especially the moments my heartrate skyrockets..

Why does anybody do anything. Why don't we all just sit around and talk to the magic conch shell.

Exploring

Adrenaline

Adventure

Random encounters

Freedom to do whatever

PVP is good but u can get that in any game.

Why does anybody do anything. Why don't we all just sit around and talk to the magic conch shell.

I like beans. Yep, that's why I play DayZ 'cause like fkn beans.

Plus I like their gassy side effect.

Edited by SyL3X

I play for the survival aspect, I enjoy exploring and surviving. I look forward to improved zombies, helicopter crashes in the woods/fields, vehicles etc.

okay, i was really interested to see why you guys play this game, and am glad to see its not all: ''i play so i can combat log and piss people off'' or '' i play for PvP and then ghost some fucker who didnt even want to fight me'' thanks - have a nice day :)

To read all the books i find ^^

But seriously,i really love that feature,i was low on blood and i decided not to log out,instead let it heal.

So i took my time reading the New Testement.

Well,it's a fun game,in which i have freedom to do as i please with absolutely no restrictions.Just pure gameplay and exploring.

Now,i admit i don't play alot,because not alot are in the game yet,and i am reserving myself for the later patches/fixes.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 1

Theres nothing like getting in a firefight with a group of friends and trying to call out positions knowing any moment could be your last. someone else here said it perfectly. all that time you spent to get your gear could end instantly with one wrong step. the sheer adrenaline it gives you when you even just see another person thats geared and getting a shot on them.. i tell ya , even if i dont get the kill the adrenaline of just spotting and tracking someone will keep me commin back.. and of course , who doesn't love jogging for hours on end to just get shot in the neck by someone with ESP.. i mean cmon guys ! 

but for real, this game is a work in progress, and with the amount of excitement i get from just the alpha, i can't even begin to imagine what the full version is gunna be like.. 

• Like 1