Sign in to follow this  
cesar2224

Scariest experience in DAYZ? SHARE!

I'll start. Share your story, friends story...just share!

Me walking around in dayz , just started out, no gun. I then chill on a bridge, look around. I suddenly hear over local mic 'hatchetman gonna gitcha'. I fucking run like hell under the bridge. Hear clinking boots on the bridge above me. I then hear 'where you go boy, I need to wet my axe'. Fucking stay under there for nearly 10 minutes before crawling out. I look around all paranoid like for the next 10 minutes. No sign of the guy.

That is by far the most terrified I have ever been in a game.

Not the most terrifying, I actually laughed my ass off, but I was outside of elecktro when I heard on mic "REEEY REEEY REEEY REEEY REEEY" like the psycho music when he is stabbing someone, out of nowhere this guy comes running straight at me with his axe, I shoot him in the leg and he drops, crawling towards me still swinging, the power of the mighty axe hit me from 5+ meters away and broke my legs, he slashed, I shot, we both died by zombie.

One of the scariest was when some guy was on mic with these creepy ass girl screams, I was so afraid to move.

I was playing on someone elses at night time and i was walking around a farm or something and i found a zombie i killed it and suddenly 5 zombies surround me a rape me. It was scary as hell.

In Elektro, with 2 other new buddies on a building roof, when suddenly an obviously high caliber gunshot rings out, and i see in the bottom left corner "Somethingking has been killed by sniper123" I quickly type to the other guy next to me "Sniper!", and we both go prone, i then slide over to the foot tall wall of the side of the roof, and then another gunshot rings out, ending my friend. I grab his makrov with no mags, as i did not have a gun before, and promptly escape the situation. Easily the most frightening PvP experience ever, but fun.

Scariest moment:

I heard i just bought Arma II for day Z and that its gonna get moved to Arma III anyway, and my pc is 4 years old

goddamnit

but the axe murderer was pretty funny

My scariest ingame moment was:

I am on the way to Rog, the castle near Elektro or Cherno, first i go to the wooden stairway, and find nothing, then i look into the tower

I am just harvesting a node with a makarov and additional mags, when suddenly 5 people join the server, and 3 of them spawn directly around me, starting to shoot at me

also two guys came up the stairs

i totally freaked out and threw a grenade to my feet

the end.

this happened earlier on in my day z journeys, probably 10 lives ago or so.

i'm a little ways inland, lone wolfing it in some small town. at the time i believe i was cycling between grocery stores on the eastern side of the map trying to get tools before i headed north to pobeda dam to see if that would be a viable location to survive for extended periods. i'm using a winchester primarily, with a makarov as my side arm. i'm well stocked on food and water, but dangerously low on ammo. i believe i had made a bit of noise dispatching some zombies.

i'm prone, crawling towards one of those long farm buildings in the hopes of finding precious ammo. there's three or four zombies shambling around me groaning. suddenly i hear a shot, think it was an enfield. my breath stops, my heartbeat picks up, i hear the whizzing noise and impact of a bullet hitting nearby, zombies start moving out of my field of view. i hesitate for half a second, and start to get up, another shot hits nearby, then another and another and i'm booking it straight into farm building in front of me, more zombies aggro. i get inside and a zombie shambles inside. i check a nearby loot pile, nothing useful. i put down the zombie in the building, and make my way out the back, planning to try to flank the cowardly bastard who just failed miserably to end me. i switch to my makarov as i'm out of ammo for my winchester at this point and then i run out the opposite side of the building and up to the hill i was certain he was firing on me from.

i search the woods on the hill, there's at least five zombies after me. the shooter is nowhere to be found. i had noticed someone had disconnected between me entering the barn and exiting it... fucker must have disconnected to avoid zeds and retribution. i put down three to four of the zombies on the hill and i'm dry. there's still two on me...

i remember a building in a little gully by the road about two minutes run from here. last time i was at it, there was at least two zombies there. it's a long shot, but it's likely my only hope. i decide to stick it out and book it for the building. when i get there, it's impossible for me to not get another zombies attention before i hit the building's interior... inside i find an enfield and ammo. that feeling of joy/triumph/relief was amazing.

don't think my heart's pounded quite as hard as it did while i was prone and taking fire near that building though.

The time I was killed by a bench.

Does

bring up any memories?

Looting Stary at night.

Slowly walking while crouched checking tents, find some ammo for my M4A3 on one of them and was kinda busy making some space in my backpack. From out of nowhere i hear a growl and something hits me. My leg was broken and i was crawling.

Remember those dead bodies in Stary ? Well, one of them was one of those crawler zeds and i didn't see it.

Really scared the shit of me, and thanks to him i died.

this happened earlier on in my day z journeys' date=' probably 10 lives ago or so.

i'm a little ways inland, lone wolfing it in some small town. at the time i believe i was cycling between grocery stores on the eastern side of the map trying to get tools before i headed north to pobeda dam to see if that would be a viable location to survive for extended periods. i'm using a winchester primarily, with a makarov as my side arm. i'm well stocked on food and water, but dangerously low on ammo. i believe i had made a bit of noise dispatching some zombies.

i'm prone, crawling towards one of those long farm buildings in the hopes of finding precious ammo. there's three or four zombies shambling around me groaning. suddenly i hear a shot, think it was an enfield. my breath stops, my heartbeat picks up, i hear the whizzing noise and impact of a bullet hitting nearby, zombies start moving out of my field of view. i hesitate for half a second, and start to get up, another shot hits nearby, then another and another and i'm booking it straight into farm building in front of me, more zombies aggro. i get inside and a zombie shambles inside. i check a nearby loot pile, nothing useful. i put down the zombie in the building, and make my way out the back, planning to try to flank the cowardly bastard who just failed miserably to end me. i switch to my makarov as i'm out of ammo for my winchester at this point and then i run out the opposite side of the building and up to the hill i was certain he was firing on me from.

i search the woods on the hill, there's at least five zombies after me. the shooter is nowhere to be found. i had noticed someone had disconnected between me entering the barn and exiting it... fucker must have disconnected to avoid zeds and retribution. i put down three to four of the zombies on the hill and i'm dry. there's still two on me...

i remember a building in a little gully by the road about two minutes run from here. last time i was at it, there was at least two zombies there. it's a long shot, but it's likely my only hope. i decide to stick it out and book it for the building. when i get there, it's impossible for me to not get another zombies attention before i hit the building's interior... inside i find an enfield and ammo. that feeling of joy/triumph/relief was amazing.

don't think my heart's pounded quite as hard as it did while i was prone and taking fire near that building though.

[/quote']

Wow...Good read lol. This game brings out so much fun every life...no life is the same.

this happened earlier on in my day z journeys' date=' probably 10 lives ago or so.

[/quote']

Wow...Good read lol. This game brings out so much fun every life...no life is the same.

thanks! tried to do the whole situation the justice i felt it deserved... i probably failed though, shit was intense.

i was looking around zelengorsk for anything useful, on a near empty server, i couldn't find anything good so i looked at my online map for good places to look for loot in zelengorsk, i found out there was a supermarket in the southern part of zelengorsk, so i head over there and find that all the doors were shut, hmmm interesting. So i went thru the back entrance, and over the constant groaning etc., from the zombies, i could hear somebody going from loot pile to loot pile, eating all the food, so i figured he was low on blood and was trying to get it back by eating food. now before anyone assumes i'm a bandit, i'm not. So i head around the corner a find him crouch walking on the other side of the counter, i then made a decision to kill him ( i guess to take out my prior frustration from getting killed by bandits so many times), because i figured i had no other choice, this whole time i can hear my heart thumping in my chest. i then start to shoot him with my 1911, i all my shots hit the counter i was crouching behind.....never shoot at another player in third person >.<. he then shoots me as i dash back into the storage area of the store, he also missed, while reloading, i can hear the zombie horde surrounding the store rush to our position, he must've heard it to because he didnt follow me, i then hold off the zombies for the next minute or so w/ ease, when suddenly the survivor i had shot at previously, rushes into the storage area of the store i was sitting in, and

quickly puts 3 of 6 shots from his revolver into my head before i knew he was there. sadly i then respawn near kamehnka with only a flashligh,bandage, and painkillers, quite a transition for me since this was my first respawn since before the devs decided to change what you spawned with. i don't know what happened to him afterwards, but i'm assuming he enjoyed all the nice gear i had lol

I was crawling through komarovo, trying hard to not aggros zombies. This was one of my first lifes in 1.7.1.4 so I was very cautious and vigilant. In this hightened state of awareness, I began crawling towards the corner of a bulding and stop dead in my tracks. I think I hear a zombie on the otherside.

As I get into the crouching position, I turn around and see a female weilding an axe. Without a blink she begins hacking away, and I see blood squirting from my neck area. Out of instinct I begin backing away, and I get hit again, breaking my bones. I was on the ground, completely defensive, at the mercy of a stealthy axe murdering woman.

I died....and that was the first time I've ever jumped in real life from this game. Many scary moments from zombies, but none like this, which evoked a physical reaction from me.

Damn I love dayz.

Getting shot at with a DMR in the NE airfield around dusk. 4 Rounds, none of them hit but it was possibly the scariest thing ever :D

I'm in Balota at night and see an orange glow on the horizon. I keep searching the houses deciding to skip the airfield when I see the orange glow is closer.

Some guy is tossing it in front of himself for light over and over. Finally the flare dies and he busts out a chemlight and I decide to follow him for a while.

After creeping behind him for a while dodging Zeds the small blue chemlight all the sudden flies in the air and lands near me. BOOM! A shot whizzes past my ear as I drop and roll into the bushes.

I dont think he knew I was behind him, I think he tossed the chemlight and I just happened to be there but he shot on sight thats for sure.

We both layed there motionless for a while amazed that no Zeds came after him. He must have thought I disconnected becaue I see him crawl up to the light to recover it.

BOOM! I take him down with my Mak.

My worst scare was walking stealthily through Kamenke. I go aound a wall and BAM a zeds rams me. No warning noise, nothing to prepare me just Bam in my face. My mouse flew off my desk and I was done. Next character please.

So for the past week i have been stalking the forests North of the NWAF, and its been glorious. Because every kill, is earned. Not a damn mile away with a sniper rifle, but face to face, with an axe. Ill post pics in the gallery soon. So far ive got 15 kills.

The beauty in this is these guys im choppin have mostly just raided the AF and are running to the forest with there new shiny toys. and im there waiting. this is a game on its own.

i say "hey" very quietly, till there practically spinning in circles, then i just sprint at them.

and thats why dayz is so amazing, you can be a sniper, a guy livin in the woods, travel around the map, or just play however you want, you make the game what you want it to be.

AXE MANS A COMIN FOr YOU!

in other words i dont get scared i do the scaring.

i sneaked around a building at night as a zombie suddenly fell from the roof and screamd like hell (my headphone where to loud :D ) ... i craped ma pents and ran for 5 min.

Hitting 63 murders. Number seven on the leaderboards. Karma spawns behind me and pops me in the back of the head. Lost my AS50 with about 10 mags. It's all good, though.

Had to be the first time I started playing. It was at night with the dreaded 1.7.1.4 zombies.

I crawled near a town, it was pitch black so I couldn't see anything, all I heard were those terrible noises the zombies made. I just logged off and waited till the next day to play...

I was killing ppl in cherno, was up to 8 murders, i was laying down behind a wall for a little, i decided to pop my head up and straight away, boom headshot, it scared the fuck out of me, not even 2 seconds after i popped my head up, i don't even know where it came from.

Trying to climb down the ladder in NW Airfield on the steel tower. Fucking scary as hell cause of the bad interaction with ladders and trying to get the command to pop up without falling down.

My scariest moment was in Berezihno. I'm with a mate and we're outside one of the southern side apartment buildings, heading toward the football field, when we hear someone pop a soda inside the apartment and we just freeze.

We know we can take him, but we're full of stuff and if either of us dies, we know we have to leave it, so we're scared as fuck.

Then we see the guys gun come out the door, he looks our way, doesn't see my buddy prone in the grass (thank god for the ghillie suit) and turns away, I come around the corner then and fill the dude with holes with my AKM. He gets one shot off and hits me in the leg, but I survived.