Dcknipe

Best in game recorder?

Hey! What is the best in game recorder that also records you on mic so I can make game play videos. Thanks.

Best quality - Fraps

Best performance in-game - Dxtory

• Like 3

Best quality - Fraps

Best performance in-game - Dxtory

Dont forget NVIDIA Shadowplay - its really awesome

• Like 1

I love Fraps too death, even though I do have shadowplay I LOVE Fraps.

Going to give this Dxtory a go.. Not tried it yet.  

OBS by far for me...look it up. I bought DXtory last month, but the file size was a serious problem for me. OBS lets me record in 1080p at 30fps(youtube will downgrade any video higher than 30fps anyway so I dont bother with 60) and my file sizes for my hour long videos is under 2gb. Check it out. Its also free.

I like Bandicam because the video file size it makes is small compared to some other video recorders

I like and use fraps. It's incredibly easy to use too. Only thing is that the videos are ginormous! I took a 10 min video of bf4..... 14 freaking gbs

What about a good video editor so I can make them into movies. Thanks for all the awesome feedback.

The screencapturing doesnt really matter since youtube will destroy any resolution unless you render the resolution to double its size :)

I use shadowplay since its available for me and it doesnts take away more than 4 fps which is nice but then again after uploading it will be 1080 pixelshit ;)

for example, ingame is very high(not ultra) and yet you probaly have seen 720p vids that look better than this.

At the time when I was filming this I was playing and recording on the same old shitty 5200rpm disk that I had at the time so hopefully this shows enough Shadow performance :)

Edited by KarbineR

Shadowplay would be perfect if it had PTT recording.  Right now, MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 beta 18 is the next best thing - has a prerecord feature, PTT recording, many file options, etc...