UNDERWORLD

Curious about peoples 'Rules of Engagement'

What are your Rules of Engagement?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If you're a position to kill, do you...

• Kill on sight EVERYONE
    • Kill on sight ARMED players including melee weapons but leave unarmed alone
    • Kill on sight ARMED players, leaving melee and unarmed alone
    • Come in peace unless given reason to fight

Personally I kill armed but leave melee and unarmed alone. I don't mind giving a new player a hand though if I can't find any armed players to kill....but I think most of us has taken a few bambis out for sniping practice when you first get the long range scope =p

Feel free to share your opinions!

If you have full military gear and you're creeping around the edge of town, kill on sight. If you're unarmed or melee I'll hold you up and kill you if you defy it.

• Like 2

It depends on the situation, I am extremely careful around fully kitted guys and sometimes KOS if I feel they pose a threat, but I have run into a few of them that were friendly (I am actually one of those guys myself  :D).

I always try to interact with someone who doesn't have a weapon or has melee only unless I see them actively killing someone, then I take no chances and put them down.

It really depends on how I am playing that character. I try not to play the same character/personality all the time, but only switch personalities/play styles when I die. (but I almost always leave unarmed players alone)

If I get the sense that the person in my iron sight is acting strange, for example sitting on top of Electro moving between bushes aiming at Bambi's I will happily take them out, but if they are just running along the road with or without a weapon I try to be nice and either group up or go our separate ways :)

These options don't really cover all the scenarios for encountering another player.

So, option E.  I don't engage another player unless they pose a threat, no matter what the weapon is.  If I see you running around with a melee weapon and I tell you not to come any closer, regardless of the reason you just took another step towards me, I'll defend myself accordingly.  If I see another player with a gun and they're looting somewhere I'm going after, well, they pose a threat.  I'm not going to go leaping into battle, but I'm also not just going to take off in another direction because another player is there.

• Like 1

It depends on the mood. Last night I stalked 2 guys for about 5 miles down country roads completely unseen. Arrived in a small town and decided to play psychotic axe murderer as soon as one of them came out of the house. I freaked him out so bad he couldn't even talk straight to tell his buddy I was chopping him up. "Oh my god! This! It's here! Over there! It's on me.. I can't.. here! This guy! Help!" looooooool

To be fair, they both had axes, I just got the jump on them with my ninja sneaks.

Usually if they are completely unarmed, act nice with no ill intent, I typically just leave them alone or give them a tip if I saw something of use anywhere nearby. If they act weird or jumpy or don;t communicate in the mic properly, well I put those dogs to sleep. I generally come in peace unless I really need something from you. I'm a respectable bandit, I would like to think anyway,

• Like 1

Never fire unless fired upon, that doesn't mean I don't go up and talk to players with guns though I will still usually hide.

Kill anyone wearing a mask, gas mask or helmet.. Why are they hiding their faces?

• Like 1

I'll KOS anyone I suspect of banditry. Otherwise, I avoid rather than kill. If forced to interact with another player, I lean towards the side of pulling the trigger, but try to remain friendly.

Everyone gets one chance. But, if you want to light things up, then we'll dance.

Except for people who wear masks. Or clowns. Sorry, but then its KoS. Mimes too, definately.

It depends on the situation, always. 

And if I feel like being silly, anything goes. I love trying to punch geared players when I am still fresh. 

I just run up to them all like "hey man, how's your day!", some were all like "wtf" and others were all like "good, you?" but most of the time they were all like "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH *shoots in panic hitting the ground and walls most of the time*". But other than that, I just chill in my apartment singing songs, not many people visit. If you hear singing from the apartments north of Cherno, knock first man, don't just walk in like a creeper.

• Like 2

I tend to be outwardly friendly most of the time. I work on a suspicion scale. If you are doing suspisious things like carefully prowling an area, or entering a town or city in a not so normal way, killing other players. When I ask on in-game chat "What are you doing" you'd better give me a proper response or my muzzle will be in your brain. I also don't like people with gas masks/payday masks, you look creepy so I usually put you down. Otherwise Im very friendly and always leave you with supplies if you need something.

Pretty much just based on gear. I won't kill players who have little gear, but anyone with a gun is fair game.

If I get the drop on someone and they don't have a gun out, but have one on their back, I won't immediately kill them (just because I can kill them if they try something).

This is just based on experience. I've very rarely been attacked by someone with a melee weapon, but I've only not been attacked by someone with a gun once. After talking to him, I found out that he had no ammo.

Depends on if you see me or not, really.

But if you're armed and I need what you have, I will probably take my chances.

Been friendly to everyone I've met but I guess I would defend myself if cornered and no option to run. Not going to risk starting a gun fight when they could have buddies around (I run solo). Have about 50 hours in and haven't killed any players and have only been killed by another player once (second day playing). Been held up once (surprised him/he didn't take anything) and I've been shot at while looting but escaped. I do worry about how I'm dressed though (camo jacket/vest and brown pants with a M4).

Surprisingly a lot of people that kill on sight... You have to take into consideration that the people who don't come to the forum most likely KoS even more.

KOS armed people and those who do not respect my personal space. Unfortunately you cant tryst anyone.

Edited by antoha1

If you have full military gear and you're creeping around the edge of town, kill on sight. If you're unarmed or melee I'll hold you up and kill you if you defy it.

So if I am armed and cautious you kill me on site? Not too fair, but I guess you don't want to take chances.

If you are not attacking anyone I likely leave you alone. If you act aggressive then I will defend myself or others.