BennyDawg

Best Places To Find Bandits

How I Navigate : http://dayzdb.com/map#3.051.125

1. Air/Military Bases are the best places to find bandits. Whether It's Balota, NW, or the Eastern Airstrip, you can always be sure of finding somebody at one of these places. Balota is the most well known, and is also closest to the spot on the coast where most people spawn at. The airstrips are where bandits can find the easiest prey because it's such an open area. 

2. Cities, such as any on the coast, but after many, many, many hours of play, I have found that Kamyshovo is the highest traffic area. The reason for this is because a large amount of people spawn at 3 Valleys and then run West on the Main Road or Railroad. Where you will find fresh spawns, you will find bandits. Normally bandits hideout in the woods on the costal side of the mountain, so watch out because you never know if someone is on top, behind, or beside you. 

3. Water Sources are also a highly watched area. If you have a Canteen or Water Bottle then you know how important it is to keep it full. Since people with loot are likely to run through here, snipers will watch these positions for an easy way to take loot, so watch out. 

This thread is meant for NEW PLAYERS, so if you are experienced and already know this information, then good, that means you're not brain dead. 

No hate please

How can you tell they are bandits?

A bandit is a person that KOS and normally has a gun of some sort. Most run in groups so you'll be out numbered. 

A bandit is a person that KOS and normally has a gun of some sort. Most run in groups so you'll be out numbered.

I have a gun too. But I don't KoS. And I play with friends.

The question stays.

• Like 1

Please rename to "How To KoS potentially any player."  Or maybe add the note:   Observe.  It's everyone's goal to get a gun.  Heros, Bandits, even medics and care bears.  The only way to tell Bandits is observe. 

"But what if they have a gas mask?"  Observe.

"But what if they have a clown mask?"  Observe. 

Or just KoS just to keep people on their toes. 

They lie prone with a Mosin with a long range scope. They also shoot at everything they see.

The question of the FUCKING year!

Most survivors will approach you, and in Comms say I am friendly, Bandits tend to shoot you.

What a brilliant definition.  So basically, to you, any group of players or any individual wielding a gun, is a bandit.  You must make a lot of friends.

The question of the FUCKING year!

Most survivors will approach you, and in Comms say I am friendly, Bandits tend to shoot you.

Watch most of the youtube videos people have posted.  They'll tell you they're just going to rob you and then let you go, or at least let you live and wrestle your way out of the cuffs, and then proceed to force you to drink Disinfectant spray.  Oh and then they'll kill you after, or leave you to die from all the spray.

Sure there's 3-5% of the population that doesn't kill any or everyone they see, but they're certainly not the majority.

They lie prone with a Mosin with a long range scope. They also shoot at everything they see.

I do this..... To kill bandits.

• Like 1

What a brilliant definition.  So basically, to you, any group of players or any individual wielding a gun, is a bandit.  You must make a lot of friends.

So I'm guessing that you aren't smart enough to understand what KOS is then?

I'm very new at this game. However I logged into a German server where you can chose your spawn and I chose to spawn near Elektrozavodsk. Armed with only a Makarov SD (came with the server settings) I was nearing a barn at the griever hill near the town and saw a Russian player with a Bandit status exiting it not noticing me heading toward his direction. I came as close as 50 meter with him foolishly keeping his back turned at me. Best free kill ever. Gave me a nice M24. I was just very lucky, at the right place at the right moment.

Edited by Bernharde
  • Like 1

I'm very new at this game. However I logged into a German server where you can chose your spawn and I chose to spawn near Elektrozavodsk. Armed with only a Makarov SD (came with the server settings) I was a barn at the griever hill near the town and saw a Russian player with a Bandit status exiting it not noticing me heading toward his direction. I came as close as 50 meter with him foolishly keeping his back turned at me. Best free kill ever. Gave me a nice M24. I was just very lucky, at the right place at the right moment.

which server? I never had a choice of where to spawn

I'm very new at this game. However I logged into a German server where you can chose your spawn and I chose to spawn near Elektrozavodsk. Armed with only a Makarov SD (came with the server settings) I was a barn at the griever hill near the town and saw a Russian player with a Bandit status exiting it not noticing me heading toward his direction. I came as close as 50 meter with him foolishly keeping his back turned at me. Best free kill ever. Gave me a nice M24. I was just very lucky, at the right place at the right moment.

I'm guessing it's on the mod version of DayZ, because I don't think there's M24's yet... and you can't choose where you want to spawn and you don't spawn with a weapon since I don't think you can change the server settings like that (because there aren't private hives yet)

But I could be wrong - I'm still pretty new to this.

Edited by VirtualSpark

I gotta say, be careful if you're planning on playing hero from a distance, the last time I watched over Kamyshovo I was actually killed by someone who thought I was a bandit sniping newspawns!

Edited by Elys22

anti-bandito with a sniper rifle, prone in a gorse bush up yonder scopes another anti banana in the shade of a koombah tree over thur

assuming the worst he blows his brains out.

meanwhile koombah trees mate gets mugged by real bandits well within range of koombah's covering rifle.

shit happens i guess

Edited by RogueNZ
  • Like 1

Either DE 1000 #1 NPC Fortress or DE 1000 #2 NPC Fortress. They do restart the server very often though (the one thing I dislike about this server). Despite being a German server its community is very international with people from all around of Europe (and Russia for those who don't count that as Europe).

It's a very busy server full of PKs, by the way.

However, when I posted that message I still thought I was posting at the mod version's forum (my first 2 messages on the forums here are at the wrong section :P). Sorry, I play the mod version, not the standalone one (might buy that one once it leaves alpha and beta).

Edited by Bernharde

However, when I posted that message I still thought I was posting at the mod version's forum (my first 2 messages on the forums here are at the wrong section :P). Sorry, I play the mod version, not the standalone one (might buy that one once it leaves alpha and beta).

That will be a while