Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Tyson

The end of the long grass...

Was just wondering what dictates how far the end of the long grass/ detailed foliage... 

Not shadowz 

Not viewdistance

unsure if its scene complexity or preferred object view... 

Not sure, but I think it's the object quality, this setting at least dictates how dense the grass is.

I'm talking about the distance at which the grass is no longer detailed. The distance until the long grass is no longer there... just a flat green, undetailed version of 'grass'. 

Makes it too easy to shoot people. 

Edited by Mr_Tyson

Makes it too easy to shoot people.

and make impossible to hide ;)

for me is major issue for gameplay when is easier to see guy wearing ghillie suit 1km way in long grass than to see guy 25 metre away in long grass no ghillie suit :huh:

I don't know what control the distance for this

Yea its a bit off, do you have the same problem?

i.e. is your picture of a similar discription? 

Edited by Mr_Tyson

That does not solve my problem. Im not talking about getting rid of the grass. What determines where the detailed grass ends... i have about 100m of detailed grass and then undetailed grass. Looking through a scope all you see is undetailed trees grass and foliage. 

That exact problem, is a thing that annoys me. It exists in Battlefield 4 as well, and is quite gamebreaking, if you're trying to play stealthy. I think the rendering of grass and other types of cover should be a pre-set tamper-proof setting, so it is the same game (in that regard) for everone playing.

Holdt, on 16 Jan 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:Holdt, on 16 Jan 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

That exact problem, is a thing that annoys me. It exists in Battlefield 4 as well, and is quite gamebreaking, if you're trying to play stealthy. I think the rendering of grass and other types of cover should be a pre-set tamper-proof setting, so it is the same game (in that regard) for everone playing.

At least 40% of the playerbase wouldn't be able to run the game. I already have framerate issues when looking into treelines - That plus a thousand meters of rendered grass I'd probably dip under 17 fps.

Edit: Might as well force shadows on high aswell, because a guy may be laying down in the shadow of a bush and without that shadow we'll see him.

Edited by AllDayZSimon

This value controls grass density and how far you can see it:

sceneComplexity

At least thats the case for Arma 2/3, so im 99% sure its the same here :)

Edited by Byrgesen

At least 40% of the playerbase wouldn't be able to run the game. I already have framerate issues when looking into treelines - That plus a thousand meters of rendered grass I'd probably dip under 17 fps.

Edit: Might as well force shadows on high aswell, because a guy may be laying down in the shadow of a bush and without that shadow we'll see him.

Well, that depends on the setting then. I really don't care how long a distance it renders it, I just think it should be the same for everyone. At least when it comes to the cover, which is essential in these types of games.