Max Planck

News and Developer Updates from external sources

Those have been spirited out of the game files somehow, so I wouldn't exactly call it official news/updates. Still news worthy though, not sure what to do with it...

I know, we'll just leave them right there in your post.

This thread is for collecting news and updates from the developers.

Post them as you find them, then I'll add them to the OP for easy reference.

Please discuss updates elsewhere on the forum, posts not providing new content will mysteriously disappear.

--------------------------------------------------------------*******---------------------------------------------------------

January 14th:

Brian Hicks ‏@Hicks_206

A Russian gentleman going by the name Gena happens to be the 1,000,000th person to login to DayZ and create their first character.

Dean Hall ‏@rocket2guns 

fix combat logging and some other big bugs next goal :P

Chris Torchia ‏@ctorchia

A 'WIP of the week' pic. You've seen it teased but soon you'll be able to find it.

Bd9BxD1CQAE4_Cb.jpg

More on this:

Chris Torchia ‏@ctorchia sawed off has about 4x the spread of the full length.

Fan Question: Awesome, look forward to seeing it in game! Worth keeping all that shotgun ammo I keep seeing or will new ammo be introduced?

Chris Torchia ‏@ctorchia keep the 00 buck. Toss the slugs for now.

Chris Torchia ‏@ctorchia I take it back - keep those slugs! And don't drop the shotty when you fire both barrels at the same time..

• Like 5

Why do I wrap vitamins around my arm?

also, what the hell do they do?

also, i ate some pristine antibiotics, and instantly got sick... wtf?

Both of these issues have already been fixed and will be pushed in our next patch.

Source: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165328-why-do-i-wrap-vitamins-around-my-arm/#entry1672930

• Like 6

also changing stances will be updated in one of the next patches, so the player should become more responsive

Stance changes are to "slow" especially the change to "lay-flat"

Source: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162286-quicker-standing-to-prone-and-vice-versa/#entry1671623

Edited by Gaint
  • Like 7

1. @ctorchia Really cool! R we able to load each barrel individually? Will we also get leg-holsters (holster=belt, if belts will ever come)? :D

2. @thegreenroy both if those ideas were discussed. We will see how difficult they are to implement.

https://twitter.com/ctorchia

Edited by Gaint
  • Like 7

Hicks at his Twitter:

"Prepping for patch notes and experimental branch update."

Edited by Nashtanir
  • Like 1

Not external, but i like this collection of info! (taken from thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162093-suggestion-new-animation-ideas/ )
About animations:

Thanks! Just wait how they will look after the aplha :)

We know about being not able switch a weapon while moving in crouch. We might add this in one of next updates. Prone is a problematic one, we can surely make that work, but would you be able in real life move in prone and take a gun from your back?  ;)

Lying down with hands on head sounds interesting.

Pointing in a direction plus other gestures almost ready to add in game :)

Opening of doors and ladder is something we definitely want to improve.

• Agreed!

Hicks at his Twitter:

"Prepping for patch notes and experimental branch update."

The patch is already out...

EDIT:

Sorry, I meant the patch notes are out.

Edited by Max Planck

No hey it makes so much more sense to have players digging through what will be 5+ pages of single posts in a thread, versus a dev tracker sub-forum which has individual threads per dev update.  You've really fucking nailed it, haven't you Max?  Whatever you need to do to make yourself feel important Max, until then, I'll keep reporting you for mod abuse.  Which is all you're doing.

But really though, keep it up, I'm sure you'll earn yourself a big ol' boot off the mod squad at the rate you're at.  Please try and close another changelog thread, because I'll make sure your mod status gets blown the fuck away.

Edited by McG2

no patch here, yet. nor are there any patchnotes

Wouldn't matter, Max would just lock the thread once players had an actual discussion going.

Edited by McG2

no patch here, yet. nor are there any patchnotes

Patch is not out yet, I meant the patch notes.

Here they are: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165709-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-031114343/

No hey it makes so much more sense to have players digging through what will be 5+ pages of single posts in a thread, versus a dev tracker sub-forum which has individual threads per dev update.  You've really fucking nailed it, haven't you Max?

Reading the OP makes sense. Staying on topic makes sense.

Setting up a dev-tracker sub-forum is not part of my responsibilities.

Whatever you need to do to make yourself feel important Max, until then, I'll keep reporting you for mod abuse.  Which is all you're doing.

Please don't abuse the report system.

But really though, keep it up, I'm sure you'll earn yourself a big ol' boot off the mod squad at the rate you're at.  Please try and close another changelog thread, because I'll make sure your mod status gets blown the fuck away.

Good luck. Maybe you can replace me?

Edited by Max Planck

And thus endeth my little experiment, what the hell was I thinking...

Well, let me explain:

1. I made the thread as a response to this post by BL1P: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165136-request-pinned-news-and-updates-from-external-sources/#entry1670061

2. I didn't want to look all over the internet for updates, so I most cleverly thought I'd let forum member help out.

3. I didn't want to look through page after page of off-topic stuff every day to find the updates, so I made it clear that off-topic posts would be hidden.

4. I thought people wouldn't ignore the OP completely.

Experiment failed. Point number 4 was daft.

Have it your way then. I'll release this thread, you may do with it as you please (within reason and forum rules). OP will no longer be updated.

Unpinned.

Unlocked.

Moved to General Discussion.

• Like 3

fucking retards ruining a good initiative yet again.  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:

Edited by orlok
dont use that term here
  • Like 5