Bruder_Tod

More Zombie Types

Hey ppl, what do u guys think if they would add more zombie types? Like a jumping zombie, a big zombie wich can carry lot of damage and attack buildings or a screaming zombie wich lead a mob or something. And maybe if a Player die, the corpse will soon transform into a zombie if the player is infected with something. :)

The zombies in DayZ are just normal humans infected with some form of virus. They aren't undead or mutants.

So, no superpowers and no coming back to (un)life.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

Indeed, Rocket has expressed dislike for both ideas. There will be no "special infected" or players turning into zombies on death I'm afraid.

This isn't Left 4 Dead. It's the most realistic (or authentic as Rocket likes to put it) zombie game ever released.

Zombie Russian paratroopers officers kickboxers. These zombies can hit his foot on the head. Such a strike would be fatal, sudden (as meeting with these zombies). These zombies need a little on the map. Location: Devil's Castle, west Krasnostav, west Petrovka.

• Like 1

Zombie Russian paratroopers officers kickboxers. These zombies can hit his foot on the head. Such a strike would be fatal, sudden (as meeting with these zombies). These zombies need a little on the map. Location: Devil's Castle, west Krasnostav, west Petrovka.

...what did i just read?

• Like 1

What about a crawler zombie that lurks? Lies in wait so it looks like a dead zombie but when someone walks past it attacks and then crawls after the person until shot or has lost track of the person it's attacking? If the person gets away it then goes back into waiting.

atleast the zombies should be harder. there should be a reason to spend ammo on them.

Generally the only "Special" zombies that should exist are those that warrant the title of "Special". I had a few ideas for "Special" zombies.

For example:

Corpse/Carrier - A Zombie who's so decrepid and decaying, covered in filth and rith with disease, similar to the Viral Zombies of the Mod, higher chance of infections apon hit.

Soldier/SWAT - While Soldier Zombies are indeed added at the moment, they are basically cosmetic differences. I believe that these Zombies should be sturdier against Melee attacks.

Backpacker - A Zombie who carries a backpack, the supplies are almost always in a badly damaged state and they purely basic stuff.

Fat - Just a really fat but slow zombie, takes some punishment from melee weapons and even firearms without a headshot

Child - A child Zombie, smaller in frame so harder to spot, slightly faster than average infected but weaker as a result.

Hopper - A Zombie that crawls around on all fours, often "hopping" in it's idle state

Crawler - A Zombie who's lost the use of its legs, crawling wherever it goes

• Like 1

Indeed, Rocket has expressed dislike for both ideas. There will be no "special infected" or players turning into zombies on death I'm afraid.

& this is why we love him , you dont have to go over the top to be original , some times the classics are exponentially better than a reinvented monstrosity .

hollywood is a bad influence on gaming & should be treated with intense discretion . or as an acute lead deficiency , in which i have many calibers to administer treatment .

is there an absolute hell no list confirmed by Dean that we can hang over the DayZ Forums logo with big blinking lights " if you have a grate idea look hear " 

while were at it pin that NEED to ID players as good or bad thread to the inside of a bedpan ..... sorry im getting over the flu & grumpy .

& this is why we love him , you dont have to go over the top to be original , some times the classics are exponentially better than a reinvented monstrosity .

hollywood is a bad influence on gaming & should be treated with intense discretion . or as an acute lead deficiency , in which i have many calibers to administer treatment .

is there an absolute hell no list confirmed by Dean that we can hang over the DayZ Forums logo with big blinking lights " if you have a grate idea look hear " 

while were at it pin that NEED to ID players as good or bad thread to the inside of a bedpan ..... sorry im getting over the flu & grumpy .

Haha, no there is not. Feel free to watch old interviews and devblogs and put one together though.

i think that the game need "special" zombies, no mutations only that their attribute changes, example soldier should have body armor and take alot more hits then regular, a cop zombie might be sturdier agains melee but not against bullets and so on.

Why i think the game need special zombies, its because the game is to easy. There are at max 10-15 zombies in the larger cities, which are killed very easily with one chop of the hatch or on bullet, hit anywhere on their body. There is basically no resistance at all, you can even run away from the zombies so surviving in the game is out of the question, instead its PvP but added some annoying zombies standing around.

The problem is that the servers cant handle that amount of zombies on the server at the same time, not now when all the loot is spawned.

So to keep the amount of zombies down, add a lot of specials and rarely any standard zombies.

Generally the only "Special" zombies that should exist are those that warrant the title of "Special". I had a few ideas for "Special" zombies.

For example:

Corpse/Carrier - A Zombie who's so decrepid and decaying, covered in filth and rith with disease, similar to the Viral Zombies of the Mod, higher chance of infections apon hit.

Soldier/SWAT - While Soldier Zombies are indeed added at the moment, they are basically cosmetic differences. I believe that these Zombies should be sturdier against Melee attacks.

Backpacker - A Zombie who carries a backpack, the supplies are almost always in a badly damaged state and they purely basic stuff.

Fat - Just a really fat but slow zombie, takes some punishment from melee weapons and even firearms without a headshot

Child - A child Zombie, smaller in frame so harder to spot, slightly faster than average infected but weaker as a result.

Hopper - A Zombie that crawls around on all fours, often "hopping" in it's idle state

Crawler - A Zombie who's lost the use of its legs, crawling wherever it goes

I would definitly enjoy that! Brings in more variaty and could make the fight against the Zombies more interesting.

How about shouting a little Zombie-child? Hard stuff but it would go very well with the "realistic" aspect.

However, it would cause a lot more work to do for the team. More models to made, other AI for the different "types" and so on.

I really hope they're consider it.

I would definitly enjoy that! Brings in more variaty and could make the fight against the Zombies more interesting.

How about shouting a little Zombie-child? Hard stuff but it would go very well with the "realistic" aspect.

However, it would cause a lot more work to do for the team. More models to made, other AI for the different "types" and so on.

For those who know how object origented programming works, knows what I talk about.

The child zombie does require some additional motions and behavior, and maybe alot mor then that, but other zombies is derived from a zombie class, if a couple of subclasses are created, different types of zombies. Example the soldier zombie, simply set the Healt to a higher value and even make them more durable against bullets while cops can take more hits byt melee but not bullets, and so on, They would still behave but they have a special attribute about them.

In other words, it is posible to have special zombies by "cheating" with the programming.

yeah .. member him stating there will be no child zombies , i know im all broken up about it too but its better for every one that children are excluded from being murdered & tortured .