Sign in to follow this  
gamer222

idea for Prison to have door KEYS

This is just idea like for cars or handcuffs so you could take prisoners inside...and keep them as hostages, it would be realistic :)

• Like 3

Indeed realistic perhaps subject to a little to much griefing.

Can i ask what your intentions are for this eg lock a person up un cell and just logg off for the night knowing you have ruined some guys chance of playing???

They would like cuffs have to make it viable to break out of them (which is not realistic at all but another example of having o add mechanics to lower griefing but yet still maintain an authentic experience.

I wouldnt use realistic and Dayz together it has some points based on realisim but it is far far from realisitic if you think about it....

• Like 2

They leave that server and join other which doors are opened. Fail.

• Like 2

possible valid and i havent tested it if you log into another server while cuffed are you still cuffed ( or does it kill you ) cells could be done as a persistant state on a character so what ever server he goes to the door is indeed locked.

But i doubt they would do it for the griefing abilities more likely again they would make it so it could be broken open rendering it fairly useless in many situations without posting a gaurd on them which then means you dont need to lock the door at all just leave the armed gaurd lol

Well you will not be able to log out that easily when combat logging is fixed...i would notice that he wants to log out and just kill him...

Well you will not be able to log out that easily when combat logging is fixed...i would notice that he wants to log out and just kill him...

you would notice he was just standing there doing nothing waiting for a 15 second timer (or whatever timer they put to it)to run out as apposed to just standing there not going anywhere because he is locked up and has nowhhere to go ??

You have some special powers of observation i tip my hat to you cause i cant do that although again with you standing gaurding him in said cell to shoot if he is going to log LOL  why does the door need to be locked you can shoot if he tries opening it just as easily detaining him .

No offence i sort of know what ya want but it is not well thought out is all..

I would tell them to constantly move in bed 10 to 15 seconds if it's log out 30 second...

Well keep someone in prison is stupid(only for gag or blood bag, because i do not see any other options) he will do everything to die cause game have no sense for him anymore.

• Like 1

That's the point of the prison being locked up lol people will die in prison cells, or being kept and feed up until server restarts.... depends on kidnappers mood what they will do with hostage...just idea

Well keep someone in prison is stupid(only for gag or blood bag, because i do not see any other options) he will do everything to die cause game have no sense for him anymore.

That's the point of the prison being locked up lol people will die in prison cells, or being kept and feed up until server restarts.... depends on kidnappers mood what they will do with hostage...just idea

Yaeh, before fun starts, play life itself must have some value besides gear. .

Initially I was thinking this is a terrible idea but then I thought it would add an element if you were to be taken captive you could enlist the help or your friends or good people to rescue you through the forum. It could be ran the same way as the medical assistance thread. You would have to be able to know exactly where you were held though so I see some difficulties arising. My point is I guess I am just trying to find our a way to kill the OP for being a horrible person and thinking up this idea.

• Like 1

I like the idea of seeing good loot being locked in cell , or add new room with locked armory where you can see nice weapons and gear but you need to unlock it with key

• Like 4

Hey matej I like your idea a lot but let's looked then as a whole game imagine that almost every house is locked on the map besides buildings or stores shops etc...it would give different dynamic to the game but finding keys for doors would be somehow pain in the ass, it would be nice if you could unlock the door not just with a keys but with lock picking or to be able to brake the doors with different types of tools like axe in some period of time i think it's too easy just to go to any house and the door is not locked...

Hey matej I like your idea a lot but let's looked then as a whole game imagine that almost every house is locked on the map besides buildings or stores shops etc...it would give different dynamic to the game but finding keys for doors would be somehow pain in the ass, it would be nice if you could unlock the door not just with a keys but with lock picking or to be able to brake the doors with different types of tools like axe in some period of time i think it's too easy just to go to any house and the door is not locked...

DUDE! I just made a topic about that in the suggestions! Whoa, it's like our minds are one man...

This is a really great idea, and one that would add A LOT of playability for such a small feature! Also you could have loot in some areas as well, and you would need to obtain the key in order to access the loot area. I just imagine a cell full pantsless bambis, 2 bambis one fire axe, or perhaps bambi versus zombie.

Actually come to think of it, you could lock people up, and force rescue missions just fine without prison cells. Prisons cells are probably going to end up causing more harm than good, but I do really like the idea of working towards looting a key to get to that loot that you can see, but can't get to.

Edited by Ziggykong

I like the idea

Though of course being locked in a prison is no fun

So there have to be heroes who will raid prisons and fight against the captors to set the prisoners free

Might make for some fun battles/scenarios

• Like 1

Go die OP.This game's community wants to turn DayZ into Sadist simulator /w zombies. And frankly it's creepy.

It would definitely change dynamics of gameplay, locked houses should have special loots.. could be anything from ammo or mask or weapons with random possibilities, and those who got the key have maybe little more power over that house some people would lock themselves inside and the only way to get to them would be braking the door with special lock picking tools or axe or something similar to it...i think Rocket could leave some kind notes in games with puzzles like when you read it it gives you some kind tips like to get inside this house u will need to find yellow house in that (area name) and search in a back yard I left keys there....it would be like missions but not necessarily needed or forced to do it... because if u have tools to brake it u can get inside of them without looking for key ....

I'd really like to see this implemented. Could lead to some rather interesting scenarios.

I like the locks and keys idea, but not for taking prisoners. That just makes zero sense honestly.

I would be cool though if you log off in the prison you die, so no server jumping to different areas of prison. So I can get some keys and lock/unlock different doors and restrict access to different parts of the prison. Would make a good base of operations.

Thankfull Rocket is working on combat logging.

Well let's forget about prisoners, I mean if you have the key for any house or door you will be able to lock and unlock for whatever is meant , you could lock yourself or someone...

I have one scenario example : you went to some village and there bunch of houses in the area you come to door and try to open it and it says it's locked, there is note next to the door(sometimes notes are randomly placed behind the house or somewhere around) u read it and there is small diary on note from previous owner of the house saying where he left the key Rocket could put notes with such mystery and puzzle that you need to figure it out by yourself where is it its not going to show you, so you start looking for clues and stuff you find it after some time of playing you come back to that house with all loot you got and say hey I'm gonna stay in this house for some time this was my 3rd day that I survive my beard is bigger my clothes are dirty I can survive with this one more day i killed some zombies it's getting night and u lock yourself inside...in meanwhile some random guys coming they are being chased by zombies or bandits and they bump front of your house they don't know that you are inside or that there is anything inside at all imagine they say plz someone open the door we gonna die zombies are closing we have nothing we are friendly...and you are like oh crap should I say something or open the door or try to kill them...let's say u don't say nothing and they were like let's brake into the house with a axe cuz we have no option or time to stick around and they brake the door and get inside look at all your loots food that you were collected for so long and then they see you with shotgun telling them who are you what are you doing in my house lol u just blust them or make new friends or keep them as hostage in your house? who would know that they are there lol

If it's implemented it would be better than the walking dead tv show or the misery movie :)