WigglyJKilla

How many of you are Bandits?

How Many Are Bandits  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

Just wanted to get a feel for how many people on here would say they are bandits. I have only been playing a short while and have run across approximately 20 other survivors. Only 2 of them did not shoot me on sight and 1 of the 2 tried to axe me to death after playing nice for 2 minutes.

I'm not really upset that I get killed, just wish that others had some imagination and weren't a bunch of ADD-suffering souls whose first instinct is shoot anything that moves.

• Like 5

Just wanted to get a feel for how many people on here would say they are bandits. I have only been playing a short while and have run across approximately 20 other survivors. Only 2 of them did not shoot me on sight and 1 of the 2 tried to axe me to death after playing nice for 2 minutes.

I'm not really upset that I get killed, just wish that others had some imagination and weren't a bunch of ADD-suffering souls whose first instinct is shoot anything that moves.

i'm yet to meet a randomer that didn't either shoot me on sight or betray me after i let them live. it just seems they don't exist :( hopefully with more difficult zombies and environment there will be more friendly / creative players, but i really doubt it. it's call of duty down at the coast and there's nothing going on up north.

• Like 1

Very few people I run into are friendly, but I have met some. I have a feeling that the majority of the bandits have no interest in testing the game and so therefore would have not signed up on the forums. These poll results will be really inaccurate.

-Pacifist Survivor 

• Like 3

Im still shocked at either how good of luck I have, or how bad luck everyone else has. I've run into bandits maybe a total of 5 times, and most times they didn't KOS. The other 30 or so survivor encounters were friendly enough, we didn't try killing each other, so that's a start. I ended up grouping with 5 other guys I met with at Electro, and none of them knew each other for longer than 30 minutes (Or so they say). But yeah, Im just your every day survivor. I'm not out to help you, but nor do I want to see your corpse below my feet. I'd much rather us become friends, or at least not mess with each other, and I guess that vibe has rubbed off on the area around me, because only when I was pissed and wanted someone dead did I run into bandits. Karma's a bitch, guess thats all.

• Like 3

I try my best to be a hero, I talk to people in direct from somewhere they can't see me, and if they don't comply I shoot them, but if they don't answer and don't have any weapon then I let them live.

Most people i meet are friendly and i spend as much time in the south as i do north (i've been KoS'd like 3-5 times in my 170 hours) I'm all of the above. I don't play a set way, i just play to the situation; sometimes i rob people, sometimes i help people, sometimes i KoS, sometimes i avoid all human interactions and sometimes i just creep and fuck with people, it purely depends on what i need, how i feel and how i consider the other person after observing them to what i will do. I'm just trying to survive yo! :P

Edited by twingunz

I have yet to meet a friendly armed player... Every unarmed is friendly of course.

• Like 2

I can't really vote on this... i'm neither a bandit, nor a hero. I do what i have to do. I kill people if i need to do, i help people if it suits me...

i'm yet to meet a randomer that didn't either shoot me on sight or betray me after i let them live. it just seems they don't exist :( hopefully with more difficult zombies and environment there will be more friendly / creative players, but i really doubt it. it's call of duty down at the coast and there's nothing going on up north.

Dude. More difficult zombies and enviroment are just gonna make it worse. I believe the reason standalone has a bit less bandits is because the zombies and enviroment are not a real threat. In the mod where zombies were a big pain in the ass you were more likely to be killed/raided, since survival was harder, and people would do anything to survive.

I never shoot on sight, and if I ever do, it's gonna be because I will either be protecting something/someone important, where I can't risk getting attacked by a bandit, or if my heart is pounding so fast, that someone just pops up and my reflexes make me immediatly shoot him. I always make sure people are friendly, and if they are, I tend to help them. Wether that means giving them stuff or teaming up with them. So I put hero. I'm definetely not the best hero around, but I at least try my best to be a good one :)

Edited by Johnny_Walker

Dude. More difficult zombies and enviroment are just gonna make it worse. I believe the reason standalone has a bit less bandits is because the zombies and enviroment are not a real threat. In the mod where zombies were a big pain in the ass you were more likely to be killed/raided, since survival was harder, and people would do anything to survive.

the standalone has more 'bandits' (inverted commas because i mean KoS'ers). nearly everyone is a bandit. what reason are people gonna play the game other than to kill each other if the zombies and survival remain this easy? you think there's less KoS now? you think zombies were a threat in the mod? they were legendary for being not threatening at all. people would not do 'anything to survive', they just wanted to kill each other because either they were bored or should be playing call of duty. you clearly didn't play the mod that much because zombies were not a threat in the slightest.

the standalone has more 'bandits' (inverted commas because i mean KoS'ers). nearly everyone is a bandit. what reason are people gonna play the game other than to kill each other if the zombies and survival remain this easy? you think there's less KoS now? you think zombies were a threat in the mod? they were legendary for being not threatening at all. people would not do 'anything to survive', they just wanted to kill each other because either they were bored or should be playing call of duty. you clearly didn't play the mod that much because zombies were not a threat in the slightest.

I have played the mod enough to know that shooting pretty much any gun in a city/airfield/military base will get you fucked from both zombies and players :)

• Like 1

I have played the mod enough to know that shooting pretty much any gun in a city/airfield/military base will get you fucked from both zombies and players :)

players yes. zombies no. if you are constantly moving a zombie can't hit you. if you hide in a bush the zombies will lose you. if you run through a building you will lose the zombies. they aren't hard. i've only ever legitimately died from zombies about three times. i've died from players hundreds of times.

(anyone reading this without the previous comments i'm talking about the mod)

None of the above.

I shoot at things that appear like a treath to me.

A gun in your hands is a treath.

But I'm not exactly a bandit. I avoid fighting if it's unnecessary. And by unnecessary I mean seeing someone running in the distance and not in the direction in which I wish to move, unarmed players, occasional friendlies.

I take my time to try and see what my target does. Someone on full mil gear looting gorka has a decent chance to be friendly.

A guy just rushing south in milgear is likely NOT friendly.

I guess I am a kind of survivor.

Pacifist.

Sometimes, I like holding people up at gunpoint, only to give them all my stuff and suicide.

The reactions are great. Also, I'm probably the only friendly armed guy you'll ever meet.

Sure Im a Bandit but I play with ROE ( rules of engagement).

For example I dont kill new spawns, I dont KOS (kill on sight ), I role play to the best of my abilitys,and if they dont respond to my request/ fight back then i will kill them.I just wish others did this as well when they bandit.

I don't KoS fresh spawns nor unarmed players. I also tend to give a chance on armed players having their guns holstered and they seem to be solo.

So, IMO, I can't see I fit into any of those 3 categories. I'm not a bandit, and as I play solo I don't have the "luxury" to be a hero either.

Pacifist? Hell no!

Edited by SyL3X

I am the hero who will take a stand when all those around him flee,

so yeah, not me :) 

Hopefully see you some day in game !

I guess I am a bandit, although i would never really think of myself as one. It comes out of fear of death that i will shoot someone, but not is it always necessary.

Id like to play a hero but it gets really hard after being killed needlessly time and time again.

It does make finding other loyal friendly's who want to gather and explore rare but rewarding.

Even though this isn't reality, I do enjoy playing as I live my life. I try to treat others with respect, but also scared of being killed myself. Have only found a couple of friendly players. Mostly bandits that KOS...........been robbed once too. Which was kinda cool that he didn't kill me. 

So you could call me a realist. Feel free to hit me up if anyone sees me out there!

Edited by BluntTr4uma

Seeing there are so many people that can't be trusted, I'm sure there are many 'self-defence bandits' out there.

I have yet to meet a friendly armed player... Every unarmed is friendly of course.

Yes, I second that, people are always firnedly when they think they are outmatched or have a chance of losing. Then when the tables turn, they go for your throat lol!

I guess Im a mix but I'd say more of a Hero than a bandit.

I usually kill armed people on sight unless they respond to my request to put their weapon down quick. If you run/retaliate Your as good as dead.

If you put your weapon down, Ill check you over and if you have anything I need then Ill take it and let you go but you leave the weapon and come back for it when I'm gone. I don't take any chances.

As for unarmed & new spawns, I'm always helping them out with food/Advice where or where not to go for loot.